Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Joe McKnight - Idiot Among Idiots

With news of McKnight having failed his conditioning test on the 1st day of camp, one has to believe this is the end of the road for the underachiever:

Jets placed RB/KR Joe McKnight on the active/PUP list.
    He flunked his conditioning test on the first day of camp. McKnight's contract year is already off to a bad start with his roster spot hanging by a thread behind Chris Ivory, Mike Goodson, and Bilal Powell on the Jets' depth chart.

Mereley two months ago, he was spouting off about how he should be the lead back but I guess this was nothing but empty words. It would be one thing if he was working hard towards such a goal but as it turns out, he wasn't if he can't pass a conditioning test:

“Words can’t even describe how badly I want to be that guy,’’ McKnight told The Post during a break in offseason workouts last week at the team’s Florham Park, N.J., training facility. “I’ve got an edge — a fire to me ... so I can show everybody that I can play.

“When I’m out there practicing it’s like I’m [ticked] off. I’ve got to play the game [ticked] off. That gives me the edge and keeps me on top of my game.’’

Idzik will not put up with this clown much longer - I think he's firmly on the outside of the bubble for making this team which is a damn shame. Only an idiot would not take advantage of such an opportunity in getting to work with Marty's offense during a contract year. He's losing out on a chance to make millions but instead spent his time talking instead of taking action. He'll rue the day he threw away an opportunity to buy a great house and put money in the bank before turning 30. What a shame.

Just another USC product heading for the scrap heap along with Sedrick Ellis and Sanchez not far behind. Memo to Idzik: stay away from SC draft prospects.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 07-26-2013 at 08:39 AM.

vCash
    I hate USC

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Only good guy out of there was Keyshawn, rest of them suck!

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Only good guy out of there was Keyshawn, rest of them suck!
    And Troy Polumalu. And I might be mistaken but I think Clay Matthews went there. But their Qbs def suck. And so does McKnight. So much wasted potentiel.

But Cimini said he's on the field today so maybe he can turn it around quickly.

vCash
    I was talking about our picks out of there. And Polumalu is significantly over rated.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Yeah he passed his conditioning today. He's off the NFI list and active.

vCash
    Oh ok but Troy is not overrated. In his prime he was amazing. Dude was everywhere. But he's old now. Definitely not the same player.

I was talking about our picks out of there. And Polumalu is significantly over rated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    Oh ok but Troy is not overrated. In his prime he was amazing. Dude was everywhere. But he's old now. Definitely not the same player.
    I still hate USC and there products regardless because they have been nothing but bad luck for us excluding Keyshawn and Mcknight when is he on special teams. Franchise QB out of USC complete opposite of what he is supposed to be he is the lead clown on our circus

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    A couple things:

#1, the problem a lot of times with players from USC is that in college, most of them can "out athlete" most of the competition they face. Then when they get to the pros, their lack of full football ability is exposed and many don't pan out.

#2-- With McKnight, I would be so hesitent to cut him. I believe he adds a huge element on special teams; he can take any return "to the house" and he gives the Jets great field position a lot of the times. I also believed he was mis-used last year by Sparano; at a time when the Jets were very devoid of special offensive players, Sparano refused to get McKnight on the field as much as necessary. There were many games where it seemed like McKnight was getting 10, 15 yards everytime he touched the football.

But come on Joe; you are in serious danger of not making the team with Goodson, Ivory, Powell, etc and you come to camp and can't pass your conditioning test? Not good my friend!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN 3m
    Anthony Lynn said McKnight was on NFI for undisclosed medical issue, but that he is in excellent physical condition. #nyj

ooops! lol

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    I have high hopes for McKnight like a couple others have said he brings a huge aspect to the team especially on special teams and as a change of pace back. He's absolutely our biggest threat in the open field and I'm hoping one of these years he puts it all together and becomes the leon washington type we were hoping for when we drafted him.

12. 07-26-2013, 03:21 PM
    Reason
    baiting/quoting deleted posts

vCash
    JXD, you are a hypocrite dear sir.

TATAR SAUCE

14. 07-27-2013, 10:02 AM
    Reason
    baiting/quoting deleted posts

vCash
    JXD, you are a hypocrite dear sir.
    I'm sorry, are you also calling ME an idiot? If so, what for? Please explain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I'm sorry, are you also calling ME an idiot? If so, what for? Please explain.
    Well, it turns out it had nothing to do with conditioning it was some other aliment. We shouldn't jump to conclusions. And why send him to the scrapheap? He did some good things on special teams.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    This thread is now closed.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary