Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Derek Lee, Scot Eyre, Jaque Jones, and more To Play In Chicago All Star Softball Game

For the first time ever, Chicago baseball legends from the White Sox and Cubs will come together for Larry A. Pogofsky Chicago All-Star Softball Challenge.
    Larry A. Pogofsky, one of the original White Sox investors, was a die-hard baseball fan who loved and respected every player that had the privilege to put on a major league uniform. The Pogofsky family has partnered with CBS Chicago and 670 The Score to honor his legacy through his love for the sport.
    The Inaugural Larry A. Pogofsky Chicago All-Star Softball Challenge will be held on Saturday September 7th, 2013 at the Schaumburg Boomers Stadium in the northwest suburbs at 4:00pm. Join us as we raise money for charity while witnessing the North Side / South Side rivalry as it has never been seen before.
    All proceeds will benefit Chicago White Sox Charities, Chicago Cubs Charities, and Special Kids Network.
    Tickets start at $15 and include general admission into the game. VIP tickets are available and include priority seating and access to the post-event BBQ! Kid's Clinic tickets are also available for purchase and include a one and a half hour coaching session with some of Chicago's greatest players, and general admission into the game.
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/softball/

I'd love to see this.

vCash
    Count me in, I'm kind of offended they have Adam Greenberg listed as 'pinch hitter'.

vCash
    Hate to say it but the Sox lineup is infinitely more stacked in this one.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash

Derek Lee, Scot Eyre, Jaque Jones, and more To Play In Chicago All Star Softball Game

It definatly is but imagine if the cubs had Sosa alou mcgriff rondell white randall simon eric karros mark grudzielanek lolMichael Barrett would be cool too lol I mean our pitching owns them...but it's softball lol I'm surprised woody didn't want in on this
    Last edited by cubbiefan_est88; 08-15-2013 at 02:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Hate to say it but the Sox lineup is infinitely more stacked in this one.
    Seeing as it's a charity event, it's probably not going to be a hardcore, all-out event. So, based on the number of big hitters they have, you're probably right. The fact that the Cubs representatives include a bunch of pitchers probably doesn't bode well.

Either way it's cool as hell and I'd love to see it.

vCash
    I feel like they didn't do a very good job picking cubs players

vCash
    The Braves do something like this every year for Alumni Weekend. I saw the one in 2011 putting the '91 Braves players against other era Braves stars. Smoltz hit a home run and was playing outfield the whole game. He even robbed a homerun by moving the temporary outfield fence (the crowd barricade type located about 30 feet past the infield dirt) and making the catch.

I was just there because it was pregame for the Cubs vs. Braves. But I think I was more excited than a lot of the Braves fans to see some of the players:

Steve Avery, Mike Bell, Mike Bielecki, Sid Bream, Rick Camp, Brad Clontz, Johnny Estrada, Marvin Freeman, Ron Gant, Tom Glavine, Marquis Grissom, Chris Hammond, Jay Howell, Brian Hunter, Brian Jordan, David Justice, Mark Lemke, Charlie Liebrandt, Greg McMichael, Fred McGriff, Dale Murphy, Jim Nash, Phil Niekro, CJ Nitkowski, Otis Nixon, Greg Olson, Marty Perez, Craig Skok, Pete Smith, John Smoltz, and Jeff Treadway

vCash
    Where are Prior and Wood
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash

I'm surprised Wood isn't playing too. Be nice to get him and Alex Gonzales.

vCash
    I've always been in favor of an annual old timers game like other teams do.
    Hopefully this can be the start of some sort of yearly event and gets big enough to move to Wrigley.

vCash
    THE Jacque Jones?

vCash

Got a ticket for this. It would be pretty cool to see this and plus I live 15 mins away from Schaumburg

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Where are Prior and Wood
    Prior might tear his ACL or something. Smart move by him to sit it out.

Additionally, I would pay money to see post-retirement Scott Eyre swing a bat.

vCash
    Impressed you managed to spell every player's name wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Impressed you managed to spell every player's name wrong.
    That's what I get for using copy paste... I just copied from the link. Though forgetting the extra T in Scott is my fault.