Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

How many wins will make you happy this year?

As a fan I would love the Pirates to win the Series but...
    After 20+ years of a loosing seasons I would be happy with a winning record.

vCash
    Just 15 more wins this season and I'll be happy. Any more than that is gravy.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Enough to make the playoffs, whatever that number has to be. I know after 20 straight losing season I should be happy with a winning record alone but this team is has played better than 82 wins, that would be underachieving at this point

vCash

I'm with Tomahawk it has to be enough to make the playoffs. 82 really doesn't have any meaning to me. I am actually working on an article for if they get win 82. I might actually put it up on my inactive blog. However it is certainly a much different way to look at things.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I'd only be happy with a playoff appearance. Any less would be a failure IMO. I want the Pirates to be over .500 in their last 50ish games, so I'd be shooting for 93-95 wins. If they continue on their current pace (.604), they would finish with 98 wins. That would be excellent.

PAUL MARTIN FOR TEAM USA?

vCash
    At least 1 playoff win.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    102 wins is what i am hoping for. i dont think the pirates have ever had a 100 win season .what else besides a world series win would puntuate the end of the streak

vCash
    The Pirates have an 11 game lead on a playoff spot with 51 games to go. If they simply win 20 more games (under .400 baseball) the Diamondbacks would have to play .608 baseball (98 win pace) the rest of the year to catch them. The Nationals would need to play at a 105 win pace.

The gap between them and non-playoff teams is too large right now for anything but playoffs to be acceptable.

vCash

I'm happy with 90 wins
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash

vCash
    Burgh - Wouldn't the lead be 6.5 games ahead of the Reds?
    Last edited by LetsGoPirates; 08-06-2013 at 12:21 PM.

vCash
    I entered the season just saying, once again, that the first step is .500 and playoffs would just be icing on the cake. It was hard for me to imagine them vaulting right past .500 and into the playoffs all in one fell swoop. But, at this point I will be disappointed with anything less than a playoff berth. There's no reason to just be content with .500 at this point.

Going .500 the rest of the season gets them to 91-92 wins. No one should be OK with anything less than that. I won't, however, expect much more than that.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoPirates View Post
    Burgh - Wouldn't the lead be 6.5 games ahead of the Reds?
    The Reds currently hold the 2nd wildcard. They would need to be passed by the Cards, Reds and then by two more teams from the same division (Braves and Nationals or Dodgers and Diamondbacks) in order to fall out of the playoffs.

vCash
    Good point Burg. My brain was tied in a knot. Anyway, at this point I'd like to see at least 93 wins. That puts us at .500 the rest of the way so it's attainable - I hope.

vCash
    Let's put this another way with the whole playoffs thing. If the Pittsburgh Pirates were to turn into the Houston Astros for the remainder of the season the Arizona Diamondbacks would have to play like the Texas Ranges just to catch them. If the Pirates play at a 100 loss pace for the rest of the season the Diamondbacks would have to play at a 97 win pace to catch them.

The lead the Pirates have for a playoff spot is huge (much larger than any they had last year). Bottom line if they fail to make the playoffs these last 50 games are going to have to be incredibly painful to watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast