Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Archie Goodwin MVP

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/0...ition-program/

I'm surprised no one has posted this so I'll be the first. It really speaks volumes of the type of person Goodwin is. I think we may have found our SG of the next 10 years.

vCash
    Good article. I didn't even hear about this.

I will always wonder if he was going to be our pick, whether or not it was LA' or Miami's.

vCash
    Good to hear.

I think, if we haven't found our SG of the future, we've at least got a great trade chip in Goodwin. He's got so much potential and he's so young; from what i've seen, I'm amazed he wasn't drafted 15-20 spots higher.

vCash
    If Beasley doesn't get cut before the season starts, perhaps the rookie Goodwin can mentor him.

vCash
    The time-stamp on your post is very telling.

vCash
    ^^^I don't get it.

vCash
    sunsfan88's post... 4:20!

vCash
    I hope he turns out to be so. As a life long Suns fan it would be nice to get back in the mix of things.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    If Beasley doesn't get cut before the season starts, perhaps the rookie Goodwin can mentor him.
    funniest thing i read today lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Lol I thought you meant me. . That is pretty funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    I was wondering what you were talking about too, Phraz. Show's 1:20 on my thread, so I guess that defeats the joke for me, but yeah, 4:20 would be hilarious. When the Suns finally cut Beasley, they should hold the presser at 4:20.

vCash
    Archie Goodwin Plans on Giving ‘Hell’ to Teams That Passed on Him | SLAM

After a so-so freshman season on an underachieving University of Kentucky team ended with him sliding to No. 29 in the 2013 NBA Draft, Phoenix Suns guard Archie Goodwin has a simple message for the League:

“It would have been great to have been drafted where I thought I should have been,” Goodwin told SLAM during last week’s Panini photo shoot portion of the Rookie Transition Program. “Now every team that didn’t pick me, I’ve got to give them hell.”

At only 18 years of age, Goodwin was not only the youngest player selected in this past June’s Draft but also, admittedly, one of the rawest. If Summer League in Las Vegas, where he averaged 13.1 ppg and 3.3 rpg, was an indicator, the native of Little Rock, AR, is on the way to shushing his detractors and backing up his bold words.

“The experience of playing with guys that had been [at Summer League] before really helped me,” said Goodwin. “I did pretty good. I did better than people thought I would do.”

Part of that had to do with what looked to be, forgive the small sample size, a revamped jump shot.

Best known as an elite athlete, in 33 games at Kentucky last season Goodwin shot 44 percent from the field and only hit 17 threes (27 percent). This past July, however, in seven Summer League games he accumulated 8 threes on 57 percent shooting.

“I’ve been working a lot on my shot, just getting it more consistent,” said Goodwin. “I just needed to be able to showcase my skills and showcase what I’ve been working on.”

With a strong summer behind him and a verbal promise from Coach Jeff Hornacek that he’s going to play right away on a rebuilding Suns team, Goodwin is poised to show his fellow rookies and the rest of the League that it’s not about where you start, but rather where you finish.

“I know a lot of guys in this [Draft] class are not better than me,” said Goodwin. “I’m blessed to even be here, but to see how far I slid down—it was a surprise. Every game I go into, I’m showing every team that didn’t pick me that they made a mistake.”
    Lovin it!

vCash
    With a strong summer behind him and a verbal promise from Coach Jeff Hornacek that he’s going to play right away on a rebuilding Suns team, Goodwin is poised to show his fellow rookies and the rest of the League that it’s not about where you start, but rather where you finish.
    I guess that answers whether or not he'll be starting in the D-League.

vCash
    this kinda worries me though, we have several players that will be playing with a chip on their shoulders, Goodwin for having picked that low, Bledsoe finally coming out of Paul's shadow, Dragic who wants to prove he's still the best player on the team, Len for people/fans questioning his pick over Noel. i'm afraid that this team might over achieve, not saying get into the playoffs but win enough games that the team don't get a good positioning in the draft next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    this kinda worries me though, we have several players that will be playing with a chip on their shoulders, Goodwin for having picked that low, Bledsoe finally coming out of Paul's shadow, Dragic who wants to prove he's still the best player on the team, Len for people/fans questioning his pick over Noel. i'm afraid that this team might over achieve, not saying get into the playoffs but win enough games that the team don't get a good positioning in the draft next year
    Yeah, thats a valid concern, but there are others on the team...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast