Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trading Deadline 7/31 4 PM

Going into the Nationals series the Mets were 20-13 going back to 6/18 and the team was apt to stand pat as the trading deadline draws close. After losing 3 of the 4 does this change the mind set?

vCash
    I always thought they were sellers or standing pat regardless.

Even in that stretch and before the 3 game losing streak, they were 11.5 games out of the division and 11 games out of the second WC.

This team competing for a playoff spot this year was just getting caught up in their more recent play. Trade Byrd if someone overpays.

Right now i am looking forward to the September callups.

vCash
    Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 2m
    #Mets hoped for calls on Murphy/Buck/Young Jr. Nothing so far. So plan is just try to win as much as possible in 2d half with this group

vCash
    Murphy/Buck I can understand (as well as Byrd, Gee, Parnell, Latroy)...but why trade EYjr?

I like Murphy, but I think that he's progressed as much as he's going to as a Met...we have other options at 2nd now than we did before...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    Murphy/Buck I can understand (as well as Byrd, Gee, Parnell, Latroy)...but why trade EYjr?

I like Murphy, but I think that he's progressed as much as he's going to as a Met...we have other options at 2nd now than we did before...
    EYJ probably doesn't really fit into the plans for next year. His bat translates more to 2B than LF, but he's not a real second baseman. The only thing he adds is speed at the top of the order, but I think they'll target that in FA over the winter.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    EYJ probably doesn't really fit into the plans for next year. His bat translates more to 2B than LF, but he's not a real second baseman. The only thing he adds is speed at the top of the order, but I think they'll target that in FA over the winter.
    it's not like they have a "real" 2nd baseman available (Murphy/Flores are bats attempting to play 2nd; Turner is a 2nd baseman but isn't a starter at the MLB level)...and while EY isn't ideal, do they go back to having no leadoff type of hitter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 2m
    #Mets hoped for calls on Murphy/Buck/Young Jr. Nothing so far. So plan is just try to win as much as possible in 2d half with this group
    Oh yeah? Have fun with that. LOL!!!
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    by the way...4 PM deadline? I thought that it was Midnight PST...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Oh yeah? Have fun with that. LOL!!!
    it didn't say "expecting to win"...it said "trying to win"...Trying is more important than results...

vCash
    Regardless of what happened in the Nats series, Byrd needs to go, keep the pen intact unless someone is willing to overpay on a guy like Rice, Aardsma, or Hawkins. Also see if you could get something for someone like Satin. Otherwise, stand pat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Adam RubinVerified account
    ‏@AdamRubinESPN
    One AL club said the #Mets told them NY would have to "win" the deal in order to trade Marlon Byrd before Wednesday's deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Adam RubinVerified account
    ‏@AdamRubinESPN
    One AL club said the #Mets told them NY would have to "win" the deal in order to trade Marlon Byrd before Wednesday's deadline.
    Lol he's not going anywhere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    it's not like they have a "real" 2nd baseman available (Murphy/Flores are bats attempting to play 2nd; Turner is a 2nd baseman but isn't a starter at the MLB level)...and while EY isn't ideal, do they go back to having no leadoff type of hitter?
    Murphy isn't an option IMO, but if we're looking at Flores or Young at 2B, I'll take Flores's bat every day of the week. They can always go after Ellsbury or another speed guy for the leadoff spot.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    We want a Wheeler for Byrd lol

vCash

Trading Deadline 7/31 4 PM

we will be seeing alot of bogaerts .. as a phillie
    #oneatatime

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast