Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Nets sign vet Alan Anderson to 2 year deal

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6569/alan-anderson

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/360803451778764800

Anderson averaged 10 ppg in 23 minutes for the Raptors last season at SG/SF and is known for his defense.

vCash
    pretty good signing if you ask me. the nets are too stacked.
    wtched a lot of raptor games, and wouldved loved for him to stay, but we have younger players like ross, derozan, fields and gay taking up minutes at the 2 and 3.
    [CENTER]

vCash
    Would have preferred Delonte West or Damion James

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    Would have preferred Delonte West or Damion James
    no way we need a guy that can shoot 3s we already have defense in AK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    no way we need a guy that can shoot 3s we already have defense in AK
    Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?

vCash
    Yeah go Nets.
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    I like the signing. Adds necessary depth at the 2/3 spot which allows AK to add some depth at the 4 spot. There are two videos of him on the internet right now, both against the Knicks. One is an offensive showcase, the other a defensive one. I like the way he played defense, man seems to know what he's doing. Best part of this signing is that if Terry struggles this guy can come in and add some help. I actually see him playing around 10 minutes a night.

vCash
    Seems like a useless pick-up to me. Don't expect him to see tons of minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Well, that's the point. He's not going to displace Terry or Kirilenko in the rotation, but he adds depth. You're allowed a 15 man roster, so he's just part of filling that out. With 6 guys at the 4 or 5 spots (not counting Kirilenko who could play the 4 if necessary), and 3 point guards already on the roster (and Terry can handle the point in limited minutes) getting another wing guy made the most sense. Additionally, if you look at the competition the Nets have to face in the Eastern Conference the majority of opponents feature wings as their top scorers (James and Wade in MIA, George and Granger in Indy, Anthony and Smith in NY, etc) so having an extra 6 fouls to spare off the bench to corral those guys is a plus, not to mention that Anderson is a pretty good defensive player. He's a decent scorer as well, though not terribly efficient, and gets himself in trouble offensively when he tries to do too much. He's comparable to Bogans last year in that that shot about the same percentage from the field and from 3, and can play good defense (Bogans shot less thus may have been a bit more efficient offensively, Anderson is the better defender though). It's possible Toko beats him out for the last active spot and he rides the bench, but he's a proven veteran alternative to Toko's youth and inexperience. Lastly, it's a depth move. Prior to this signing, you'd have to be concerned a bit if Johnson, Pierce, or Terry went down, but now Kirilenko can shift to the starting lineup if need be and you still have a quality backup in Anderson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    When one of the rotation players goes down with injury, which will happen eventually, it wont seem so useless. Definitely an upgrade over Bogans/Stackhouse

vCash
    Kidd actually called him out as the x-factor... Rightfully so, guys you need to check these videos out. Now offense is always streaky but I love his defense.

Defense. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBf_1LJFxCQ

Offense, 35 points against Knicks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivU3WFJUONw

PLayers like this are always good when the opposing team has a superstar. (Melo, Lebron) last year Bogans and Wallace kept Melo in check, good thing we have this guy in addition to Kirilenko this year.

vCash
    [QUOTE=iceteawithlemon;26792192]Kidd actually called him out as the x-factor... Rightfully so, guys you need to check these videos out. Now offense is always streaky but I love his defense.

Defense. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBf_1LJFxCQ

Offense, 35 points against Knicks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivU3WFJUONw

Jason Kidd is going to say a lot of things before he coaches his first real game, and he'll say a lot after that also

vCash
    Well I was trying to point out that Anderson will likely get regular playing time this season. But yeah Kidd also said that Tele was very important to the team, so he says a lot of things. I kind of like it though, he's gonna try stuff unlike PJ and AJ who just stuck to their plans or did stupid things. Remember AJ doing the Hack-a-Dwight like 2 minutes into the 4th quarter in LA? We ended up being over the limit before the final six minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    Well I was trying to point out that Anderson will likely get regular playing time this season. But yeah Kidd also said that Tele was very important to the team, so he says a lot of things. I kind of like it though, he's gonna try stuff unlike PJ and AJ who just stuck to their plans or did stupid things. Remember AJ doing the Hack-a-Dwight like 2 minutes into the 4th quarter in LA? We ended up being over the limit before the final six minutes.
    My point is that we have no idea what will happen until they start playing real games.

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash

Nets sign vet Alan Anderson to 2 year deal

He apparently has a relationship with Garnett that goes back to his days of high school ball. Maybe that was another incentive for signing him
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast