Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Question Lowry's Contract Year

I'm actually a big fan of Lowry, I preferred him even before Nash decided not to sign with us. That being said even I will admit he had a disappointing season last year. He was confused with his role, beginning he tried to be the scorer and then at the end he over-passed the ball and faded into the background at times.

With this being the last year on his contract what are expecting from him and what will he have to do to make the raptors try and re-sign him? Are we looking for the scoring guard we saw before his ankle injury or do we want him to take a smaller role and just be consistent every night with defence, assists and 3 pts.

Any other opinions on Lowry and his expectations are welcome, me personally if he can avr. 13-15 ppg and 8-10 assists with solid defence and shows he can run the team then i say we definitely keep him. Showed glimpses of being an all star in the past.

vCash
    We've seen him play both roles, the scorer and the facilitator. IMO this year he has to take that next step and become the total package. He's gotta be more aware on the offensive end and recognize when to score and when to pass. Having a lineup like ours should help that progression. For example when he's on the floor with Rudy/DD/Val, he's gotta be more of a facilitator and get those guys their shots. When he's on the court with Fields/Gray/Hansbrough however, he's gotta look for his shot more to offset their offensive deficiencies

vCash
    it's a contract year, no doubt he'll play well.

vCash
    Lowry was never healthy last year. If he's healthy this year, he's going to BEAST!

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    If Ujiri is planning on rebuilding, Lowry will not be resigned anyways. Itís possible that he gets traded if he does play well and raises his value.

If Ujiri does decide to sign him then I would hope that he signs in the 7-8 million per year range on a Derozan type contract.

With that said I can see him averaging about..
    14 ppg, 6.5 apg, 4.5 rpg, 1.6 spg, 2.2 to, fg% 40, 3p% 37, 30 mpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If Ujiri is planning on rebuilding, Lowry will not be resigned anyways. Itís possible that he gets traded if he does play well and raises his value.

If Ujiri does decide to sign him then I would hope that he signs in the 7-8 million per year range on a Derozan type contract.

With that said I can see him averaging about..
    14 ppg, 6.5 apg, 4.5 rpg, 1.6 spg, 2.2 to, fg% 40, 3p% 37, 30 mpg
    If I am Lowry's agent, I would use Brandon Jennings' contract as the benchmark if Lowry plays well. If Jennings gets paid this summer, Lowry would probably sign for as much/more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    If I am Lowry's agent, I would use Brandon Jennings' contract as the benchmark if Lowry plays well. If Jennings gets paid this summer, Lowry would probably sign for as much/more.
    isnt jennings having a hard time getting any offers ?

vCash
    isnt jennings having a hard time getting any offers ?
    Milwaukee wanted to S&T him but no one was interested enough to give up an asset from what I read on twitter by some columnist. Bucks probably going to bring him back at like 7-9 mil.

vCash
    Milwaukee wanted to S&T him but no one was interested enough to give up an asset from what I read on twitter by some columnist. Bucks probably going to bring him back at like 7-9 mil.
    doubt it. they just signed gary neal as well. I dont even think they can give jennings anything more then the qualifying offer.

He has to be feeling really stupid for turning down the ext offered to him by the bucks in the past becuase he isnt getting ish now. most disapointed free agent this year probably.

vCash
    doubt it. they just signed gary neal as well. I dont even think they can give jennings anything more then the qualifying offer.

He has to be feeling really stupid for turning down the ext offered to him by the bucks in the past becuase he isnt getting ish now. most disapointed free agent this year probably.
    Neal will probably be the first guy off the bench (to replace Dunleavy and Redick). OJ Mayo replaces Monta but they still have a hole at PG (unless Ridnour is a solution). I think he will a 2-3 year deal worth like $7 mil with a PO after Y1. It's either that or they simply release him since Jennings said he would leave anyways if they only offered the QO (which wouldn't make sense to offer a contract when you know there wont be a future). If Calderon got a $7 mil a year contract, I think Jennings could as much this offseason.

Edit: Some sites reporting Bucks offering $8 mil a year but Jennings wants $11 mil. http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-the-free-agent-update
    http://www.ibtimes.com/nba-free-agen...-sign-contract
    Last edited by Raps08-09 Champ; 07-27-2013 at 06:23 PM.

vCash
    Neal will probably be the first guy off the bench (to replace Dunleavy and Redick). OJ Mayo replaces Monta but they still have a hole at PG (unless Ridnour is a solution). I think he will a 2-3 year deal worth like $7 mil with a PO after Y1. It's either that or they simply release him since Jennings said he would leave anyways if they only offered the QO (which wouldn't make sense to offer a contract when you know there wont be a future). If Calderon got a $7 mil a year contract, I think Jennings could as much this offseason.

Edit: Hoopsworld reporting Bucks offering $8 mil a year but Jennings wants $11 mil. http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-the-free-agent-update
    Ya see around 8 million is what I would offer lowry as well. Bucks made the right offer. 11 million is waaaay too much for Jennings.

I do think Lowry and his agent will be fishing for more then 7-8 million though. But they should look at Jennings for example and be smart. They don’t want to be in the same situation he is in where he is getting no offers and will probably have to settle for what he can get now.

vCash
    Ya see around 8 million is what I would offer lowry as well. Bucks made the right offer. 11 million is waaaay too much for Jennings.

I do think Lowry and his agent will be fishing for more then 7-8 million though. But they should look at Jennings for example and be smart. They don’t want to be in the same situation he is in where he is getting no offers and will probably have to settle for what he can get now.
    I'm trying to say that if Jennings can net $8 mil after a subpar season, Lowry can get more than $8 mil if he has a good season. He could probably land a 4 year, $32-40 mil deal if he had a good season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Lowry was never healthy last year. If he's healthy this year, he's going to BEAST!
    It's hard being at an elite nba level athlete when your diet consists of Micky Ds.

vCash
    in before the Lowry hater says agree
    weight and conditioning was not Lowrys problem it was his reckless play style.

vCash
    I'm trying to say that if Jennings can net $8 mil after a subpar season, Lowry can get more than $8 mil if he has a good season. He could probably land a 4 year, $32-40 mil deal if he had a good season.
    I agree that he will def aim for more than 8 million. But what im saying is that it will be a risk because there are A LOT of good pgs in the nba and if he over values himself he will be left in a similar situation to what jennings is in now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast