Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Competitors

vCash

Competitors

Sure we haven't seen the new squad play together yet. And Joe D may not be done with moves. That being said I was looking at the Eastern Conference as a whole and IMO Detroit is one of the few East teams that has gotten better. Chicago, Indy, Miami, BKN and NYK are for sure in the playoffs (barring injuries). That leaves 6-8 wide open. Here is who I've got as equal teams that will battle to get in:

Washington: Healthy Wall plus solid starters at every position (besides Webster).

Cleveland: One more year of maturity for Kyrie. Additions of Bennett and Bynum (Eddie Curry 2.0)

Toronto: They have the heart and the hunger and a pretty good coach in Casey. Plus Val is about to break out (if Derozan and Gay do not take all of his shot attempts)

Atlanta: we took their best player but they are still good enough to make it.

Everyone else seems to be tanking for Wiggins. Orlando may make some noise but they are still early in there rebuilding project.

Who do you got?
    Last edited by Drummond#1; 07-28-2013 at 03:34 PM.

vCash
    I'm really curious about Cleveland. If Bynum pans out they could be a serious threat.

Toronto should be improved, but I feel like I say that every year.

Washington I think gets in, but you never know how a "budding superstar" will respond to getting PAID.

No idea what to make of Atlanta tbh, they might slip but who knows.

Orlando looks horrible to me, I can't imagine they'd make any noise.

I have a bad feeling we don't make it, but that could just be my piston pessimism (pistonmism?)

6. Atlanta
    7. Cleveland
    8. Washington

all season Raps and Stones fans will argue over who sucks less. again. JVal vs Drum will rage on all year. again.

vCash
    This is what Bynum said last season-

"Health is going to be an issue. There's nothing I can really do about it. It's arthritis in the knees. Cartilage is missing. That's not going to regrow itself. Maybe in the future, the next three to five years, there may be something out there that really does help. For right now, it's a waiting game."
    6th- Pistons
    7th- Wizards
    8th- Hawks

vCash
    With Cleveland, it depends on Bynum. And even with a "healthy" Bynum (and I am assuming 65-70 really solid games), who hasn't played for nearly 18 months by the time camp rolls around, I don't see them making a lot of noise, I don't think they're that much improved.

Washington went on a semi run at the end of last season, so they say, but ended up g0ing 7/13. That's a run? 10 of those games were against playoff teams, they beat Mem, LAL, Chi & Indy (on 6-Apr) and then tanked and lost 6 straight.

Toronto? They've been set to break out the last 4 seasons.

Milwaukee? I don't see where they've signed anyone compared to JSmoove/CB quality. And I don't like their chemistry if Jennings comes back. Too much bad blood and rumors. Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned, but that's only because some PG's aren't dead yet.

I do think we're in the 6-8 playoff hunt, if for no other reason than by default. We have a front line that can run (Dre'/Smoove and one of those two along with JJ on the second unit with Bynum/Stuck/??) a half court set with Moose/Dre'/Smoove that represent match up problems. Singler/CV/Middleton (hopefully) who can hit outside shots with CB filling in wherever needed. Throw in KCP/Luigi hopefully hitting from the perimeter and slashing, that at worst, we'll be more exciting to watch. With the exception of perhaps Slava, we have, for the first time, every player on our squad who could potentially be rotational players (at worst) on any other squad. I don't think we've been able to say that for a number of years.

vCash
    It's pretty low odds Bynum can play a healthy season.Even if he did though I highly doubt he would be the same player he was in LA.I think he has less desire for the game than he does cartilage in his knees.

vCash
    We need to improve our backcourt.

vCash
    How I see it
    1. Heat
    2. Pacers
    3. Nets
    4. Bulls
    5. Knicks
    6. Cavs
    7. Wiz
    8. Bucks

I think we are underrating Cleveland yeah they are LeBron-less but they do have Kyrie and if Bynum even plays 50-60gms, Irving should lead them the rest to a playoff spot. We could easily be a playoff team(6th seed) or be the worst team in or division. And of course we always fall somewhere in between(luckily our ceiling is higher compared to past seasons)
    Last edited by JWO35; 07-28-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    My projections:

1. Heat
    2. Pacers
    3. Bulls
    4. Knicks
    5. Nets
    6. Cavs
    7. Pistons
    8. Wizards

Anyone else think the Cavs are kinda like the "Bizzaro Pistons?" I mean if their starting frontcourt is how I think it'll be with Bynum/Varejao/Bennett that could be a very formidable opposition for our 5-3 in Drummond/Monroe/Smith, IF all are healthy and good to go.
    $9.99

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor007 View Post
    My projections:

1. Heat
    2. Pacers
    3. Bulls
    4. Knicks
    5. Nets
    6. Cavs
    7. Pistons
    8. Wizards

Anyone else think the Cavs are kinda like the "Bizzaro Pistons?" I mean if their starting frontcourt is how I think it'll be with Bynum/Varejao/Bennett that could be a very formidable opposition for our 5-3 in Drummond/Monroe/Smith, IF all are healthy and good to go.

I think Bennet helps them, but I see potentially the same problem for them as us - chiefly floor spacing with Bynum/Vareajo.

But I agree. Bynum has pretty much less passion for the game than his knee cartlidge. Which is saying something.

vCash
    Heat
    Bulls
    Pacers
    Knicks
    Nets
    Pistons
    Wizards
    Hawks

Smoove adds so much to our team in every stat category. We have a lot of depth compared to these other lower east teams. Chauncey is going to be all over Knight and Stuckey to not make mistakes. I think we play either Pacers or Bulls in the playoffs.

Cavs lose out because Bynum can't even go bowling without tweaking his knee. Dont think Jarret Jack and Bennett make the playoff hopes much brighter but I could be wrong cuz they're ballers.

Hawks and Raps fight it out for 8 but I'm rooting for Hawks lol.