Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Rumor: Rondo still on Pistons radar after Jennings trade

via SBnation http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/8/4...andon-jennings

Don't rule out the Detroit Pistons as an interested party in acquiring Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo. Even though the Pistons picked up Milwaukee Bucks point guard Brandon Jennings in a recent trade, Rondo could still be on the radar, the Boston Globe's Gary Washburn reports.

Rondo could be on many teams' radars, and, as his torn ACL heals, the number of interested teams should grow. Detroit might remain in the conversation to work out a deal for the point guard with Jennings possibly acting as a trade chip, Washburn reports.

But because of the Celtics' rebuilding phase, there's a chance that Rondo is shipped off even though Boston general manager Danny Ainge has said otherwise. After all, Pistons general manager Joe Dumars denied both the Jennings and Rondo interest. Regarding supposed rumors that he was speaking with Milwaukee about Jennings, Dumars went as far as saying he was speaking with the Bucks' general manager John Hammond about his pet. True or not, the Pistons ended up dealing for Jennings.

And in Boston, Ainge has never denied the Celtics would at least take all calls.
    IDK...I wouldn't mind seeing a backcourt of Jennings & Rondo, albeit small. I would want to see how the Jennings experience works before flipping him for Rondo. There were rumors that Boston was willing to pull a S&T for Jennings for Rondo as well, so you never know

vCash
    Jennings, CV's expiring, Jerebko, 2 future seconds for Rondo and Humphries' expiring.

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    We wouldn't get Rondo without trading Jennings.

vCash
    They're hoping they can increase Jennings value throughout the season I think and maybe trade him near the trade deadline, I think.

vCash
    All speculation but yeah Rondo is the ultimate prize if healthy.

vCash
    Sure why not. If Rondo is healthy then maybe at the trade deadline.

vCash
    I'm against the trade for Rondo. We'd have to include Monroe, and since John Wall just basically got max, some team will offer Rondo around the same.

vCash
    If we could use the very good contract of Jennings, CV, and Stuckey's expiring, draft picks for Rondo and then not have to give up Monroe in the deal then that would be an amazing move by Dumars.

vCash
    Jennings, Moose, Stuckey for Rondo & Green

vCash
    Monroe is not going anywhere...

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    Monroe is not going anywhere...
    You're not going anywhere!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    You're not going anywhere!
    I dunno if I should be scared of your statement there or what...

#ERMAHGERD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    I dunno if I should be scared of your statement there or what...

vCash
    i think it would be very stupid for us to go after rondo at this point, i like jennings, sure rondo is better but we should just keep jennings,rondo is a headcase and that not what we need at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate lax View Post
    i think it would be very stupid for us to go after rondo at this point, i like jennings, sure rondo is better but we should just keep jennings,rondo is a headcase and that not what we need at all
    I don't see how trading for Rondo is very stupid? All star/world champion/arguably the best dimers in the league. Quite frankly, one of the best point guards in the world. I don't believe it will happen until the trade deadline if it does so we will see Rondo's progress with the injury.

I don't think he's a headcase, just really competitive, extremely loyal to his team, and takes rivalries serious.
    Last edited by DetroitBadBoy; 08-04-2013 at 11:52 PM. Reason: quick edit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast