Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Give me Warren and Huff over Hughes and CC

This is enough with Phil Hughes. He is a horrible pitcher and doesn't deserve to stay in the rotation.

It's enough with Sabathia too. Give me Warren and Huff over these two bums. Seriously, it's enough already. We need to make changes now.

vCash
    If Phelps was healthy I think Hughes would not be in this rotation. Might actually be useful in the bullpen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    If Phelps was healthy I think Hughes would not be in this rotation. Might actually be useful in the bullpen.
    He really shouldn't be in the rotation. He's horribly inconsistent and his stats are absolutely pitiful.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    As horrible as CC has been the last few starts, there is absolutely no way I'd rather have Huff out there.

vCash
    Cc is pitching hurt I truly believe. As for hughes he has been in the rotation for about 2 months to long already

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658:26825440
    As horrible as CC has been the last few starts, there is absolutely no way I'd rather have Huff out there.
    Yeah, Huff is a bit of an overreaction. He could, and should, very well perform better for a very short stretch but any substantial faith in him is a bit much.

vCash
    Regarding Hughes, is it possible to extend the QO while informing him of intentions to permanently move him to the BP as a means to discourage acceptance?

vCash
    CC had 23 walks through his first 17 starts (1.77 BB/9). While he was giving up more HR than ever before at least he was walking batters at an all-time low. However since the beginning of July he has walked 15 batters in in his last 6 starts (3.79 BB/9).

Something is up with him.

vCash
    Huff is what we got. Due to injuries and an inept farm system with lack of ML-ready talent. CC is not right and we can't proceed with him and Hughes in the rotation. Warren and Huff should take their places. Changes need to be made and it's simple as that. Either that or we're giving up on the season with those 2 in the rotation.

Anyone who has any faith in Sabathia at all must have their head stuck up their ***.

vCash
    28 year old David Huff who has a career ERA of almost 5.5? The same David Huff who has a career WHIP near 1.6 while allowing 11 hits per nine innings while he walks three batters per nine innings?

Yeah, there's no chance he's taking a roster spot from anyone in our rotation unless injuries occur. He is mediocre at his absolute very best. You're overreacting here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    CC had 23 walks through his first 17 starts (1.77 BB/9). While he was giving up more HR than ever before at least he was walking batters at an all-time low. However since the beginning of July he has walked 15 batters in in his last 6 starts (3.79 BB/9).

Something is up with him.
    Yep, he needs to be put on the DL or see if he can figure it out from the bullpen. Can't just keep running him out there and giving away games.

12. 08-04-2013, 07:02 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    What is Phil Hughes career ERA as a starter? It isn't much better I'll tell you that. Going by career ERA is a brainless method either way.
    Which is precisely why I included more of his horrendous stats, but cherry pick what you need to. Completely ignoring it, he still allows slightly over 14 men on per nine. That is horrendous.

As bad as Hughes is, his numbers across the board are noticeably better than Huff's. That alone should tell you it isn't a good idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    Regarding Hughes, is it possible to extend the QO while informing him of intentions to permanently move him to the BP as a means to discourage acceptance?
    I like this idea

ACE
    1-1
    7.50 ERA
    12.0 IP
    12 K
    1.33 WHIP

15. 08-04-2013, 07:13 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive.

vCash
    All you did was post career averages. Again, that is brainless.
    I'm basing this off of Huff's career numbers as a starter. What else would I draw from?

17. 08-04-2013, 07:22 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive.

vCash
    Well if you're basing these decisions off of career averages then I guess CC is doing just fine. He's a great guy to keep running out there because of his career numbers. Please think then post.
    Except that the difference is Sabathia is approaching 2800 innings as a starter as opposed to the sub 300 for Huff. The difference is Sabathia has 400+ starts and Huff has roughly 50. I'm willing to bet that because Sabathia has such a vast history, a bad season doesn't necessarily fall in line with his entire career. Obviously both circumstances are extremely different. We can really only judge Huff on what he has shown, which has been horrendous.

But once again I will ask, what else would we base out opinion on Huff from? His AAA numbers? Yes, that will paint a clear picture.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast