Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Patriots forum player-poster nominations

You guys know the deal. You need two nominations for it to become official.

Bags is Belichick obviously.

PF56 is Jerod Mayo.

BITM is Gronk. Elite, but isn't around as much as he used to

And Austeezy as either Chandler Jones or Aqib Talib because of what he brought to the table here last year.

vCash
    Bags is definitely BB. If BITM is Gronk, which is funny and true, then it makes sense to nominate B's as PSD's Tom Brady.

I nominate hugepatsfan as PSD's Devin McCourty. Being Chung last year, you deserve a huge upgrade man.
    I nominate Subroc as PSD's Danny Amendola (lol)

I'm willing to nominate more posters and new posters as long as you guys stay active during the regular season. There is a lot of talent on this roster so it's not like you'll be getting some bum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I dropped my phone in the toilet last night which ruined my week. If that makes you feel better.
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

vCash
    I second Austeezy as Aqib Talib, reason I pick him over Chandler Jones is that Jones was a bit inconsistent and on and off impactful last year. I felt Talib on the other hand made more sense because he was added last year like Jones but his contributions helped bring the defense to another level and appear to be on the brink of reaching it's potential just as Austeezy's contributions have helped bring the forum to another level and reach it's potential for insightful discussion. I would also be ok with Hightower for Austeezy for essentially the same reasons as Talib.

I also second HPF as Devin McCourty as I feel McCourty is a bit underappreciated these days for the type of elite and impactful player he is and will continue to be. HPF's in depth analysis is also taken for granted I feel since we've all become accustomed to it. McCourty is a very good nomination for him.

I also second B's as Brady, Brady is the undoubted leader of the team and although he is coached under the watchful eye of Belichick, Brady is still the one who makes the plays and makes the team successful. And although B's is under the watchful eye of Bags (see what I did there), B's is the one who makes this forum go and is always the most active. He also helps bring along the new guys and keeps everyone following the "Patriots Forum Way" (see what I did there again). Realistically Brady should always be the forum's head moderator.

I'm gonna disagree on Subroc. I don't think a new guy, while he will be a critical part of our offense is accurate. Subroc is a reliable, thoughtful poster who has been around a while and for that reason I would like to nominate him as Vince Wilfork.

Edit: Changed Subroc to Wilfork because I'd also like to nominate Agar to stay as Mankins. I forgot he was already Mankins and it's a very accurate player for him for similar reasons to Subroc.

I'll also nominate Lobster to stay as Brandon Spikes because while I feel he's a good poster I can never get a read on the guy, haha.
    Last edited by mooz; 08-02-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

vCash
    Also, I wouldn't mind being nominated as someone. Last year I had nominations for like 4 different people and although I liked all the ideas (Scar, Casserio, Patricia, McDaniels) because they were outside the box, I don't think any of them were seconded. And I think one (McDaniels) was actually nominated for someone else.

-mooz

vCash
    I second agar as Mankins
    I'll go for Josh McDaniels for mooz

I'd take nomination
    Pref: Vereen or Collins

vCash
    chuckling

clearly an Amedola nomination is worth a chuckle

I decline any nomination as a player poster.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    I second agar as Mankins
    I'll go for Josh McDaniels for mooz

I'd take nomination
    Pref: Vereen or Collins
    I'm gonna nominate you as Vereen because I feel it's accurate but I hope people don't start nominating themselves as people. It's supposed to be on the other posters to find a good comparison.

And this goes for my nomination too, I'm not saying anyone has to nominate me as anyone, I just mentioned those non-players because I didn't want people to feel that it's only confined to players. We can nominate people as anyone in the organization.

-mooz

vCash
    I'd like to nominate PSK as Matthew Slater. Slater is an indispensable part of the team, a captain, and does a lot of great work behind the scenes. He's also one of BB's favorite and most trusted players, and is often chosen by BB to address the team during critical situations (such as AH). PSK is one of the best posters around here, and often does a lot of excellent analytical and statistical work (similar to Slater's work behind the scenes).

Second Mooz as McDaniels too, a coach fits him better than a player due to his expertise and being the longest tenured member of the forum.

Edit: Also second lolollort as Vereen and Lobster as Spikes. I will also gladly retain Mankins.
    Last edited by Agar81; 08-02-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    I have been mostly absent for the past year + due to family problems and don't know how much I will be able to contribute to the forum in the near future. Therefore if you choose not to nominate me for anything it is ok .
    A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' with the amount up to, and sometimes including, their life.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Thanks guys
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    I def accept the Gronk nomination. I'll try and post more often as long as Gronk decides to play more games
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickr View Post
    I have been mostly absent for the past year + due to family problems and don't know how much I will be able to contribute to the forum in the near future. Therefore if you choose not to nominate me for anything it is ok .
    You're still one of the best contributors to the forum- I renominate you as VW.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agar81 View Post
    You're still one of the best contributors to the forum- I renominate you as VW.
    Seconded. I'll also nominate PSK as Chandler Jones.

vCash
    Second PSK as C Jones

And def accepting Shane Vereen

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    Hey now

#BostonStrong

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast