Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should Trout have a shot at the AL MVP?

Trout is currently leading the AL in WAR once again currently at 6.7

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...rs=0&sort=21,d

Last yr Trout came in 2nd in mvp voting despite his league leading 10.0 WAR. The award went to triple crown winner Miguel Cabrera who was third in the AL with a war of 6.8. Cabrera's team also made the playoffs, though the Angels had a better record than the Tigers.

This yr Cabrera is leading the AL in avg, tied for the lead in RBI's w/ Davis, and 2nd to Davis in HR.

Assuming the Tigers and Orioles both stay in the playoff hunt and Cabrera/Davis split the triple crown categories, does Trout have a shot at the MVP? will leading the league in WAR be more valued this season? will the Angels' poor season turn off voters?
    Last edited by floater; 08-02-2013 at 01:04 PM.

vCash
    Does he have a shot? Sure he does.

vCash
    He has no shot sadly. He barly had a shot last season.

vCash
    Very, very small.

Team won't make the play-offs and if Davis and Cabrera's teams do, and they finish with strong offensive numbers, Trout won't have a shot.

baseball

vCash
    The only way he has a shot......

1. Miggy not only needs to struggle but miss time because of injuries.
    2. The Tigers need to miss the playoffs.
    3. Chris Davis needs to keep struggling.

vCash
    He should but wont. If Davis finishes with an absurd amount of HRs like 55+ then i doubt it. And Miggy's season is ridiculous. He is the most VALUABLE player by far becuase of his base running and defense plus incredible offense numbers. Yet, at this rate, the writers are not accustomed to sabermatics. They will still vote for HRs and vastly overrated RBIs

vCash
    Yes if the Angels have a better record

vCash
    He isn't going to win unless he over-whelmingly leads everyone else.

But he did last year. His recipe to win this year is less likely.

Angels are even worse, and he has less of a lead on other players.

If he didn't win last year, no way he wins this year unless he blows everyone away significantly the last two months of the season.
    Adam Wainwright
    Cards Sig Game

4-1 (5 starts), 37.0 IP, 8.51 K/9, 2.19 BB/9, 1.46 ERA, 2.22 FIP, 42 -ERA, 61 -FIP

vCash
    Trout is having a big season sure, but the Angels suck bad. Why would he be most valueable player when his team has no value? It would be a travesty if Miguel Cabrera doesnt win it.

vCash
    Definitely has a shot but at this point it's Miggy's to lose. He'd be my vote but its very close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carlthack View Post
    Trout is having a big season sure, but the Angels suck bad. Why would he be most valueable player when his team has no value? It would be a travesty if Miguel Cabrera doesnt win it.
    So we should disregard one players value because his team sucks? A player brings value to his team nomatter if they are first in their division or last... The best player brings the most value and trout is that. He has no shot at winning because most voters think the way you do and its sad. Its close this year to where I am ok with Cabby winning it

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carlthack View Post
    Not Trout's fault the Angel's can't pitch.

baseball

vCash
    nope,voters for some reason care about team success in their mvp criteria now

vCash
    He has no shot. Sorry. I love him as a player, but no, not this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    So we should disregard one players value because his team sucks? A player brings value to his team nomatter if they are first in their division or last... The best player brings the most value and trout is that. He has no shot at winning because most voters think the way you do and its sad. Its close this year to where I am ok with Cabby winning it
    If Trout was the ONLY american league player having a big season then I can see your point, but he's not. Only one player can win it. Its just not his year bro.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast