Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Trade Deadline Thread

Fresh new thread for the day. All the generic news/discussion in here. If a deal involving the Red Sox gets close we will break open a new thread for that.

Right now the only real rumor with any legs under it is that they might have interest in Michael Young, and he might wave his NTC for us if Texas doesn't try to acquire him.

vCash
    Can't believe the day we get Stanton has finally come. #WeMadeIt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Can't believe the day we get Stanton has finally come. #WeMadeIt

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 35s
    Source: Michael Young changes mind, willing to waive no-trade clause for #RedSox. Only was willing to go to #Rangers yesterday.
    I think the percent of him coming to Boston has gone up quite a bit now.

vCash
    What is the point of getting Michael Young? Middlebrooks is arguably better and if all else fails you have Bogaerts here in a month.
    Last edited by Nomar; 07-31-2013 at 11:37 AM.

vCash
    I'd only take Young if the price is next to nothing. But it won't be...that's why I cross my fingers that nothing gets done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    What is the point of getting Michael Young? Middlebrooks is arguably better and if all else fails you have Bogaerts here in a month.
    My thought line runs a little different but ends in the same place. I want WMB up to play 3B SO THAT Bogaerts can play 3B every day and come up to MLB in a month. I'm sure they could manage around it without making this move but it seems much simpler this way.

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Michael Young is willing to waive his no-trade clause to go to the Red Sox.

We heard yesterday that Young was only willing to return to the Rangers, but he has apparently had a change of heart. The Phillies are motivated to give Cody Asche a chance at their starting third base job, so a deal could come together quickly.

vCash
    I predict a deal will be made at end of the day or after the RS game like Peavy

vCash
    Oh, yeah, one more thought. I've been expressing my general discontent with Buchholz for a while now. This may be a move better served in the offseason but what would you think about using HIM as a big name in a deal for Stanton?

Buchholz, Barnes, Cecchini, Brentz, and a C spec somewhere?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Trade deadline is at 4pm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    I think the deadline is 4PM EST

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Oh, yeah, one more thought. I've been expressing my general discontent with Buchholz for a while now. This may be a move better served in the offseason but what would you think about using HIM as a big name in a deal for Stanton?

Buchholz, Barnes, Cecchini, Brentz, and a C spec somewhere?
    Rather do Buchholz, Webster (as you'd probably guess based on what ive said on Webster), Cecchini, Brentz, but if they were interested in Buchholz i wholeheartedly agree. I know they like Doubront as well, but I'd rather sell Buchholz.

I know people love Cecchini, but if we were ever going to trade him, now isn't a bad time to do so. Stanton is a likely HOFer at Fenway especially IMO.

This is all not to mention that he would make us the WS favorites this year.
    Last edited by Nomar; 07-31-2013 at 11:55 AM.

vCash
    ^^ And Stanton+Bogaerts for at least three years would be like playing with my Woody (doll).

vCash
    Cafardo reports that we're in the hunt for Gregerson. Pittsburgh after him as well...

Source: MLBTR

I like Gregerson, but I am somewhat cautious regarding SD pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    ^^ And Stanton+Bogaerts for at least three years would be like playing with my Woody (doll).
    "doll"

Anyway... agreed.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast