Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Andre gurode

vCash

Andre gurode

vCash
    I like the move, more depth can only help. Plus he is a proven vet that we need!

vCash
    I've always liked gurode (5 time pro bowler). I really really wanted him a couple years ago. He is perfect for the power blocking scheme at center (6'4 318 pounds) average size for a guard. Gives us flexibility with moving the wiz back to guard if needed or gurode could play guard as well. The only question is how much he has left?

vCash
    Very good player for along while, now his best days are behind him but he adds depth and maybe even pushes for a starting spot. Not a bad move at all...

vCash
    Played for Sporano in Dallas, gotta' figure coach knows what he can bring to the team. And I doubt signing him would preclude us signing Wharton if he decides to come here.

vCash
    Good player, good size ,good move now lets sign Wharton.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    I like this signing. At worse he will give the Raiders nice depth at the OL position at best he could win a starting guard spot or maybe even win the starting center spot and allowing Wiz move back to guard.

vCash
    he will start on our team - the bergs / nix combo has not been doing it for our coaching staff (im assuming) with the talks off both Wharton and Gurode. I would take Wharton too if we can get a deal on him, would be nice to have no real weaknesses in our Oline , that is if Watson / Barnes can hold down RT

vCash
    anyone know the contract terms yet , I havent been able to find anything

vCash
    Man i really hope he pans out and take the center position! Wiz and hulk on the left side would be huge. McFadden Blast to the left all day!

vCash
    Seems very much on the down side a very good career.

Not guna hold breath for him to turn the clock back 10 years though.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Yea I like the move we needed some depth. Wish we could have picked him up a few years ago. Let's see how much left he has in the tank. As others have said we should still try and sign Wharton if the price is right....

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    This guy is up there in years but a good player when healthy. It will add depth and I support this pick.

vCash
    I like this move. A veteran presence that can (hopefully) help out the younger guys. If it is true that he comes from a power blocking scheme, that is even better. It would be nice if he could pan out at center, putting Wiz back next to JV. However, then we would be looking for a new center in a few years (a new person doing the calls at the line).

Quote Originally Posted by JMClarkent View Post
    That looked like someones over-aggressive uncle playing football with a bunch of 9 year old boys...

vCash
    Gurode said today he feels better than he did three years ago because the time off gave him time to heal. Take that for what its worth.