Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Adam Dunn Cleared Waivers

Per Jon Heyman of CBS....

Dunn clears waivers able to be traded to any team.

vCash
    Trade him to the Dodgers. We could use a big lefty off the bench.

vCash
    You're willing to take him as a bench player w that contract?

vCash
    He did better in the NL, but I have a hard time seeing him in the field every day...

Peavy gone, Rios gone ... Donkey next???
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    I'd say Alexei is next, but that won't happen until the offseason. I don't think we can get a PTBNL until the offseason.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

vCash
    Dunn on the O's makes too much sense. Have him hitting behind Chris Davis and Adam Jones he would definitely put up some decent numbers. He wont cost them any type of decent prospect just pay his salary for next season.

vCash
    I just can't wait to see Dunn in a other uniform. I don't think I've hated a player as much as I hate Dunn. He's nothing but a lazy SOB who hits a homer once in a while and strikes out 80% of the time.

Paying this chump the coin he's getting ATM is one of the biggest joke in all of baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D.A.T.W. View Post
    I just can't wait to see Dunn in a other uniform. I don't think I've hated a player as much as I hate Dunn. He's nothing but a lazy SOB who hits a homer once in a while and strikes out 80% of the time.

Paying this chump the coin he's getting ATM is one of the biggest joke in all of baseball.
    What!?

He has been one the best players on the Sox this season. He Currently has the highest OPS on the team. That horrendous start was due to him listening to Manto to be more aggressive at the plate. That is not who Adam Dunn is, he succeeds when he sees a lot of pitches, takes walks and hits homeruns. Since when are homeruns a bad thing?

vCash
    He might not be worth 15M but sadly he has been far and away the best offensive player we have this season.

vCash

Adam Dunn Cleared Waivers

He's been .288/.402/.536 with less than a strikeout per game since June 1. He has the highest OPS of 1B since June 1.

I still can't believe more people haven't been talking about him being on the move.

vCash

I'd make a lazy OPS joke again but I dont want to ruin it.

vCash
    KW wanted him bad for a long time. He was terrible in 2011 and early this season, but last year and since he quit listenung to Manto he has been better, i.e. himself. Dunn would be a good addition to a team that really wants to win this year.
    Last edited by Muttman73; 08-12-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    He's someone I'd get rid of on the same kind if deal as rios. Don't pay any salary to the team just get what you can. A blocked mid to low level prospect would do the trick for me.

vCash
    I would be in favor of holding on to him till next trade deadline, assuming he keeps up at his current pace, than teams will forget about his early struggles this season. By next trade deadline if he has 20+ HR's and a .400 OBP that will next a pretty nice return, especially since teams would only have to pay him for half a season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    What!?

He has been one the best players on the Sox this season. He Currently has the highest OPS on the team. That horrendous start was due to him listening to Manto to be more aggressive at the plate. That is not who Adam Dunn is, he succeeds when he sees a lot of pitches, takes walks and hits homeruns. Since when are homeruns a bad thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by CQSox305 View Post
    He might not be worth 15M but sadly he has been far and away the best offensive player we have this season.
    Being the best player on one of the worst teams in the league isn't really something I'd be proud of. Dunn is a pretty solid hitter but his overall game plus his whopping contract and his constant lack of intensity is probably the reason why I don't like him.

I'd pull a Rios with Dunn, if possible, and trim our payroll even more cause he won't bring this team anywhere near a playoff spot in the next couple of years anyways, so might as well "cut the fat" and save some cash in the process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast