Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

We now hold the 10th pick year next year.

I think that we need to start losing some games quickly. We could easily fall out of a protected pick in a matter of a couple of days. Thoughts?

vCash
    We are going to win a wildcard spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Cubs25 View Post
    We are going to win a wildcard spot.
    Say it ain't so Chi Town!! Lol.........

vCash
    They will. You can't expect Chris Rusin to throw 7 shutout innings every time out. He's still Chris Rusin.

vCash
    We're not completely out of wild card contention so it's not time to start thinking about draft position just yet. Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are the 2 Wild Card leaders and the Cubs have games left with both teams to make up ground. And it's about time for Pittsburgh's yearly tumble.
    You still want to win games and give yourself a shot but it'll work itself out. August is looking brutal on the schedule and I'm sure there are at least a couple of more trades left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    We're not completely out of wild card contention so it's not time to start thinking about draft position just yet. Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are the 2 Wild Card leaders and the Cubs have games left with both teams to make up ground. And it's about time for Pittsburgh's yearly tumble.
    You still want to win games and give yourself a shot but it'll work itself out. August is looking brutal on the schedule and I'm sure there are at least a couple of more trades left.
    You're kidding, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    This would be the last thing we need! And in reality, it's very unlikely.

vCash
    You funny

vCash
    Fortunately, we don't play the Giants every game, so I doubt we finish outside of the top 10 picks in the draft

NT of the Future

vCash

We now hold the 10th pick year next year.

God isn't it great though watching a winning team lol I mean seeing a trio of rusin, strop, and Gregg do as well as they did just gives hope for the future. I really really like strop, love that trade now and hope his potential pans out.

vCash
    Yay. Mediocrity.

vCash
    If we keep picking in the top 10 that means something isn't going right. So I don't want to see us picking in the top 10 much longer.

vCash
    If they get a pick outside of the top ten, they won't consider signing a big FA. If the get into the top ten, they'll consider signing a top FA. They won't sign one, but they'll consider it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    This would be the last thing we need! And in reality, it's very unlikely.
    Highly, highly unlikely but you still gotta play out the season and hold out a sliver of hope even if it is a one game Wild Card.
    You owe it to the league to try and win every game whether you are rebuilding or not. Otherwise it will turn into the NBA where you only have a handful of super teams and the rest tanking just to try and get in the lottery

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    If they get a pick outside of the top ten, they won't consider signing a big FA. If the get into the top ten, they'll consider signing a top FA. They won't sign one, but they'll consider it.
    Wrong and wrong. Sorry not much else to say here.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast