Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Giving up Stassi looks to be a mistake

Unless this guy is juicing, he's hitting homeruns at an absurd rate now. In sixty games he now has 16 doubles, 15 homers and has a .284 average at AA.

vCash
    Um you know we got Lowrie who has been one of our top 3 players on the team right? You don't just get to say hey I want Lowrie and you don't get anyone he's mine. This isn't a dictatorship. You have to give up things to get things.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Uhhh, do you actually know how to read and comprehend what you read or are you this dense? This thread wasn't about Lowrie. It was about Stassi. Also, catchers who are great defensively and can hit 20 homers in the majors are worth a lot more than a guy like Lowrie who is basically a 12 HR, .260 hitter who gets hurt a lot. You sound like a typical Beane butt kisser who refuses to acknowledge that Beane has made a ton of mistakes the past 5 to 6 years.

The Jaso trade was a complete screw up. Giving up Cole who is one of the better pitching prospects in the minors for a clown who isn't even producing much.
    Last edited by itsmillertime; 08-01-2013 at 02:31 PM.

vCash
    Are you really having a hissy fit when his reply was legitimate and on point? Lowry has been pretty damn good and we needed infield help, let me know when stassi does something in the majors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
    Uhhh, do you actually know how to read and comprehend what you read or are you this dense? This thread wasn't about Lowrie. It was about Stassi. Also, catchers who are great defensively and can hit 20 homers in the majors are worth a lot more than a guy like Lowrie who is basically a 12 HR, .260 hitter who gets hurt a lot. You sound like a typical Beane butt kisser who refuses to acknowledge that Beane has made a ton of mistakes the past 5 to 6 years.

The Jaso trade was a complete screw up. Giving up Cole who is one of the better pitching prospects in the minors for a clown who isn't even producing much.
    They required stassi. REQUIRED HIM. Stassi is not going to hit 20 hr's in a season at the MLB level. Jaso has been one heck of a platoon catcher too. I agree Cole might have been slight over kill. That said without Jaso and Lowrie we arent in first place. So you'd be banking on being in 1st place with Cole and Stassi minimum 4 years from now. We needed to upgrade some spots preseason and did it.

Easy with the insults
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Both Lowrie and Jaso are pretty productive players. You have to give up talent to get talent. I think we did pretty well in those trades. Jaso doesn't hit for a lot of power, but his on base percentage is fantastic. Lowrie's injury issues were of the fluky variety and has yet to hit the DL this season. Only 3 SS in baseball have put up better offensive numbers than Lowrie. As for Beane making mistakes....I can't think of any glaring mistakes outside of trading Cargo. I mean...he's in line to win his second division title in a row.

vCash
    20 HR's at the AA level doesn't translate to **** in the majors. Plus LOWRIE has been great for us. Love that trade, as should most all A's fans.

And Jaso has been solid for us this year. He has been a very good platoon catcher with Norris over the year.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    It's a little premature to be calling the move a mistake when Stassi is in AA. You'd have to wait until he starts doing this in the majors to talk like that.

vCash
    geez whats with all this negativity...
    didnt used to be like this.

vCash
    It's not negativity. It's just be realistic. Beane tends to go after guys with a .350+ OBP and he doesn't care if they don't hit for average, get hurt a lot or don't have much power. IMO, he gave up way too much to acquire Lowrie and Jaso. Yes, the team is in first. Yes, they have a chance to win a title. However, Stassi and Cole right now are 2 of the better prospects in the minors at their position. IMO, they were dumb trades. Not because of the players they got but because what he gave up.

vCash
    Is there something wrong with getting a player with a good OBP? If that's what the market undervalues, then that's what you should be buying. We had two major holes after last season, Catcher, and SS. He has filled those holes admirably, and likely aren't in first place otherwise. Beane paid a fair price and IMO, clearly won the Lowrie trade, and perhaps slightly overpaid for Jaso. Some scouts however, see Coles future as a reliever.

And fyi, Stassi was known for being injury prone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    Are you really having a hissy fit when his reply was legitimate and on point? Lowry has been pretty damn good and we needed infield help, let me know when stassi does something in the majors
    It's irrelevant how Stassi does in the majors. That fact of the matter is we got what we needed in Lowrie and a good reliever in Fernandez, who could also start. I wanted Lowrie since his days in Boston. He's also been one of our best players who is contributing NOW.

Remember to post a new thread when Peacock pitches back-to-back good games or if Carter goes on a 5-gm hitting streak too.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Btw, Lowrie went 4 for 4 today, his 14th 3-hit game of the season.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post

Yeah, i am kind of surprised he has stayed off the DL this long, I'm kind of expecting him to get hurt soon lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    It's irrelevant how Stassi does in the majors. That fact of the matter is we got what we needed in Lowrie and a good reliever in Fernandez, who could also start. I wanted Lowrie since his days in Boston. He's also been one of our best players who is contributing NOW.

Remember to post a new thread when Peacock pitches back-to-back good games or if Carter goes on a 5-gm hitting streak too.
    More or less this offesnse from a game to game basis has been some variation of Coco gets on, lowerie hits him to 3rd, Donaldson hits him home. And every now and again Cespedes hits a Home Run.

Lowerie has been the 2nd most impotant hitter on this team so far with the way Cespedes and Reddick have slumped (lol reddick). Though Cespedes has been batling an awful Babip, once he gets his average up to something respectible everything else will come with it. (OBP, Slug%, wRC+, wOBA) etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast