Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Knicks sign Jeremy Tyler to a 2 year deal

"@JaredZwerling: #Knicks announce they have signed Jeremy Tyler."

vCash
    Tyler is the next Charles Smith.
    GO NY GO NY GO

vCash
    NEW YORK, August 6, 2013 – New York Knickerbockers Executive Vice President and General Manager Glen Grunwald announced today that the team has signed free agent forward Jeremy Tyler. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Tyler, 6-10, 260-pounds, holds career averages of 3.6 points and 2.5 rebounds over 10.1 minutes in 63 games (23 starts) over two seasons with Golden State and Atlanta. He appeared in 21 games with the Warriors and Hawks last season, recording 22 total points and 20 rebounds over 68 minutes, before finishing the season with Santa Cruz of the NBA D-League.

The San Diego, CA native averaged 12.8 points and 6.4 rebounds over 17.6 minutes in five games for New York’s entry in the 2013 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, NV. He was originally selected by Charlotte in the second round (39th overall) of the 2011 NBA Draft before having his draft rights traded to Golden State. Tyler left San Diego HS, following his junior season, to play internationally with Maccabi Haifa (Israel) and Tokyo Apache (Japan) for two seasons, before becoming draft eligible.

vCash
    Good. I like having an athletic young center we can develop. Am I right that he is only 22?

vCash
    **** Yeah!!!! We always find a no name player and turn him to something special every season

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    This was a great move by the organization. Like I've said before it's like we got another 1st round pick.

vCash
    great move now we are actually building on our youth movement I like this a lot I was talking with somebody in the LeBron to knicks thread and they brought up a good point what if Tyson falls off by 2015 well here is your awnser tyler is good all we need to do is develop his game some and we might be looking at our future starting center and if he surprises us and does good this year that makes Tyson expendable

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    I like take a young big man who is only 22 years old.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    Probably won't even play. Just like how we needed Cope to play more last year and he didn't. I like the signing though.

Shump, Shump!

vCash
    I love this move! We needed to a young BIG desperately! Tyler has real potential. Has a good face up game and sweet jump shot. Needs to work on D and not fouling so much. Going to surprise a lot of people with his offensive tools...

vCash
    Hope we did a 2 year deal with team option! Tired of loosing guys after 1 year.

Hard to root for a guy to break out if you know it means he's likely leaving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Hope we did a 2 year deal with team option! Tired of loosing guys after 1 year.

Hard to root for a guy to break out if you know it means he's likely leaving.
    That has been the status quo of the Knicks the last 2 years...
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash

Knicks signed C Jeremy Tyler to a two-year contract.
    A 2011 second-round pick, Tyler has had cups of coffee in the NBA with the Warriors and Hawks. The 6'10/260-pounder played with the Knicks in Vegas this summer, averaging 12.8 points and 6.4 rebounds over 17.6 minutes. He'll be deep insurance behind Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudemire, Kenyon Martin and Earl Barron if he makes the final roster.
    rotoworld

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    rotoworld
    Good stuff... after 2 years if he breaks out we can resign him to whatever we want...

vCash
    So far the best news I heard when it comes to securing at least a big man to groom or let grow who is young.
    ― Albert Einstein
    ― Tamar Myers
    ― Michael Jordan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast