Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Raiders Extend K Sebastian Janikowski

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 1m

Raiders announced K Sebastian Janikowski signed a 4-year extension.

OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS 2m

K Sebastian Janikowski has signed a four-year contract extension. pic.twitter.com/i2iIHIqVOO

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 14s

#Raiders announce K Sebastian Janikowski signed a 4-year extension

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-...6-409860f78bf7

The Raiders have signed kicker Sebastian Janikowski to a four-year contract extension, General Manager Reggie McKenzie announced Friday.

The Raiders have signed kicker Sebastian Janikowski to a four-year contract extension, General Manager Reggie McKenzie announced Friday.

Now in his 14th season with the Silver and Black, Janikowski is the Raiders’ all-time leading scorer with 1,318 points since entering the NFL as Oakland’s first-round draft choice (17th overall) in 2000.

The 6-foot-1, 258-pound Janikowski has played in 204 career games and has led the team in scoring in each of his 13 seasons. He owns two of the three longest field goals in NFL history, including a record-tying 63-yard effort at Denver on Sept. 12, 2011. He also kicked a 61-yard field goal at Cleveland on Dec. 27, 2009.

In 2012, Janikowksi accounted for 118 points, marking his third-straight season with more than 100 points. He was 31-for-34 on field-goal attempts on the season, with his only misses coming on 51-, 61- and 64-yarders. He became one of just nine kickers in NFL history to hit at least 91.2 percent of his field goals during a season while perfect from 49 yards or less.

Janikowski earned his first Pro Bowl selection following the 2011 campaign, when he scored 129 points and was seven-for-10 on field-goal attempts of more than 50 yards. In 2010, Janikowski set the Raiders franchise record with 142 points, hitting 33-of-41 field-goal attempts and going a perfect 43-for-43 on PATs.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 34s

RT @BairCSN:Per league source, Contract terms for Janikowski: 4 years, just under $19million total. $8 million guarantees over first 2 years
    Last edited by HunterNRoss; 08-02-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    What are the numbers? . This guy is a diffrance maker I just hope how we didn't way overpay. If anyone deserves a contract it's jano. I just hope numbers arnt off the charts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    What are the numbers? . This guy is a diffrance maker I just hope how we didn't way overpay. If anyone deserves a contract it's jano. I just hope numbers arnt off the charts.
    Havent been released yet. As soon as I see them ill post them.

-----------------
    Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 2m

Janikowski is the Raiders’ all-time leading scorer with 1,318 points.
    -----
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    very nice ,,, need to get me a sea Bass Jersey !

vCash
    Worthy of his contract and glad we did this. I can never understand why we did not do the same with the greatest punter state wise of all time with Shane L and feel it was a very silly mistake to do so.
    Last edited by Raider_Vet; 08-02-2013 at 03:37 PM.

vCash
    @ChrisHansenNFL Seabass remains highest-paid kicker with avg salary of $4.75M. He now makes $1.3M per year more than next highest paid kicker.

vCash
    deserves every penny even if he is only a kicker. he proved that when we played the Texans two seasons ago and he won the game for the Raiders with 15 points

vCash
    Nice. This should have him retiring as a Raider, as he should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidergonnaraid View Post
    @ChrisHansenNFL Seabass remains highest-paid kicker with avg salary of $4.75M. He now makes $1.3M per year more than next highest paid kicker.
    Regardless of his performance, that is too much and the disparity in pay vs other kickers is too wide. It's great to have him but I find it surprising and uncharacteristic of RM. Having substantial future cap space isn't justification to allocate it unwisely. I sincerely doubt it will be...I'm just saying allocation of that number to a kicker is hard to justify. Again, by no means am I slighting Janikowski.

vCash
    Yeah baby way to go Seabass you deserve every penny ,and then some . Happy you'll be a Raider for life congratulations big boy .

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    Worthy of his contract and glad we did this. I can never understand why we did not do the same with the greatest punter state wise of all time with Shane L and feel it was a very silly mistake to do so.
    Only because King looks like he has a lot of talent as a punter believe me if there were another kicker making 63 yard F.G. with the kind of consistency of Seabass he would be gone to.
    That is why we made no mistake in giving him this new contract talent like that doesn't grow on trees ,and he is by far the best kicker in the game.

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

vCash
    Congrats to Janikowski, sir, you have earned every penny that you have been paid. It's also nice to see that this may make him a career Raider.

It is a damned shame though that we wasted this resource being so uncompetitive for the last ten years.....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidergonnaraid View Post
    The Raiders have holes on both sides of the ball, but there's zero concern over Oakland's kicker.

Sebastian Janikowski on Friday signed a new five-year deal with the franchise that picked him 17th overall in the 2000 NFL Draft, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported, per a source involved in the negotiations. The team later announced the move.

The contract is worth just under $19 million, with an average of $3.8 million per year, according to Rapoport. The deal includes $8 million in guarantees over the first two years and will ensure that Janikowski continues as the highest-paid kicker or punter in the league.

Janikowski turned 35 in March, but he's a solid bet to play for seasons to come. Entering his 14th campaign with Oakland, the hulking 6-foot-1, 258-pound kicker already stands as the team's all-time leading scorer with 1,318 points.

The Seabass won hearts (at least in Oakland) with his booming, league record-tying 63-yard field goal against the Denver Broncos on Sept. 12, 2011. Janikowski also booted a 61-yarder against the Cleveland Browns back on Dec. 27, 2009. He's led the Raiders in scoring in each of his 13 seasons.

Janikowski shows little sign of slowing down. There were plenty of giggles and taunts when Al Davis made a kicker his top pick so many Aprils ago. It was an unorthodox move, no doubt, but Janikowski persevered. And today, the glorious Seabass got paid.

vCash
    McKenzie needs to concentrate on the end zone and extra points, when your kicker leads in points you`re not in a good place. Gary Anderson is wishing he was currently playing, guess he`d be making 6 million a year.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    So my understanding is that it's a 5 year deal so sebas is actually taking a small paycut per year to extend him for 5 years. A little overpayed but sebas gave us 2 wins last year just by kicking it. He's a proven guy and a great weapon for this team.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast