Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Would it surprise you if the Sox didn't sell at all?

Let's think about this for a second, all the players on the market other than Thorton and Crain are really more than half year rentals. Alexei , Rios, and Peavy all have contracts going past this season. The more time that passes, the more i'm starting to see the big picture. While the White Sox are in "sell mode", are they really? Don't get me wrong, i'm sure they are weighing offers each and everyday, but where is the obligation to trade these guys? Just because we're having a bad year, doesn't mean these guys HAVE to go, in fact, which of our guys is really at peak value right now? Rios has been iffy for over a month now, Alexei's power and defense has to be a concern for teams, and Peavy's health is scarring teams from really going all in. It almost seems like the Sox are playing desperate just to see exactly what the league has to offer for their players. Considering all these guys genuinely want to play here, and the fact that their contracts aren't really restricting us financially, i feel like the Sox are almost throwing smoke screen to see what teams come out with some juicy offers. So my question is, would it really surprise you to see nobody go this deadline? I just have a hard time really believing the Sox are going to sell for the sake of selling, when they have the opportunity to showcase for the rest of the season and possibly deal during the off-season.

vCash
    It wouldn't surprise me, and the more I think about it, the less that fact bothers me. There is no reason to trade anyone under contract if we don't get a satisfactory offer. Williams has learned, through the Swisher trade, that making a deal and getting mediocre return on a player is a really bad strategy. Hahn knows this too, so if teams don't want to part with prospects, the so be it. Texas, or anyone else, can enjoy missing the post season.

vCash
    yes,yes it would surprise me.we need to rebuild,the longer we put off the worse it will be.i get the "its not happening yet!!" mindset.but we're still a week out,thats a lot of time,most trades dont even happen til deadline day.

vCash
    No surprise at all, I am actually expecting them to do nothing. I have said many times it makes no sense to have 10M a year 30+ year old players on a team that is going to lose 90 games for the next 2-3 years.

vCash
    No..in fact I recommend it if no Sox friendly deals are offered

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    I completely agree Coconut

vCash
    I too have posted that the Sox will not trade anyone! I believe Hahn's and William's expectations are well above the reality of return for the Sox players. In a way I hope I'm wrong as I think it's time to turn the page and try something different over the next few years Williams plan made the Sox contenders but left them high an dry for the future.
    "She's kinda cute, in a Santa Claus kinda way!"