Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Prime Lindros or Current Crosby?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prime Lindros

21 63.64%
  • Current Crosby

12 36.36%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Prime Lindros vs Current Crosby

I saw this poll on another website, and I was curious to see what your opinions are on this. I'd say prime Lindros was from 94-96, where he had 86 goals and 212 points in 143 games. Sid's best so far has been from 11-now, which he has 65 goals and 182 points in 119 games. Use that for current Sid.

So, that begs the question, would you rather have that Lindros or the current Crosby? Ignore any injury issues for both. Also, just for more info, the average total goals/game for Lindros's seasons was 6.04 goals/game. Crosby's was 5.35 goals/game.
    Last edited by penguins2946; 08-09-2013 at 12:14 AM.

PAUL MARTIN FOR TEAM USA?

vCash
    Lindross but your asking at Sid's low point. Prime Lindross was imposing in every part of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Lindross but your asking at Sid's low point. Prime Lindross was imposing in every part of the game.
    What do you mean "Sid's low point"? He's been his best over the last 3 years, even with the injuries. He has been just dominant. I have to take Lindros here as well, the point totals are similar, but Lindros could do so much more than just score.

vCash
    I'm obviously biased here, but I'm going with Lindros. As was already mentioned, Lindros was just physically intimidating, not to mentioned skilled. Crosby, while one of the most highly skilled players to ever play, just doesn't have that. Add on the general whiny-ness, and douchebaggery (ie the crotch punch), I'd take the Big E all day, every day.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Lindros was just as whinny and douchey as Crosby is. Remember him refusing to play for the team that drafted him? He was also dirty as hell.

I'm honestly on the fence about this. I like Lindros because he's huge and was very physical, but I like Crosby because he was better offensively and plays smarter (not skating with his head down, hockey IQ, ect). It comes down to preference, if you would rather have solely offense or less offense and more grit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Lindros was just as whinny and douchey as Crosby is. Remember him refusing to play for the team that drafted him? He was also dirty as hell.

I'm honestly on the fence about this. I like Lindros because he's huge and was very physical, but I like Crosby because he was better offensively and plays smarter (not skating with his head down, hockey IQ, ect). It comes down to preference, if you would rather have solely offense or less offense and more grit.
    I'm pretty sure he refused to play for an OHL team too at the draft. This is a really interesting question though. If we're talking peaks, I think Eric Lindros' might have been better statistics wise. However, I'm only 19 years old, watched a bit on Lindros but certainly not enough. Both have injury problems. As for your statement about skating with his head down, back to my previous point, I did not watch enough on him to know if this was a regular occurance or not.

Eh, if this is Sid's peak, it's full of injuries. Lindros' peak was with less injuries. We're not bringing that into factor though.

It's really a toss up.

vCash
    As an Avs fan, We still got the better end of the trade, but I get it its a little off topic.

I loved Lindros, like Forsberg, was physical, and a monster on the offensive end. Injuries ****ed all three of these player. I would take Lindros mostly because he was a physical specimen.

vCash
    Gretzky 6' Crosby 5 '11
    Lemiux 6'4 Lindros 6'4
    similar compaison
    Last edited by kevin13697; 08-09-2013 at 03:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Gretzky 6' Crosby 5 '11
    Lemiux 6'4 Lindros 6'4
    similar compaison
    I was not aware that comparisons are based by size

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I was not aware that comparisons are based by size
    if Lindros wasn't built like a tank he would be compared to Crosby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post

I don't think off-ice issues should be made an issue in this discussion. I'd take Lindros. The one thing Crosby can't do that Lindros could is absolutely crush people and be intimidating. I don't think some of the younger guys here realize how ridiculously good Lindros was, not that Crosby isn't, but not quite in the same way.

vCash
    Lindros he was a beast..

vCash
    there wasn't a person on the ice that could stop Lindross. He was a one of a kind player. For you younger people think Lucic but with the skill of a Malkin. This is a fantastic question and a hard one to answer but i take Lindross because I don't think there has ever been someone with his size, physical play and skill.

vCash
    I think you are combining parts of 4 seasons for Sid vs parts of 2 seasons for Eric. Doesnt really make for a level playing field. I think I could answer the question better if it was just 2 seasons for each. Sid will have the better career but if I had to pick 1 season at their exact peaks it would be tough. I still remember Eric throwing Mark Messier off him like a rag doll in the playoffs before his injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    if Lindros wasn't built like a tank he would be compared to Crosby
    No way. Lindross was the ultimate power forward. He was a goal scorer and a really good leader. Crosby is more of a play maker. I would compare Lindross to Cam Neely but better. I would say Lemieux and Gretzky are comparable players. I would take Lemieux. If Lindross stays healthy we are talking one of the best ever. He was basically Lucic but skated really well and had a killer snap shot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast