Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

ESPN: Lakers projected as 12th seed (36-46) + Kobe's response

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/95...west-standings

ESPN has projected the Lakers to finish as the 12th best team in the west this season with a measly 36-46 record.

Here is what Kobe said on twitter after arriving in LA from his Asia tour and hearing what these expert NBA writers had to say.

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 51m
    12th I see..

vCash
    Bring it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    Ahahha oh my goodness,Kobe is going to explode. He'll average triple doubles ahahah

vCash
    thats actually were we probably will finish...sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Even if we have a bad season, I see us finshing higher, we'll need a fully healthy Kobe to make the playoffs.

vCash
    6 years ago we would be at 2 with names like Kobe, Nash and Pau but with these Lakers u just dont know. What kind of Kobe are you getting? Nash will be 40 in Feb the oldest player in the nba still starting and playing a huge role. While he may look good the competition will be better so Pairing those two in the back gives you a bad defensive back court. Are we getting back the old Pau? with a bad back court and Pau never being an defensive anchor teaming him with a undersized pf makes Lakers an overall bad defensive team. Bench as improved but but not to the point that it makes up for being bad defensively. Nash needs to come off the bench he wont So i think 12 is about right, the west is brutal even for an ex allstar. 1 or 2 things will happen either they play as a team and balance this team out or Kobe will come back making mamba faces trying to push them into the playoffs and broke down his body trying again. Lets face it this team dont have a clear cut advantage at any position and as good as they think they will be on offense other will be just as good. The only way this team win over 50 games is if they pride themselves on defense. That may include a big name hitting the bench. My gut tells me that wont happen offense will be the focus and the ship will sink.
    Last edited by ldawg; 08-14-2013 at 07:47 AM.

vCash
    Mismatched roster.

Wrong coach.

Old Stars that are coming off serious injuries.

I said before, this team will be lucky to finish with a winning record. Playoffs are unlikely. No malace, just the truth.

vCash
    12th i see.. Bring it on..

vCash
    So we're just that bad that we'll finish behind the Pelicans, Trailblazers and Mavericks???? And Houston is just THAT good that they'll finish 4th??? More ESPN, BS.... I wonder if Bill Simmons or Charles Barkley, put their two cents in....

vCash
    OK....

We would get a good pick at least...

But I dont believe this will happen. I see as having better record than last year.

vCash
    I think Lakers get 7th with a Healthy kobe... the Lakers are limited 2 how high they can go with the lack of a defensive leader and no promising young player

vCash

ESPN: Lakers projected as 12th seed (36-46) + Kobe's response

Wolves at 8?

Wat?

vCash
    I can tell you for sure....
    Most over-rated Houston Rockets...
    First Omer Asik averaged a double double last year... and is an excellent defender...that wasn't a weakness on the team..
    secondly... a team with Harden and Howard and basically role players is all of a sudden one of the best teams in the NBA? Harden, he who melted down vs the Heat in the Finals? Howard, he who's always melted down under pressure? Chandler Parsons is now an NBA star? I'm not buying it...

Most under-rated LA Lakers...
    I don't understand how we address our weaknesses and we get worse? D12 was never a factor for our team...He won't be missed...we're healthier, younger, faster, longer and more athletic...and should be a much better shooting team...I don't understand...
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    Who cares? Espn like to talk **** on the Lakers, especially after last year. It's not like we're going to be that good next year. Lets be realistic.

vCash
    This would be a great year to finish 12th in the West.

The Future

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast