Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Steve McLendon

vCash

Steve McLendon

Just curious what Steeler nation thinks about Mclendon replacing Hampton. From what I gather, he did well in spot duty last year, and is being handed the starting job. At 280, he seems light to play the nose. Is he bulking up? Will they be putting that big rookie alameda in on some running downs? Seems like a very important position I have heard little talk about. Hampton has held it down there for the past decade+, so this is a big transition.

vCash
    The 280 has been wrong for a while. He's around 320. Not sure why no one, not even the Steelers site, has fixed it. Link: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#axzz2VCG2qulW

So yeah, he's bulked up. He's been bulked up.

Hampton is the more famous name but 2010 was his last really effective year. He wasn't too great the past two seasons. It's not just that McLendon did well in spot duty, he did better than Hampton and instead of letting his contract expire, they probably should have cut him during the 2012 offseason and let McLendon start. One of the coaching staff's flaws is that they allow old, declining former All-Pros on defense to linger along too long.

He's not as big as McLendon so he's not as much of an immovable object in the run game, but he's better at penetrating and pressuring the passer.

We're all pretty pumped for him.

vCash
    thanks, they need to update his weight. everywhere i look it says hes 280,and im thinkin no way they are making this guy the full time NT if he really weighs 280...figured he had put on weight...the listed weight is probably his combine weight or something.

vCash

Steve McLendon

Yea the steelers are one of the worse offenders of the height/weight reporting.

Example: Antonio Brown is at least 3" shorter than me and I'm 6' tall. He's also about 15 lbs heavier than they list him.

Ben is also closer to 255 than the 240 he's listed. Also more like 6'7" than the 6'4" I think he's listed at.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Mclendon will be fine he was better then Casey by a lot last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Mclendon will be fine he was better then Casey by a lot last year
    I kind of feel like a hypocrite when I say McLendon was better than Hampton, then defending Colbert's drafting by saying it takes time to learn the system. But it was close to literally EVERY time McLendon was in the game for Hampton. As opposed to someone like Heyward, who has only made a couple noticeable plays and then mostly fared about the same as Hood, who he's often compared to.

vCash
    McClendon is gonna do awesome. Looking forward to him