Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Xander Bogaerts

vCash

Xander Bogaerts

This is purely just opinion, but I truly think the Xander Bogaerts era should begin soon. He's hitting .380 with a homer and 4 rbi's in his last 6 games. In his last 10 games, he has an OBP of .419, an OPS of 1.019 and is slugging .600. Overall in AAA, he's hitting .273 with 8 homers, 24 rbi's, an OBP of .377, slugging .492 and an OPS of .869. The offense looks like it needs a boost and both Iglesias and Drew are struggling, so why not give Bogaerts a shot? Am I the only the one on the Bogaerts bandwagon???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsox07Champs View Post
    This is purely just opinion, but I truly think the Xander Bogaerts era should begin soon. He's hitting .380 with a homer and 4 rbi's in his last 6 games. In his last 10 games, he has an OBP of .419, an OPS of 1.019 and is slugging .600. Overall in AAA, he's hitting .273 with 8 homers, 24 rbi's, an OBP of .377, slugging .492 and an OPS of .869. The offense looks like it needs a boost and both Iglesias and Drew are struggling, so why not give Bogaerts a shot? Am I the only the one on the Bogaerts bandwagon???
    Yeah you're the only one

vCash
    Iggy's hitting is going over like an Edsel since 6/22. Drew by AL league standards is having an above average season with the bat. He's also the only vet we have between 3B/SS.

Unless the Red Sox cannot come up with Michael Young cheap, XB will have to be promoted sometime between Aug 15th and Sep 1st. Even with Young he will come, but it will be after 9/1.

XB still needs more PA's in the minors, as much as possible.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    k got it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Iggy's hitting is going over like an Edsel since 6/22. Drew by AL league standards is having an above average season with the bat. He's also the only vet we have between 3B/SS.

Unless the Red Sox cannot come up with Michael Young cheap, XB will have to be promoted sometime between Aug 15th and Sep 1st. Even with Young he will come, but it will be after 9/1.

XB still needs more PA's in the minors, as much as possible.
    Yeah I wouldnt bring him up just yet. He could probably use one more slump to work out of before he comes up honestly.

vCash
    I think the plan is to get him another 150-200 AB's at AAA but I do think he's certainly capable of forcing the issue and basically forcing his way to Boston. It appears that Middlebrooks getting another look and a potential trade for a stopgap like Michael Young are plans A/B with calling up Xander being plan C.

I also think it's time that Iggy/Drew get platooned.

Drew vs RHP - .251/.342/.425, .335 wOBA, 107 wRC+
    Drew vs LHP - .169/.241/.325, .249 wOBA, 48 wRC+

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    I think the plan is to get him another 150-200 AB's at AAA but I do think he's certainly capable of forcing the issue and basically forcing his way to Boston. It appears that Middlebrooks getting another look and a potential trade for a stopgap like Michael Young are plans A/B with calling up Xander being plan C.

I also think it's time that Iggy/Drew get platooned.

Drew vs RHP - .251/.342/.425, .335 wOBA, 107 wRC+
    Drew vs LHP - .169/.241/.325, .249 wOBA, 48 wRC+
    Yeah, that works if you have a 3B. If it's Young, then he comes out for D around the 6th-7th, and Iggy goes in weather it's from SS or the bench. If it's XB it might start out that way, but if the kid is hitting it won't be long before he's in every game - even if for 2-3 innings in some cases.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    I don't want to rush Xander up after what happened with WMB.

He should stay down there and come up Sept 1st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackeyfan41 View Post

Completely different players with completely different approaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackeyfan41 View Post

The reason for (potentially) calling XB up before Sept 1st is so that he could be added to the team's playoff roster, without depending on one of those injury exceptions. While I'm on no screaming rush to see the Sox call him up ASAP, I do think that calling him up before 9/1 would be a wise move.

vCash
    I think it's becoming clear than having iggy and drew in the lineup is not working out. The bottom of our lineup is a complete black hole.

vCash
    I personally think this team needs a jolt. XB is that guy imo. Just like in 07' when Boston needed that spark, they brought up Ellsbury. We all know what happened that season. Just saying. Iggy was nice for a little while, but we all know what he is. During that month long run, whenever I would watch him get a hit, he wasn't even driving the ball. To sit here and say Drew and Iggy are the answers for the left side of the infield may need to think twice. XB will atleast make it tougher on opposing pitchers due to his ability to get on base. BC, do the right thing.

vCash
    I personally think this team needs a jolt. XB is that guy imo. Just like in 07' when Boston needed that spark, they brought up Ellsbury. We all know what happened that season. Just saying. Iggy was nice for a little while, but we all know what he is. During that month long run, whenever I would watch him get a hit, he wasn't even driving the ball. To sit here and say Drew and Iggy are the answers for the left side of the infield may need to think twice. XB will atleast make it tougher on opposing pitchers due to his ability to get on base. BC, do the right thing.
    To lump Drew and Iglesias together is ridiculous AND Drew is a vet, and Iglesias and WMB are not.

If we deal for Young or bring up XB - Iggy is the one that's going to lose most of the time, not Drew. BTW, how many times do I have to hammer the board until people realize that since Drew's ST/warm up the first 11 games of the season, he's hit AND fielded well ahead of the average AL SS. Iggy can play SS against LH starters and 3B for late inning D - that's it.

vCash
    Drew isn't going anywhere. Even when he doesn't hit he's still going to walk, something we can't quite say for iggy despite his improved approach. Sox management is still going to wait at the very least 2 or 3 weeks until calling up Xander. This way they get him more reps at AAA and they also get to see how Iglesias responds to his first adversity this season. This way they get to see more of what they have in both players.

Although I do wish we could see Xander right now.

Atlantic City Redraft Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyd3b54 View Post
    drew isn't going anywhere. Even when he doesn't hit he's still going to walk, something we can't quite say for iggy despite his improved approach. Sox management is still going to wait at the very least 2 or 3 weeks until calling up xander. This way they get him more reps at aaa and they also get to see how iglesias responds to his first adversity this season. This way they get to see more of what they have in both players.

Although i do wish we could see xander right now.
    yes

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast