Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Texans Training Camp/Preseason

It looks like people are starting to slowly come back for the season so, I figured I'd start up a thread about any news that comes up. Just to start things off, who are you most looking forward to seeing? For me, it's gotta be Keenum, Hopkins and Swearinger. Hopkins and Swearinger are for obvious reasons and I've heard rumblings that Kubiak prefers Keenum to Yates.

vCash
    Joe Mays signed today. Help at ILB.

vCash
    we desperately needed help at ILB. I never trust Sharpton, and I don't think either rookie is good enough to allow Reed to move inside if necessary.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Very true^.

And then there's Dobbins being the weirdo he is. (Not showing up for voluntary workouts building his house)

Now Mercilus has an injured hammy...

We'll see how this preseason goes.

vCash
    I'm actually a little concerned about the lack of depth on our defense. Of course, having JJ Watt, Cushing, Reed, JJ and Kareem minimize it, I'm worried about alot. We let 3 starters go (4 if you count Bradie James, who was technically a starter). We have little to no depth at linebacker, the Joe Mays signing helps but, we have exactly 1 linebacker who has started a full season. Reed and Mercillus have showed tremendous potential but, we have yet to see if they can put it together for a full year. Then, there's the rookies, Montgomery, Williams and I think his name is Willie Jefferson? who we don't really know anything about and then there's Sharpton and Dobbins who are capable but not stand out guys. There's also the fact that we really only have one NT and he's not very good. Our safeties are another concern of mine as Manning is getting older and I didn't think Reed played very well most of the season. We'll still have a top 5 defense but, I don't think it's as good as it once was