Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Angels "hopeful" of landing Dbacks Ian Kennedy

Steve Granado ‏@SteveGranado 4m
    #Angels "hopeful" of landing #Dbacks Ian Kennedy (per @Ken_Rosenthal and @JonHeymanCBS)
    https://twitter.com/SteveGranado

vCash
    Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 3m
    Cubs may also be a destination for Ian Kennedy -- along with the Padres/Angels, as @SteveGilbertMLB. But probably won't happen with SD.
    https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN

vCash
    Why?

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/on-...g-ian-kennedy/

You have to squint pretty hard to see good news for Kennedy. His BABIP is a tiny bit above his career average, but certainly doesn’t smack of bad luck at .298. His 67% strand rate isn’t particularly good and could creep up towards his career rate of 74% given some good fortune. His HR/FB is uncharacteristically high. But I’m not sure these things come close to mitigating what appears to be a train on the brink of derailment.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Kennedy hasn't had great year, but he's cheap, #Angels scouts like him & he doesn't figure to cost Howie. #Dbacks looking to clear $ for SP.
    He's not great, but I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him if it doesn't take much to get him. Plus he won't cost us much money.

vCash
    If he doesn't cost Kendrick or Aybar, or anyone major, then okay.

That's not to say I'm particularly fond of Kendrick or Aybar, I'd just like to see them shipped for someone better.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    I think it's a terrible deal... He is having an awful year and trending in the wrong direction from a lucky 2011. I'd much rather package a deal similar to what Boston did last year (3 solid players and also 1 massive contract like Hamilton) for a heap of high level prospects.

I'd imagine doing a package of Frieri, Callaspo, Kendrick and Hamilton- that could net us some very high level prospects and pitchers in return. I'm not sure which fringe contender would be willing to spend the money and prospects to go all in, but it's plausible.

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    normally good deal. but i dont like angel scouts. anything angles touch they ruin. or already is done

vCash
    Actually I was going to propose this trade in the offseason but right now it would be great as long we don't trade any top propects

The Future is NOW!

vCash
    Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez 1m
    Lack of trade assets hurting #Angels. RT @SteveGilbertMLB: #Dbacks nearing deal with Padres for Kennedy that would invoke LHP Joe Thatcher.
    https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez

vCash
    @JimBowdenESPNxm: confirming report that the Diamondbacks and Padres have completed the Kennedy- Thatcher/Stites/Plus deal
    __________________________________._________