Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Kirk sent down for Mejia

Justice is served. He had no business taking playing time away from Lagares and Mejia was a stud today.

vCash
    His BA was awful, not sure about the numbers but we have given him multiple chances on the big league roster and other then that Brewer game if I remember he hasn't done jack. Lag is a better fielder as Stuna or someone already pointed out so Kirk has no purpose here and I'm glad he is down.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash

Kirk sent down for Mejia

Mejia is a bust no better than a reliever.

vCash
    Your sarcasm gets real old sometimes.

vCash

Kirk sent down for Mejia

So does your flip flopping.

vCash
    Two strikes for Capt Kirk.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash

Kirk sent down for Mejia

He may still be used as a 4th or 5th outfielder in the future, but odds are that he will not be given an everyday shot anytime soon.

vCash
    Things are starting to to pop in the right direction for this team. Guys that have been yo-yo'd over the past few years may just be yo'd.

Several guys have had plenty of chances and we're supposedly ready to make some serious moves. Some guys may wind up on the Nagasaki Clams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    Things are starting to to pop in the right direction for this team. Guys that have been yo-yo'd over the past few years may just be yo'd.

Several guys have had plenty of chances and we're supposedly ready to make some serious moves. Some guys may wind up on the Nagasaki Clams.
    The cherry on top will be the trade of Lucas Duda to the Terre Haute Bed Bugs for a bag of bats and a case of beer.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash

Kirk sent down for Mejia

Well it looks like Vegas soon will have a bunch of guys that figured would help the mets an have not due to injury or lack of production.

Duda
    Nieuwenhuis
    den Dekker
    Valdespin
    Baxter
    d'Arnaud
    Tejada

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The cherry on top will be the trade of Lucas Duda to the Terre Haute Bed Bugs for a bag of bats and a case of beer.
    Almost a tongue twister or a haiku. It must be something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So does your flip flopping.
    Again, IMO it's perfectly reasonable to change your mind on a player once he starts performing. As long as you don't sit there and say "I always knew Mejia would come around once he got the chance!" then you're not really a flip-flop...I thought Mejia was a bust because of his inability to stay healthy, and I still think that. If he proves me wrong, I'll gladly admit I was wrong.

Anyways, glad Kirk is gone. Woohoo.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Two strikes for Capt Kirk.
    A year ago, June, Nieuwenhuis looked like the CF for the next decade. In 200 ABs he was hitting .298/.360/.429. Since then at the ML level and at AAA he is hitting .194/.288/.377 in 320 ABs.-yogi

I posted the above yesterday on another thread, What isn't evident is that prior to that good start last year he hit .298/.403/.505 at AAA in 2011.
    Nieuwenhuis is 25 and has hit for avg., has the glove and more pop than Lagares. He may end up striking out, but the skills are there and if the heart is as well, he may be the golden boy next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    Again, IMO it's perfectly reasonable to change your mind on a player once he starts performing. As long as you don't sit there and say "I always knew Mejia would come around once he got the chance!" then you're not really a flip-flop...I thought Mejia was a bust because of his inability to stay healthy, and I still think that. If he proves me wrong, I'll gladly admit I was wrong.

Anyways, glad Kirk is gone. Woohoo.
    Changing your mind is one thing and of course people can do that, but flip-flopping is when someone does it repeatedly to the point it gets old - jmo.

vCash
    I don't know if Sick's sarcasm is directed to me or not, but I was very pro-Mejia whenever we were comparing him and Familia. Now with the constant injuries, it started looking like Mejia would be a pen arm(he's also short) but Mejia showed the kind of command and secondary pitches yesterday to be a very effective starter. I honestly didn't think he was capable of that kind of command but they changed his arm slot a bit and his cutting fastball returned along with more command. He just has to remain consistent and healthy. His stuff is so nasty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast