Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Blazers Add Mo Williams With A 2 Year Deal

Adrian Wojnarowski: Williams is signing a two year deal with Blazers, source tells Y!
    Adrian Wojnarowski: Williams deal will pay him $5.6 million over two years, with player option for second season.
    wojo

vCash
    kinda weird to me. this must mean CJ is going to be a SG for sure now

vCash
    I'm good with this move. Mo in a specialized role can be an asset. Plus, he can help Lillard and McCollum out as a leader and player. As for CJ, I'm sure he'll get PT at PG still. Mo tends to get injured, so the door will open at some point.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    yeah i agree. Mo as the 6th man gives us a really nice second unit

Mo/CJ/Wright/Trob/Myers

vCash
    Very impressed with this steal, 2yrs 5.6 mil for a guy who can still start in this league is great. Backcourt is very deep now, front court really needs a vet big if they're serious about playoffs

vCash
    He has been right on the verge of signing with a team for like 3 weeks. Guess he got tired of waiting for them to commit. We tried trading for him a few years ago, also wanted to sign him if I am remembering correctly. Gives us a vet G off the bench. All we had was rookies and second years until now. One hell of a steal.

Back in the Playoffs!

vCash
    i been wanting to sign Mo for years since Lebron took his talent to souith beach but i always got crap about it(not gonna name names you know who u R) looks like we are getting the players i always wanted lol
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

SUPERBOWL 48 CHAMPS
    L.O.B.

vCash
    Congrats to the Blazers franchise and it's fans, love the moves your FO has made this season, your bench is vastly improved. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryder78c View Post
    i been wanting to sign Mo for years since Lebron took his talent to souith beach but i always got crap about it(not gonna name names you know who u R) looks like we are getting the players i always wanted lol
    There's a difference between wanting Mo as a starter, and wanting him in a specialized role. In doses, Mo can be a solid contributor. As a heavy minutes guy, his deficiencies are highlighted.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    There's a difference between wanting Mo as a starter, and wanting him in a specialized role. In doses, Mo can be a solid contributor. As a heavy minutes guy, his deficiencies are highlighted.
    i wanted Mo to start when we had no true PG now that we have a PGOTF i like mo as backup but either way he brings scoring to the blazers
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

SUPERBOWL 48 CHAMPS
    L.O.B.

vCash
    Seems like a good move. CJ and Lillard can learn from Williams. And the team will benefit from having a good backup PG until CJ figures it out. This all will help keep Aldridge happy too. And I wouldn't be surprised to hear CJ works harder due to this.

vCash
    To be honest this seems like a weird move to me.. I do think we needed a vet pg to back up Lillard. Maybe I missed something but what was wrong with Maynor? I liked his contribution last year...
    save the drama for your mama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tblaze View Post
    To be honest this seems like a weird move to me.. I do think we needed a vet pg to back up Lillard. Maybe I missed something but what was wrong with Maynor? I liked his contribution last year...
    Considering Maynor signed with the Wizards I don't think he was an option. CJ is a scorer and just can't play the point (at least at this point) so we needed a PG and Mathews was our most experienced G which honestly was a problem for me.

vCash
    I was, and maybe management also, were concerned about the lack of points being scored during summer league...I mean we had practically our whole second unit and they were having issues...This gives us a legit scorer who can created his own shot or who can be a spot up shooter. Great move...

Summer league:
    Barton still isn't a good shooter.
    CJ still needs time to grow...he wasn't ready like Lillard...not the kind of person who would give you 12 points off the bench without putting up a lot of shots.
    Harris a chump

With those three playing like they did I can see management trying to get someone who can just flat out score and create. This move is the type of move that can move us up one spot in the playoffs.

I have us at 6-7 instead of 7-8.

The weird part of this is that I thought the Blazers were going to get that sixth man next summer...didn't think any could be had for the money we had left. Wow to maximizing our cap space.
    Last edited by Kao Sorn; 08-07-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    So Say We All!!!

vCash
    I don't understand why Mo Williams is so underpaid taking into account his performance in the NBA in the last years. In the last season he averaged 13 points and more than 6 assists in only a half an hour per game. He is only 30 years old so he have 3 or 4 good years ahead. Hard to believe!

Furthermore, he has signed by one team which has one of the best young PG in the league, so he is going to play as backup, unless Lillard plays as SG, that is diffucult as he only high 6-3, rather small to play as SG in the current league, which Shooting Guard average about 6-5.

Playing along with CJ.McCollum, as backup, would be nice, both of them are able to score and assist properly, and Mo Williams has already played together with other PG in the Clippers in previous seasons, but the problem here is that Lillard and Matthew are going to play more than 35 minutes per game if we consider the last season rates.

So, the question here is, if Blazers have a decent backcourt and offers a discreet contract to Mo Williams... Why has he accepted it? Aren't there any other teams interested on him? There is some weird in this case, but this isn't the first time that something similar happens: Nate Robinson, after a great season with Chicago has taken a contract like Mo Williams. Obviously, the reason is clear: their size. I think that smaller players are underrated in the NBA.
    I'm NBA fan who write from Spain so... I'm sorry for my spelling mistakes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast