Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Game Thread Home stand Vs Cardinals, Athletics, & Padres

St. Louis Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Reds
    Friday, August 2, 7:10 PM EDT, Great American Ball Park

Shelby Miller 10-7 (2.79 ERA) VS Bronson Arroyo 9-8 (3.26 ERA)

Saturday, August 3, 7:10 PM EDT, Great American Ball Park

Jake Westbrook 7-5 (3.18 ERA) VS Tony Cingrani 4-1 (2.90 ERA)

Sunday, August 4, 1:10 PM EDT, Great American Ball Park

Lance Lynn 12-5 (3.87 ERA) VS Mike Leake 10-4 (2.59 ERA)

vCash
    A huge Weekend series with the Cardinals we can close in on the 1st wild card spot with a sweep. Winning the series would be great we have to win these games at home if we want a chance to win the division.

vCash
    Following a 14-13 July where they were at home for only nine games, the Reds play at Great American Ball Park for 31 of their final 53 games. There are still 10 games left against St. Louis and six games left with Pittsburgh. And in the Wild Card picture, four games left against Arizona.

With the exception of three games at Colorado, all of Cincinnati's remaining road trips are in either the Eastern or Central time zones. And 28 games are against teams currently with below-.500 records.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...21152&c_id=cin

vCash
    This weekend should set the tone for the final two months. Winning the series gives me hope that the team can do something in the playoffs. Losing the series makes me believe that we'll falter in the Wild Card round if we even get one of the two spots.

vCash
    13-3... yep.

vCash
    On one hand, this is only one game. The Cards are coming off a horrific week and was due to put things together. I seen Bronson get some pitches up, but dang they were reaching clear out of the strikezone smacking doubles. What do you do? No way was we wining that game..

On the other hand.... We are not very good. Unfortunately I guess we are waiting on Luddy to come back and get us on the right track. That's a lot of wishing... As soon as I see Fraizer or Cozart get up to bat, I find something else to do.
    Last edited by dogdaddy; 08-03-2013 at 07:18 AM.

vCash
    The scary thing is that Arizona is creeping up on the Reds for that 2nd Wildcard spot. They are only 3.5 back of the Reds and they have a 4 game series at GABP in a couple weeks. Like I said a month ago this team has too many tough opponents left and they don't play well against good teams. I'm starting to doubt whether they will even make the playoffs. The Reds are 24-29 since June 1st, that's over 2 months of bad baseball and things are not getting any easier. It's getting to the point that this team not only has to turn it around, but they have to start playing exceptionally well. Outside of the hope that somehow Ludwick can provide some sort of amazing spark for this team I see no reason to believe that they can even play .500 ball the rest of the way. Hope I'm wrong and I'm definitely not rooting for any of that to happen, but the writing is there on the wall.

vCash
    Im with ya Sparks. Its about just getting to the playoffs. Whoever gets hot in the playoffs... Wins! So Im not caught up in having the perfect lineup or any of that. Its about who gets there. Its like this team needs a dramatic come back victory to get them going. We need a "Johnny Gomes" type player to spark us and maybe Luddy is the guy. Lets hope so.

vCash
    Last nights game was embarrassing

vCash
    Last night was terrible But if we can get the next two, it'll just be looked at as one bad game. The problem is getting the next two. With the way the team has been playing, I'd be happy if we could get one.

I don't think Ludwick will cure all on the field, but his presence in the locker room will definitely help things out.

vCash
    Well they got 1 win. Come on Mike Leake lets get game 3.

vCash
    ill be at the game today. Should be a fun day. Go Reds.

vCash
    Time to play the A's now. I hope this homestand doesn't get out of control.

Reality of what this might be is starting to set in.

vCash

vCash
    nice couple of wins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast