Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mark Cuban rips Bud Selig

"I've got to tell you, with my experiences with Major League Baseball -- and after all of this, there's no chance I'm getting to buy a team -- it's basically become Bud Selig's mafia,"

"Horrible," Cuban replied to Leno's question about Rodriguez's suspension. "I think it's disgraceful what Major League Baseball is trying to do to him.

"Obviously, Bud Selig does not like to be tested," Cuban said. "He does not want anybody to stand up to him."

"It's never been proven that HGH helps a baseball player or a basketball player. It's just been so tainted that players shouldn't take it that it's become banned for no good reason."

"But I think this is more about Bud Selig trying to flex his muscles and say, 'If you don't kiss the ring, I'm going to take care of you and kick you out of Major League Baseball.' I think that's wrong."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/...rodriguez-saga
    Before anyone makes a comment about PED's. He's right, all statistical evidence shows that PED's do not help baseball players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

vCash
    If it doesnt help them then why take it? PERFORMANCE ENHANCING drugs....

Added muscle or ability to focus or heal unnaturally and on down the list... Its cheating... They are illegal. Selig is about 10 years to late and that is my only real criticism... Cuban is wrong

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    If it doesnt help them then why take it? PERFORMANCE ENHANCING drugs....

Added muscle or ability to focus or heal unnaturally and on down the list... Its cheating... They are illegal. Selig is about 10 years to late and that is my only real criticism... Cuban is wrong
    Actually. He's not. Steroid users and non steroid users have the same exact stats with little to no variaration at all.

And since he mentioned basketball I am sure they invested a lot of time into researching this themselves with a ton of money involved.

http://steroids-and-baseball.com/

Here is a study that showed there are no effects, it's very lengthy and takes a while to read, but it's peer reviewed and uses medical facts and baseball stats to show there are no effects.
    Last edited by Guppyfighter; 08-10-2013 at 03:45 AM.
    How do I think [Kevin] Love helps his team lose? Terrible defense, chucker, basically a of version if Monta

vCash
    To my understanding, and I could be wrong, but the biggest benefit from taking steroids is faster healing time from injuries, day to day fatigue, and such. I highly doubt juicing up is going to add .30 points to your batting average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    To my understanding, and I could be wrong, but the biggest benefit from taking steroids is faster healing time from injuries, day to day fatigue, and such. I highly doubt juicing up is going to add .30 points to your batting average.
    Yep. Healing time would be the biggest thing, other than that, you aren't going to see a bump in production rates.

vCash
    Yep, steroids didn't help barry bonds at all. Hitting 73 home runs at 36 was not aided by PEDs at all, it's a completely normal thing for players to do.
    Pitches Thrown: 239 Strikes: 145
    15.1 INN 9 K 4 BB
    1 W 1 L 0.59ERA
    Joe "The Bunter" Kelly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlumpledink View Post
    Yep, steroids didn't help barry bonds at all. Hitting 73 home runs at 36 was not aided by PEDs at all, it's a completely normal thing for players to do.
    Lol yup... Big Mac and Sammy sosa as well... Its just a coincidence when guys were juicing records that were not broke for 60 years were shattered... Sosa and Big Mac were not helped at all by roids... Just silly that you guys actually believe Peds do not help numbers go up

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    I checked out the moment PED's were brought up. Not because of my personal opinion on the subject, but mainly because, regardless if they help or not, will get half of this board so fired up that it becomes a flame war before anyone shouts 'Rocket'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Lol yup... Big Mac and Sammy sosa as well... Its just a coincidence when guys were juicing records that were not broke for 60 years were shattered... Sosa and Big Mac were not helped at all by roids... Just silly that you guys actually believe Peds do not help numbers go up
    I am guessing you didn't read the link then because his spike in home runs was explained very well.

I know, I know. Stats don't real, only feels reals.

vCash
    Well he was the greatest baseball player ever.

vCash
    See this sarcasm does not actually counter anything Guppy just said.

vCash
    it appears this is personal for Mr Cuban. to makes those harsh comments when he's never seen the evidence that pushed this beyond a normal 50, 100 game suspension has the signs of someone taking a personal bias against Selig.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floater View Post
    it appears this is personal for Mr Cuban. to makes those harsh comments when he's never seen the evidence that pushed this beyond a normal 50, 100 game suspension has the signs of someone taking a personal bias against Selig.
    Consider Selig has repeatedly kept him from buying a team, it could make sense why he feels that way.

vCash
    I love the tautological thought process; How do we know PEDs improve performance? Why, because they are called Performance Enhancing Drugs silly!

The reality is that PEDs like Human Growth Hormone are principally involved in improving physical recovery times. As this includes everything from recovering from an injury to recovering from a heavy workout regimen they do represent an unfair advantage, ergo the basis for their ban.

However, I would argue that if it could be managed with a minimum of detrimental health effects under the supervision of team doctors and regulated by the league those kinds of treatments could actually help baseball players stay on the field longer.

HGH does not make you hit an additional 13 home runs to break the record.
    It does allow you to work out harder to build the muscles that allow you to hit those homers however.

Either way; Bud Selig is the steroid commissioner.

Bud, the owners, and the union rode the PED fueled Home Run races for all they were worth to put baseball back into contention after the 80s and 90s and only after MLB was reestablished as the money making machine it is today does he care.

No matter what Selig does this year and the next against PEDs he is still the commissioner whose only response to Bonds was to sit in the stadium with his hands in his pockets as the record breaker sailed over the wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Consider Selig has repeatedly kept him from buying a team, it could make sense why he feels that way.
    Cuban, nooo too bad for the sport but Loria, the Wilpons and Frank Mccourt, yup those guys are cool to run a franchise.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast