Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Preseason week 2: Jets vs Jaguars

Preseason WEEK 2

New York Jets (0-1) VS Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1)

Time: 7:30 PM ET
    Date: Saturday, August 17th
    TV: NFLn

QB Comparison

QB Rating Yards TD INT

99.8 125 1 1
    Mark Sanchez

? 87 0 0
    Chad Henne

RB Comparison

Yards Att. YPC TDs

14 9 1.6 0
    Bilal Powell

32 9 3.6 0
    Denard Robinson

WR Comparison

Yards Rec AVG TDs

23 2 11.5 0
    Braylon Edwards

15 2 7.5 0
    Mercedes Lewis

Defensive Leaders

Tackles Sacks INTs

Josh Bush Mo Wilkerson Q Coples(Sacks)
    6 1 1

Brandon Marshall D'Anthony Smith Dwayne Gratz
    5 1 1

More Stats

Last edited by Claymation; 08-13-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    First time doing this, hope it's not that bad. I also had no idea when to put it up (I've been done with it for like 2 days), so I went by the Giants forum and theirs was already up.....

Discuss

vCash
    This is Geno's shot. If he can't light it up with the starters against the lowly Jaguars, he will definitely not be the starter for week 1. He has to ignore/get over the pain and play as if his job depended on it. This game will make or break him
    Twitter: SteveMcG87

vCash
    I just hope Geno is healthy enough to get the start.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    if it is as light as everyone says it is, I assume it won't be a problem come saturday

vCash
    I'm hoping that if Geno's ankle isn't 100% that we sit him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    I'm hoping that if Geno's ankle isn't 100% that we sit him.
    That's not even an option. Coaches have their starters by week 3 of preseason, so he needs to play in order to compete. If he misses this week, he misses his chance.

vCash
    You don't risk somebody who isnt 100% fit in a game that doesn't mean anything.

My honest opinion, which I know not many people agree with, is that Greg McElroy is probably the QB that gives us the best chance to win from Week One. He would be a backup on most teams, but he has a bit of fire, and with more reps in practice and more experience I think can be a decent "game manager" type of player.

Mark has all the physical skills to be a very good QB, and none of the mental strength. At this point, what does anyone think is going to change from the last two seasons? I can only see the spiral getting worse. The crowd will get on his back, he knows half his team mates don't really want him, his confidence will sink further, and more horrible mistakes and more sitting on the sidelines starting sadly at the floor as everyone ignores him...

I might be wrong on Geno, but already just too many character issues and too many red flags.

I think we should probably start with Geno because he has more potential and I think *could* be the best player even if he isn't right now, and Greg needs to be ready to step in if it goes wrong or he gets hurt. Let Mark see out this year if his contract is structured that way, and maybe he can rebuild himself somewhere else as a backup. In a smaller market team and a fresh start, maybe he could get his head straight and play well. I just dont see that that is possible in New York anymore.
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2014
    16 carries, 78 yards, 1 TD
    5 receptions, 50 yards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    You don't risk somebody who isnt 100% fit in a game that doesn't mean anything.

My honest opinion, which I know not many people agree with, is that Greg McElroy is probably the QB that gives us the best chance to win from Week One. He would be a backup on most teams, but he has a bit of fire, and with more reps in practice and more experience I think can be a decent "game manager" type of player.

Mark has all the physical skills to be a very good QB, and none of the mental strength. At this point, what does anyone think is going to change from the last two seasons? I can only see the spiral getting worse. The crowd will get on his back, he knows half his team mates don't really want him, his confidence will sink further, and more horrible mistakes and more sitting on the sidelines starting sadly at the floor as everyone ignores him...

I might be wrong on Geno, but already just too many character issues and too many red flags.

I think we should probably start with Geno because he has more potential and I think *could* be the best player even if he isn't right now, and Greg needs to be ready to step in if it goes wrong or he gets hurt. Let Mark see out this year if his contract is structured that way, and maybe he can rebuild himself somewhere else as a backup. In a smaller market team and a fresh start, maybe he could get his head straight and play well. I just dont see that that is possible in New York anymore.
    I wasn't aware that Geno had character issues and many red flags. From everything I've read, he's a quick learner, studious and professional in his approach and has very good accuracy and makes good decisions. I'm happy to see he's not simply throwing it up for grabs when he doesn't see something he likes. The biggest knock I've seen is that he's taking sacks. I'll take that over the alternative which is rushing his reads and panicking. He'll learn to check-down quicker and release to outlets once his first options are taken away. Which is all the more reason I think they should start Sanchez. I don't beleive Geno's quite ready yet.

He's never been in trouble and is not known for bucking authority so I'm not clear as to where you would state he's a low-character guy. That puzzles me.

vCash
    I want to see better play from ABarnes and CPace.

ABarnes did get some pressure on the QB but he jumped offsides a couple of times, he needs to be more aware timing the snap.
    CPace may be having a good TC, but his lack of speed is evident during games, he may be best coming off the bench and playing in spurts rather than starting (similar to how Mike Devito was best used).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I want to see better play from ABarnes and CPace.

ABarnes did get some pressure on the QB but he jumped offsides a couple of times, he needs to be more aware timing the snap.
    CPace may be having a good TC, but his lack of speed is evident during games, he may be best coming off the bench and playing in spurts rather than starting (similar to how Mike Devito was best used).
    Agree on Pace. Honestly, I don't know where Pace stands on this team. I was kind of hoping we had a legit upgrade over him this off-season. For people that think Pace is a solid pass rushing 3-4, they're going to be very surprised when they watch Coples play.... Because I have a feeling that Q is gonna blow him out of the water.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Agree on Pace. Honestly, I don't know where Pace stands on this team. I was kind of hoping we had a legit upgrade over him this off-season. For people that think Pace is a solid pass rushing 3-4, they're going to be very surprised when they watch Coples play.... Because I have a feeling that Q is gonna blow him out of the water.
    Surprisingly enough, CPace started opposite QCoples at OLB for the 1st preseason game.
    I hope that ABarnes can prove himself to claim the starter's spot over him.

vCash
    Idc if Geno doesn't start, usually the reserves get more time

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the guy in that picture isn't Quinton coples

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    I'm pretty sure the guy in that picture isn't Quinton coples
    lol def not.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast