Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

what happens to players that get busted juicing

Hypothetically speaking. Let's say LeBron is pumping roids and the nba catches on and busts him. How many games does he get suspended for? And what else could/should happen?

Stern is the new Mcmahon

vCash
    A steroids thread about LeBron? Mods will be sure to close this quickly, even though it shouldn't be.

vCash
    But if LeBron was ever doping up, do you really think they would let that go public? Hell no, that would ruin their image.

vCash
    they take there talents to south beach

vCash
    U shouldn't used LeBron as an example. mods will close this in a minute.

To the topic... If "Lebron" gets caught juicing. The league will do everything and anything under their power to sweep it under the rugs. Now lets say a no name player gets caught. They will easily suspend him for 10+ games, depends on what kinda juice they took.
    We Rep The City! Not A Borough.
    True New Yorkers Wear Orange And Blue

vCash
    Yeah, it depends on how good/marketable the player is. As much as I believe Stern turned the league from a coke-riddled street ball game into the giant it's become, I don't think he did it without sweeping a lot under the rug. That's why Birdman got smashed with a 2-year ban but nobody else in the NBA seems to do anything worse than JR Smith on Twitter

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Not sure what Nba would do.

IN europe if you get caght you get suspended from all sports activity for 2 years and your team has the right to stop paying you for that period.

He would definetly not be eligible for Fiba play for 2 years regardless what nba did.

But dont worry, he would probably decide to retire to "play baseball "for a year whilst the league covers it udner a rug.

Anyway if nba took the matter seriously and tested by surprise all their players this years, there would be at least 40 or 50 players getting caught, some stars, some role players and a lot of scrubs.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    Yeah, it depends on how good/marketable the player is. As much as I believe Stern turned the league from a coke-riddled street ball game into the giant it's become, I don't think he did it without sweeping a lot under the rug. That's why Birdman got smashed with a 2-year ban but nobody else in the NBA seems to do anything worse than JR Smith on Twitter
    Yeah they dont like to get far into this.

In the rest of the world, Rashard Lewis or Turkoglu would have been suspended 2 years for doping.

How much did they get from nba? 10 games?

Same for players taht tested positive for Marihuana at some point like Odom or cousins?, in nba they get a fine a warning and thats it.

In the rest of the world? 2 years.
    ]

vCash
    Nothing.

Because Stern/Silver will turn their heads and act like there's nothing to see here....

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    Same thing thats happened to all the other sports celebs. They get vilified and discredited, obviously. Hard to say how much given that we dont know of any examples but I like to think the potential effects of roids are overblown in basketball, the best benefit would be in recovery. And stereotyping roid users by their appearance is pretty shallow. Lots of the "symptoms" are also natural symptoms of high testosterone. And lots of abusers dont look like your typical bruiser.
    Last edited by Chronz; 07-26-2013 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    A steroids thread about LeBron? Mods will be sure to close this quickly, even though it shouldn't be.
    If I made a steroid thread about Jimmer Fredette possibly using would you consider that thread worthy?

There's no stereotype for this. If the busts in the NBA and MLB already show us anything it's that most of the guys using are probably the scrubs who have to fight to actually stay in their sport. Users come in all shapes and sizes. You have the all-time greats and the guys who never make it.

This is nothing but a witch hunt people are on. Again, there's no stereotype for PED users.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Same thing thats happened to all the other sports celebs. They get vilified and discredited, obviously. Hard to say how much given that we dont know of any examples but I like to think the potential effects of roids are overblown in basketball, the best benefit would be in recovery. And stereotyping roid users by their appearance is pretty shallow. Lots of the "symptoms" are also natural symptoms of high testosterone. And lots of abusers dont look like your typical bruiser.

That said, if I was profiling anyone, I would think of Wade before anyone else. Wade is the only guy I can think of whos jaw size increased despite being well into adulthood. Bron came into the league as a teen, so did Dwight, its natural that already impressive physical specimens turn into superior athletes as they mature. Unless you were arguing they have been taking it from before they even entered the NBA, I dont see how you could point to their physiques as proof of anything. In which case, you would have to explain why years of Olympic/FIBA testing from 2004 to 2012 yielded nothing.
    Cause Nba players in olympics ( american or foreigner) get pre tested by the LEAGUE instead of the olympic comitee.
    Thats a demmandDavid stern brought up before Barcelona 92 to allow nba players to play in the competition.
    ]

vCash
    I love how everyone assumes that the NBA would cover it up..... Because everyone who saw that list wouldn't like to break one of the biggest NBA stories since MJ retired...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Cause Nba players in olympics ( american or foreigner) get pre tested by the LEAGUE instead of the olympic comitee.
    Thats a demmandDavid stern brought up before Barcelona 92 to allow nba players to play in the competition.
    also, let's not act like FIBA testing is the be all and end all here. there are plenty of instances where players tested by an international comittee passed only to be found out later.

Lance Armstrong beat probably the most strict and imposing drug testing for 6 years, probably more.

Marion Jones and a host of other track stars are being found out after the fact, and after they passed international drug testing.

just because they didn't get busted by international doping tests, doesn't really prove anything.

and the following link is a report on how easy it is to dope in america. it's about NFL and boxing, but i'm sure we could compare this to NBA as well

http://web.law.und.edu/LawReview/iss.../86ndlr813.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    If I made a steroid thread about Jimmer Fredette possibly using would you consider that thread worthy?

There's no stereotype for this. If the busts in the NBA and MLB already show us anything it's that most of the guys using are probably the scrubs who have to fight to actually stay in their sport. Users come in all shapes and sizes. You have the all-time greats and the guys who never make it.

This is nothing but a witch hunt people are on. Again, there's no stereotype for PED users.
    What does that have to do with what I said exactly...

But to answer it, yes it would. Any player using steroids is thread worthy, if guilty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast