Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Question 2013 offseason you expected?

Been a wild ride so far. Not what I had planned for all the cap we had or still have. At the very least I figured Kohl would of over paid Josh Smith and Ellis. Then went after Devin Harris. Shocked we amnestied Gooden. I am shocked we landed Mayo though. We did land Ridnour which was rumored way before the draft. Also wasn't shocked we traded Moute. He wasn't happy a few years back when we matched Denver's offer sheet. Plus we still have Jennings to deal with yet. Either keep him or deal him. Free agent pool thinned out big time now. Pek and Jennings and Mo Williams last of the big name free agents. Well and Mike Miller but he isn't the same. Also didn't expect the draft outcome either. I figured we would of had Schroeder at the very least. Jury is out on Giannis yet since he's only 18.

vCash
    Miller signed with the Grizzlies. I'm still surprised we didn't land Teague. I hate Atlanta's FO so much. First the trade deadline fiasco and now screwing us in free agency.
    Young Guns

vCash
    Doubt there ever will be trade ideas between Hawks/Bucks here on out. lol

vCash
    I knew it would be wild and it hasn't disappointed on that side of things. I also Knew jennings was going to be an issue, but thought it would be over by now. I am disappointed that we've made it this far and still don't have a starting SF or PG. We may be able to play well with only 1 of the 2, but not without either. Perhaps we'll be fighting for lottery positioning after all. I don't see that happening unless Henson has a season ending injury right out of the gate. I think he will be our next All Star in 2014/2015, providing he doesn't have the a fore mentioned injury, as well as our cornerstone for the future.

vCash
    Henson will be our next Vin Baker but Skinnier. Probably a better rebounder than Baker as well.

vCash
    I'm glad we didn't overpay for Ellis or Jennings (yet). We didn't get any better but I think that the teams future looks a little better, not much.

John Henson won't average 20 pts a game ever. He offense is improving but not to that level. I think he will be somewhere around 8-10 pts and 6-8 rbs a game this year and has the potential to be a 15 and 11 guy with 2 blocks a game.
    Last edited by jay87shot; 07-29-2013 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    Hoping for some lucky lottery balls, then we'll have our man come next July.

vCash
    It's been a strange offseason. I wouldn't say I could have predicted all or really any of the moves, but none are really too surprising. We are keeping ourselves in that weird 7-10 seed limbo. As they say on the d-list, we are basically rearranging deck chairs in the titanic, or same crap different pile type of stuff.

I will say the one major thing I've liked about this offseason is that we haven't handicapped ourselves with too many bad, long term deals. In theory, we will have money to spend again in a couple years. Ridinour is a ine year guy. Neal and delfino are 2 yr deals I believe. Zaza's 3 year deal doesn't look good, but in all honesty, if he can at least be serviceable, it might be a tradeable asset since teams are constantly looking for bigs. Maybe it'll be a use him to take on a "bad" deal and get a pick or young asset in return.

One of the things Hammond has don well in his tenure is get rid of failed experiments quickly. We tried salmons, maggette, s-jax and others, but have been able to get out of those deals fairly easily. He appears to have set himself up to do that again if any of these deals don't work out.

vCash
    I haven't been this excited about something so potentially bad since "Miami Vice" went into syndication.

That's because the Bucks, at least for the short term, have finally gotten it right.

Seriously, their ingeniousness is to be applauded.

Not only have they accomplished something remarkably healthy by ridding themselves of Brandon Jennings' immaturity and inaccuracy, they have almost completely turned over the roster with fresh, happy faces in time for one of the NBA's all-time drafts.

With a much-needed change in philosophy, general manager John Hammond has assembled a team of young, willing, hustling souls around Larry Sanders and John Henson that just might finish last in Central Division.

But...

There will be none of the ego-driven nonsense that destroyed the locker room last season and alienated the fan base during the grim march to another one-and-done playoff experience that added nothing to the Bucks' growth.

This time, though, the payoff just might be something the Bucks could never hope to get in free agency. And that would be an all-star to go with Henson, Sanders and new point guard Brandon Knight via one of the most bountiful drafts in a long time.

Despite what could be short-term pain this season, this is the best path toward breaking the Bucks' tedious cycle of mediocrity. I know Herb Kohl was reluctant to go down this road in the fear of what a 50-loss season and empty BMO Harris Bradley Center seats could do to the new-arena drive, but his basketball people apparently persuaded him that this is proper way to proceed.

Smart fans will understand and abide. They know this is the only way a small-market franchise has a chance to seriously compete, with a small core of young, value-contract players and the chance to hit a home run in the draft.

Knowledgeable fans, especially in this town, will appreciate effort and hustle over the entitled attitudes and infighting of last season that characterized another intolerable, wheel-spinning year for a franchise that has not found traction in more than a decade.

Instead of the overpriced, unengaged veteran slackers who have dotted the roster for far too long, the Bucks will finally be young and hungry with a new set of eyes in coach Larry Drew. If Drew gets it right, expect standing ovations for the first set of floor burns from players wearing Bucks green since Darvin Ham was going into the stands after loose balls.

It will be critical for Drew to gain an immediate working relationship with Sanders and convince him to take ownership in terms of being a real leader of a team on which 26-year-old Ersan Ilyasova will be considered the old guy.

Hammond is to be commended for the moves, especially resolving the Jennings mess. Good guys Carlos Delfino, Zaza Pachulia and Luke Ridnour might not win many games, but in this transition period, the Bucks needed their calming presence to repair a locker room than had been all but burned down last season.

Of course, none of this is to say that abject losing should be accepted in a bottom-line business. But the Bucks really had no choice but to tear it down, protect their most important assets, draft for the future with 18-year-old Giannis Antetokounmpo and place themselves in a position for an immediate contributor with the 2014 draft.

After all, there is always that chance that this season could be better than the roster reflects. In any event, the senator is not going to regret the direction.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...218184452.html

vCash
    2012/2013

Player ....... 2pt%........3pt%
    Ellis .......... .416 ....... .287
    Jennings..... .399 ..... .375
    Dunleavy.... .442 ..... .428
    Redick.... ... .434 ..... .366
    Daniels........ .376........ .278
    Dalembert...... .542 ...... 1.000

New Bucks

Player........2pt%...........3pt%
    Mayo......... .449.......... .407
    Knight....... .407.......... .367
    Delfino....... .405.......... .375
    Neal............. .412......... .355
    Ridnour......... .453........ .311
    Middleton....... .440........ .311
    Pachulia.......... .473....... .000

We get real efficient for 2pt%. Only huge loss is Dunleavy 3pt%. But everyone else was a upgrade pretty much.

vCash