Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Nba Schedule Released

vCash
    wow looking at that I would not be surprised if we went 1-7 to start the season

vCash
    really? boston's rebuilding and phoenix haven't done anything to get better. i don't buy into the hype of many of the teams that the media is getting hard-ons for. any team with a high turn-over and new coaches are completely questionable in terms of what to expect. besides, what do we care? it has been made abundantly clear in this forum that we're either tanking or suck anyway.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I was referring to our home games being denver, houston and okc with 5 road games. I don't care who you play on the road it is a tough win

vCash
    Yep, that's a blue print for a bad start. We will get a decent glimpse at what this team is gonna be about in that first stretch of games.

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    i am wary of jumping to conclusions about the team after a 10-game stretch. the flip-side of our tough schedule to start the year is getting the development of the kids off to a fast start. they'll be going up against some damn good teams from the get-go, and have some road trips early... i think the sooner a kid like burke can get used to stuff like 3-4 games a week, longer road trips than he's used to, the things off the court we probably don't notice but are new to rookies, the better. if we, as fans, can more or less ignore the record and judge the team by player development and cohesion, this season will pass a little easier. growing pains will happen, but watching players develop is almost as satisfying as winning. seeing kanter make strides, hayward take the next step, and even dwill's progression, is really exciting. hell, i'd go to esa just to watch burke.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 08-07-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Yep, that's a blue print for a bad start. We will get a decent glimpse at what this team is gonna be about in that first stretch of games.
    We should only expect a learning curve and many adjustments in the first stretch. We need patience, not fans making too much of the first month of the season.

vCash
    The interesting dichotomy unfolding for me is the fact that those who screamed the loudest for the Jazz to stop wasting time and start playing the youngsters are those who are most impatient to see the team become a title contender. Should be interesting to see how quickly they lose it. 10 games under .500? 20 games under .500?

Ty doesn't stand a chance.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    The organization fully knows we arent contending. As much as I think Corbin is the wrong guy for the job, the Jazz would have to be mental to fire him with the expectation of us making the playoffs. This will be the easiest year of Corbin's salary he will ever make. It's an arm chair job of just develop players and do your best.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    i think the pressure should be off him and on the players. i really want to see him after this year with a more complete roster and after lindsey and koc work magic again with another draft and offseason. if we decide corbin is a stop-gap for when our players become relevant, so be it. but i really don't think he's half as bad he gets credit for.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

-Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post
    The interesting dichotomy unfolding for me is the fact that those who screamed the loudest for the Jazz to stop wasting time and start playing the youngsters are those who are most impatient to see the team become a title contender. Should be interesting to see how quickly they lose it. 10 games under .500? 20 games under .500?

Ty doesn't stand a chance.
    We were never going to be a title contender by signing the likes of Al Jefferson and relying on guys like Watson, Tinsley, etc.

There are two ways to win a title in the NBA - be a big market team and get the stars to come to you. Well, we know we need to scratch that one off.

The other way is to build a great, complimentary roster through drafting and possibly by getting an exceptional draft pick. Well, we have 3 players who could become star quality depending on how they develop - (Burke, Favors and Kanter). Burks and Hayward are good complimentary players. The "exceptional player" could be B, F or K, but it could also be the guy we draft after we have a bad 2013-14 season while these young guys learn the ropes.

So anybody who thought that playing the young guys would lead to title contention immediately is just an idiot. We need to monitor improvements in decision making, turnover %, shooting %, overall chemistry, and the overall fighting spirit of the young roster. That will be more important than W's and L's. Since we won't add stars, we get better through growth.

vCash
    ^this
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

-Portman

vCash
    That's 100% correct. We are gonna be bad, record wise, in all likelihood. But there more ways of determining progress. Some guys aren't gonna pass the test and hopefully some will, but we will definitely know what we have after this season.