Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Which painfull goodbyes will there be next year?

Emery has stated the team cannot renegotiate and resign Gould because they have no money left.
    Emery said that they wont resign any players intill the offseason because of the salary cap.
    Posters on PSD have shown how to resign players to lower the cap hits. I think Emery is blowing a little smoke.
    I think he is going to let alot of vested Players hit free agency and not resign them to make the team more his lSimilar to the way Angelo did when he came here.
    Which players do you forsee Emery letting walk?

I predict, (sadly) The following players will be gone next year so that emery will be able to rebuild.

Charles Tillman
    Tim Jennings
    Henry Melton
    Devin Hester
    Robbie Gould
    Roberto Garza
    Julius Peppers

50/50 Jay Cutler as well.

I think the days of career contracts are over.
    Last edited by sdrobert; 07-25-2013 at 05:52 PM.

vCash
    Here are our current cap hits.

2013 - 123 million
    2014- 82 million
    2015- 64 million
    2016- 22 million

vCash
    2014 Chicago Browns

our future

vCash
    I mean of all those players listed, which one of them really have long careers outside of Chicago? Peppers is going to lose a step sooner than later, Tillman maybe, but he's not destined for much longer, all those guys aren't really long term commitments. Cutler might be, but if he fizzles this season, I don't see why Chicago would be so obligated to throw him the top dollar. I totally agree with waiting and seeing with all these guys. Maybe this is the year Peppers slows down, who knows. You are much better off waiting and seeing, you just never know what situation might arise. Last thing the Bears need is to finally realize this team needs to rebuild and you're all of a sudden cap strapped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdrobert View Post
    Emery has stated the team cannot renegotiate and resign Gould because they have no money left.
    Emery said that they wont resign any players intill the offseason because of the salary cap.
    Posters on PSD have shown how to resign players to lower the cap hits. I think Emery is blowing a little smoke.
    I think he is going to let alot of vested Players hit free agency and not resign them to make the team more his lSimilar to the way Angelo did when he came here.
    Which players do you forsee Emery letting walk?

I predict, (sadly) The following players will be gone next year so that emery will be able to rebuild.

Charles Tillman
    Tim Jennings
    Henry Melton
    Devin Hester
    Robbie Gould
    Roberto Garza
    Julius Peppers

50/50 Jay Cutler as well.

I think the days of career contracts are over.
    I see no reason not to let Hester go now. I am not convinced he will all of the sudden return to his old self in the return game. This could clear up some money for other needs.

Peppers is clearly the biggest financial drain. He makes the most sense to get rid of (still good but not $$$$ good)

Unless Cutler fails I think he will be re-signed. I can't see the Bears drafting or trading for a better alternative next year. If he does well it will be a big payday. If he only does OK we should offer him what he is worth (maybe some other team out-bids us).
    I'm not as think as you bad off I am...
    I have a split personality, and so do I.

vCash
    Emery is playing this correctly, IMO.

Sure it's sad to see long time players retire, get traded, or move on in FA. But that's the biz. The Bears have several players long in the tooth & players who aren't who they used to be. Emery wants to build a team, every GM wants to, that's their job. He's waiting to see how JC & Melton gel with the regime before handing out large amounts of cash. That's smart. He doesn't have to commit, and I'm glad he's not.

Time will tell, but our new GM won't make a move to be liked by the fans, players, and possibly even the coaches. He makes moves to better the team. Several one year deals have been handed out and I expect to see more in the future.

This is a new age, and I like it... a lot.

vCash
    Melton, Tillman, Jennings, Hester, Garza, and (maybe) Peppers are gone after this year, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Melton Jennings hester garza and peppers gone

vCash
    The Melton situation is the first FA issue I have had with Emery. Letting Melton walk is unacceptable IMO and that is where it is headed because another FT is probably out of the question. Jennings is 100% gone IMO. If he has another season like last season he is going to want a pay day. I'm not sure he will find it but he will be looking. I also don't think sinking 15M or more in to the CB position is smart cap management. Tillman, Peppers, and Cutler are the only ones that I think will be back.

vCash
    Unless Shea shows really well, I see no way that Emery can justify cutting Peppers; especially if he is going to let Melton hit the market. If Melton and Peppers go without massive improvement from Shea then Rodgers and Stafford could probably be on a sun dial and still find open WRs.

vCash
    So we'll have 0 corners?

Absolutely no chance one of those two aren't resigned.

vCash
    Oh and letting Melton walk, especially for nothing is ****ing stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    So we'll have 0 corners?

Absolutely no chance one of those two aren't resigned.
    ... and I think that should be an easy decision. Tillman stays and Jennings walks. Tillman could be a FT candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Unless Shea shows really well, I see no way that Emery can justify cutting Peppers; especially if he is going to let Melton hit the market. If Melton and Peppers go without massive improvement from Shea then Rodgers and Stafford could probably be on a sun dial and still find open WRs.
    Yeah, only one of our DL guys will be gone. I'm more inclined to think we work something out with Melton, but we'll see.

At any rate, we're going to see a lot of significant, 5+ year vets gone after this season I'd imagine.

vCash
    I really question why we didn't take a DT or CB in this year's draft. Looking at it, if Melton AND Tillman leave, this defense will go down the drain in a hurry. We have no depth at DT IMO. This is a make or break year for Paea IMO and Collins is a good 3/4 DT. Tillman is our corner stone at CB and need to him playing in the North especially with Patterson coming in for the Vikings, we need that size and mental/physical toughness. I don't mind letting Jennings walk, but I think we need to lock down Tillman for 3 or so more years.

We are in a very crucial spot right now, I just hope Emery doesn't train wreck this.
    No ideas for the moment.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast