Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

How To Fix the Game?

Call me a new age person, but I feel that my interest in baseball has gone down big time. A lot of it is because the game is too slow to me. I went to a Jays and Marlins game in my life. I saw both games as pitchers duels between Chris Volstad and Stephen Strasburg in the Marlins game (last game at their old park) and Brandon Marrow vs Ramirez on the Mariners. Both ugly scores and slow games. What can we do to speed up the game? Expanded replay sounds like it will slow down the game, but I feel it is necessary. I also feel that offense is better for the game. Many people hate the DH, but I think it is important to implement it since it helps protect pitchers from getting hurt and can help on the offensive side (pitcher vs traditional hitter in game). Sure offense makes the games longer, but the game is boring without it. So my point is that we need to speed up the game somehow by reducing the time given to players, the amount of warm up pitches, etc.
    Last edited by Wade n Fade; 07-29-2013 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    Offense slows the game down more, so I'm not sure what your point is.

vCash
    So add offense to speed it up? Brilliant

vCash
    0-2 on threads OP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Call me a new age person, but I feel that my interest in baseball has gone down big time. A lot of it is because the game is too slow to me.
    This is a common complaint from people who like sports but don't like baseball, but it's the nature of the sport, and it's not going to (and it shouldn't) change. Maybe you're just not a big fan of the sport.
    鈴木一郎

<a href=http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43695&dateline=1394044691] target=_blank>http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ne=1394044691]</a>

vCash
    We should just have 1 inning games with 9 outs. Each batter can only bat once. No team can bat around. Only one pitcher can pitch unless there is injury. Every team can only have one bench player who is super utility guy that can play every position on the field. Every 7 minutes, if there is a runner on base he can advance to the next base on a free pass. If the runner is on third the pitcher must throw the ball to the CFer and the CFer must throw the ball home to get the runner out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash
    Why fix something that isn't broken?

Baseball is awesome right now IMO

NT of the Future

vCash
    Yeah I really enjoy baseball right now.

vCash
    Lets not remove strategy from the game....the DH takes away strategy
    The real 99% are idiots and sheep when you post give me a reason to believe you are part of the 1%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    This is going to go well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    Yep, we all want to see automatic outs and pitchers making a fool of themselves. It's always great when a pitcher get a hit or even a HR so we can clap and laugh at the spectacle like a show at the circus.

vCash
    Congrats you're not a baseball plan. Please return to the NBA forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Yep, we all want to see automatic outs and pitchers making a fool of themselves. It's always great when a pitcher get a hit or even a HR so we can clap and laugh at the spectacle like a show at the circus.
    Yep, we all want to see fat & old players attempt to run bases making a fool of themselves. It's always great to see guys wind down their careers being the laziest player on their team.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Zach Grienke and Clayton Kershaw say hi.

vCash
    Baseball is a slower game than most north american team sports. It isn't for everyone. That doesn't mean it needs to be fixed though. It just means that it might not be for you. There is no need to turn this into yet another DH/no DH debate.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast