Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Hitting Woes

vCash

Hitting Woes

At what point does Management have to start looking a Dave Magadan for termination? This team hasn't really hit like they did when Clint Hurdle was here, but scoring 17 runs in a 7 game home stand in July is simply unacceptable. Thoughts?

vCash
    They lost Hamilton and Napoli, did you not think the offense would be worse?

Elvis is just having an off year, Murphy is showing he isn't an every day player.

Blaming the hitting coach is so short sighted. Magadan is known as one of the best hitting minds in baseball.

vCash
    They just don't have enough offensive talent. Magadan can't just generate power from players. He's not BALCO.

vCash
    then he needs to start sharing his thoughts with the rest of the team.

vCash
    They have two hitters with power Beltre and Cruz.Ian Kinsler is very inconsistent and Moreland,Murphy and Andrus are having off years you can not blame Magadan for players down years.We just need a little more pop and consistent hitters and we will be fine.I said when the year started we should have traded Profar are Kinsler and three are four prospects for Stanton.We just need to add a few bats and see if we can make the playoffs if not we can try to resign Garza and have a very good rotation for the next three or four years.Yu Darvish,Matt Harrison,Matt Garza,Derek Holland,and either Alexi Oganda or Martin Perez would be the best rotation in baseball.

vCash
    Yes indeed we should have traded Profar when he was considered the best prospect in baseball. We don't get full value from him as a corner outfielder and Kinsler and Andrus don't appear to be going anywhere. What use is he if not used as currency to bring in some serious offensive fire power (Stanton). On another note there is something mechanically wrong with Elvis's swing to only have 1 homerun in the past 300 games. The dude is not skinny, he if fairly well built. Something is wrong with his bat speed as it doesn't seem as though he is breaking his wrists correctly e.g. no snap. You should luck into a homerun 5 times a year for gods sake

vCash
    I mean eventually you guys have to have seen that this would happen. You can't let your entire offense walk then expect to be able to keep up. They went from having the most feared best offense in baseball to mediocrity in a couple of years.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    I see AJ as a decent replacement for Napoli.
    the problem is they didn't do anything to replace Hamilton.
    for all his warts/flaws he provided big power and run production.
    martin/gentry/murphy can't equal his best production combined.
    this team needs a bat and it appears that the DH spot is open.