6 40.00%
  • GMs

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

NFL All-Time Redraft Voting: #2 Steelers vs. #3 All-Stars

#2 Steelers:

Offense

QB: Peyton Manning(4-time AP NFL MVP, #8 on the NFL Network's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, 2012 AP Comeback Player of the Year, 2000s All Decade Team, Super Bowl XLI MVP and champion, 2005 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year, 12-time Pro Bowler, 6-time 1st Team All Pro, Arguably the greatest NFL QB ever)
    FB: Ernie Nevers(Inaugural member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, #89 on the NFL Network's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, All Time Two-Way Team, 1920s All Decade Team, 5-time All Pro in only 5 seasons played, Pop Warner called him "the football player without a fault" and compared him favorably to his former player Jim Thorpe)
    RB: Gale Sayers(1st Ballot Hall of Famer, 75th Anniversary All Time Team at RB and KR, #22 on the NFL Network's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, #22 on TSN's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, #2 on NFL Network's Top 10 Most Elusive Runners of All Time, 1960s All Decade Team, 4-time Pro Bowler and 5-time 1st Team All Pro from 1965-1969, 3-time Pro Bowl MVP, Averaged 5.0 yards per carry over his career)
    RB2: Ottis Anderson(1979 AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, 1989 AP NFL Comeback Player of the Year, 1990 Super Bowl MVP, 13335 career combined rushing/receiving yards is good for 34th all time, 86 career rushing/receiving TDs is good for 37th all time, 2-time Pro Bowler, 1-time 1st Team All Pro, 1 of only 27 players with 10000 or more rushing yards)
    FL: Paul Warfield(1st Ballot Hall of Famer, 1970's All Decade Team, #71 on the NFL Network's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, #60 on TSN's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, 8-time Pro Bowler, 2-time 1st Team All Pro, Career 20.1 yard per reception avg, 13th All Time with 85 career Receiving TDs)
    LT: Walter Jones(2005 NFL Alumni Offensive Lineman of the Year, 2000s All Decade Team, 9-time Pro Bowler, 4-time 1st Team All Pro, Allowed a total of 23 sacks and called for 9 penalties in 180 career starts, Mike Holmgren called Jones "the best offensive player I ever coached", Seahawks' 35th Anniversary Team)
    LG: Wilbur "Pete" Henry(Inaugural Class Hall of Fame; All Time Two-Way Team; 1920's All Decade Team; 4-time 1st Team All Pro; 2-time NFL Champion; Per Hall of Fame website, blocked with monotonous efficiency, had swift reflexes, was versatile on the OL and once reportedly drop-kicked a 45-yard field goal and boomed a 94-yard punt -- longest in NFL history)
    C: Dwight Stephenson(Pro Football Hall of Fame, Sports Illustrated NFL All Century Team, #84 on TSN's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, #101 on the NFL Network's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, 1980s All Decade Team, 1985 NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year, 5-time Pro Bowler, 4-time 1st Team All Pro, Bear Bryant called Stephenson the best player he ever coached)
    RG: Larry Little(Pro Football Hall of Fame, #79 on TSN's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, 1970s All Decade Team, 3-time NFL Players' Association AFC O-Lineman of the Year, Best pulling RG of All Time, 5-time Pro Bowler, 5-time 1st Team All Pro)
    RT: Bob "Geek" St. Clair(Pro Football Hall of Fame, 1950s All Decade Team, 5-time Pro Bowler, 9-time All Pro, San Francisco 49ers retired his #79 jersey, Massive size for his time -- the '50s -- at 6'9" 263 lbs)
    TE: Pete Retzlaff(1965 NFL Bert Bell(MVP) award, Eagles' Hall of Fame & #44 retired by Eagles, 5-time Pro Bowler & 1-time 1st Team All Pro(3 & 1 as a TE), Averaged 898 receiving yards and 7 TDs in his 4 seasons as a TE)
    SE: Art Powell(In 117 career games, averaged 68.8 yards/game -- 20th best total in pro football history, AFL All Time team, 4-time Pro Bowler, 2-time 1st Team All Pro, 3-time 2nd Team All Pro, 81 career receiving TDs is 21st most in pro football history)
    Slot WR: Henry Ellard(3-time Pro Bowler, 2-time 1st Team All Pro, 7 1000 receiving yard seasons in his career, 814 career receptions, 10th All Time with 13777 career receiving yards, 65 career receiving TDs, Career 11.3 yards per punt return -- 21st best average in history)
    4th WR: Lionel Taylor(1st pro wide receiver to record a 100 catch season, Led the AFL in receptions 5 times in a 6 year span, 3-time Pro Bowler, 4-time 1st Team All Pro)

Defense

LDE: Michael Strahan(2013 NFL HOF finalist, 2000s All Decade Team, #7 on NFL Network's Top 10 Pass Rushers in NFL history, #99 on the NFL Network's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, 2001 NFL Defensive Player of the Year, 5th All Time with 141.5 sacks, 7-time Pro Bowler, 4-time 1st Team All Pro)
    DT: Bill Willis(Pro football Hall of Fame, 1940s All Decade Team, 1 of 4 African Americans to break the pro football color barrier in 1946, 3-time Pro Bowler, 8-time All Pro in 8 seasons played, Lightning fast and devastating tackler)
    DT: Haloti Ngata(4-time Pro Bowler, 2-time 1st Team All Pro, 3-time 2nd Team All Pro, Extremely versatile beast of a defensive lineman that has lined up as a 3-4 DE, 3-4 NT and 4-2 & 4-3 DT in the Ravens' hybrid defensive fronts)
    RDE: Hugh Douglas(1995 NFL AP Defensive Rookie of the Year, 80 Career sacks in 138 career games, 2000 NFL Alumni Pass Rusher of the Year, 3-time Pro Bowler, 1-time 1st Team All Pro, 1-time 2nd Team All Pro)
    OLB: Dave Robinson(Pro Football Hall of Fame, 1960s All Decade Team, 5-time NFL/Super Bowl Champion, Packers' Hall of Fame, 1967 Pro Bowl MVP, 3-time Pro Bowler, 1st Team All NFL '67-'69)
    MLB: "Concrete" Chuck Bednarik(1st Ballot Hall of Famer, #35 on the NFL Network's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, #54 on TSN's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, All Time 2-Way Team, 1950s All Decade Team, 8-time Pro Bowler, 5-time 1st Team All Pro)
    OLB: Clay Matthews(2012 Hall of Fame Semi-Finalist, PFR 1980s All Decade Team, 4-time Pro Bowler, 3-time 2nd Team All Pro, 69.5 Career sacks, 27 Career Forced fumbles, 16 Career INTs
    LCB: Louis Wright(1970s All Decade Team, Denver Broncos 50th Anniversary Team, 1977 Football Digest DB of the Year, 5-time Pro Bowler, 2-time 1st Team All Pro, True lockdown cornerback that also excelled as a run defender)
    FS: Johnny "Blood" McNally(Inaugural Class Pro Football Hall of Fame; 1930s All Decade Team; Officially 3-time All NFL; 4-time NFL Champion; Per HOF website, McNally "was unbelievably fast" and "on defense he was a ball hawk and deadly tackler")
    SS: John Lynch(2013 HOF Semi-finalist, 2000 NFL Alumni DB of the Year, #10 on NFL Network's Top 10 Most Feared Tacklers in NFL history, PFR 2000s All Decade Team, 9-time Pro Bowler, 2-time 1st Team All Pro)
    RCB: Charles Woodson(2000s All Decade Team, 1998 Defensive Rookie of the Year, 2009 Defensive Player of the Year, 8-time Pro Bowler, 3-time 1st Team All Pro)
    Nickelback: Dale Carter(1992 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, 4-time Pro Bowler, 2-time 2nd Team All Pro)Will man RCB in nickel situations, with Woodson sliding into the slot
    Nickel DT: Trevor Pryce(Broncos' 50th Anniversary Team, 91 career sacks, 4-time Pro Bowler, 1-time 1st Team All Pro, 1-time 2nd Team All Pro)Will sub in for Ngata in nickel defense

Special Teams

K: Gary Anderson(1980s All Decade Team, 1990s All Decade Team, 4-time Pro Bowler, 1-time 1st Team All Pro, Steelers' All Time Team, 1998 Co-NFL Alumni Special Teams Player of the Year, Went a combined 94-94 on FGs and XPs in 1998)
    P: Jeff Feagles(King of the "coffin corner" punt, with 497 career punts leaving the opponent inside the 20; 2-time Pro Bowler; Extremely durable, playing in 352 straight games)
    KR: Gale Sayers(1st Ballot Hall of Famer, 75th Anniversary All Time Team at RB and KR, #22 on the NFL Network's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, #22 on TSN's 100 Greatest Players of All Time, #2 on NFL Network's Top 10 Most Elusive Runners of All Time, Sports Illustrated NFL All Century Team, 1960s All Decade Team, 4-time Pro Bowler and 5-time 1st Team All Pro from 1965-1969, 3-time Pro Bowl MVP, Averaged 5.0 yards per carry over his career)
    PR: Henry Ellard(3-time Pro Bowler, 2-time 1st Team All Pro, 7 1000 receiving yard seasons in his career, 814 career receptions, 10th All Time with 13777 career receiving yards, 65 career receiving TDs, Career 11.3 yards per punt return -- 21st best average in history)
    Gunner/Special Teams Captain: Steve Tasker(Inarguably the greatest gunner in the history of the game, 6-time Hall of Fame Semi-finalist, 7-time Pro Bowler, 1995 NFL Alumni Special Teams Player of the Year, Buffalo Bills 50th Anniversary Team, 1992 Pro Bowl MVP, #9 on NFL Network's Top 10 Players not in the Hall of Fame, Marv Levy once called Tasker "the most important man on the Bills roster")
    #3 All-Stars:

Roster:
    QB: Joe Namath; Hall of Fame, SN's 96th best player, NFLN's 100th best player, AFL All-Time Team, 1x SB MVP, 2x AFL MVP
    HB: Barry Sanders; Hall of Fame, SN's 12th best player, NFLN's 17th best player, 4x rushing champion, 90's Decade Team
    FB: Tuffy Leemans; Hall of Fame, 30's Decade Team, 2x Pro-Bowl, 7x All-Pro
    TE: Tony Gonzalez; NFL.com 45th Best Player, 13x Pro-Bowl, 10x All-Pro, 00's Decade Team, Holds every career TE receiving record
    WR: Lance Alworth; Hall of Fame, SN's 31st best player, NFLN's 38th best player, NFL 75th Anniversary Team, AFL All-Time Team
    WR: Charlie Joiner; Hall of Fame, SN's 100th best player, 3x Pro-Bowl, 1x All-Pro, 18th Career Receiving Yards
    Slot: Jim Thorpe; Hall of Fame, SN's 88th best player, NFLN's 37th best player, Voted Greatest Athlete of the 1st Half of 20th Century
    LT: Roosevelt Brown; Hall of Fame, 75th Anniversary Team, 60's Decade Team, SN's 57th best player, 9x All-Pro, 6x All-Pro
    LG: Steve Hutchinson; 7x Pro-Bowl, 7x All-Pro, 00's Decade Team, 2x NFL Alumni Offensive Lineman of the Year
    OC: George Trafton; Hall of Fame, 6x All-Pro, 20's Decade Team, 1st Center to snap with one hand
    RG: Dan Fortmann; Hall of Fame, 3x Pro-Bowl, 8x All-Pro, Earned a Medical Degree During the Off-Season
    RT: Joe Stydahar; Hall of Fame, 4x Pro-Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 30's Decade Team, 4x NFL Champion

LE: Cedrick Hardman; 2x Pro-Bowl, 2x All-NFL, 120 career sacks (Unofficial)
    UT: Arnie Weinmeister; Hall of Fame, 4x Pro-Bowl, Made All-Pro team every season of his career (6 Times)
    NT: Leo Nomellini; Hall of Fame, 10x Pro-Bowl, 9x All-Pro, 50's Decade Team
    RE: Andy Robustelli; Hall of Fame, 7x Pro-Bowl, 10x All-Pro, 1962 Bert Bell Award (MVP), 111 career sacks (Unofficial)
    SAM: George Connor; Hall of Fame, 4x Pro-Bowl, 4x All-Pro, 40's Decade Team
    MIKE: Tommy Nobis; 5x Pro-Bowl, 2x All-Pro, 60's Decade Team, 294 Tackles in 1966 (Single Season Record)
    WILL: Keith Brooking; 5x Pro-Bowl, 2x All-Pro
    CB: Mel Renfro; Hall of Fame, 10x Pro-Bowl (Consecutive), 5x All-Pro, 52 Career INT's, 2x Super Bowl Champion
    SS: Joey Browner; 6x Pro-Bowl, 4x All-Pro, 80's Decade Team
    FS: Earl "Dutch" Clark; Hall of Fame, 6x All-Pro, 30's Decade Team, Member of Inaugural Hall of Fame Class
    CB: Jim Thorpe; Hall of Fame, SN's 88th Best Player, NFLN's 37th best player, Voted Greatest Athlete of the 1st Half of 20th Century
    Nickle: Nnamdi Asomugha; 4x All-Pro, 3x Pro-Bowl, Member of Fox Sports & USA Today's All-Decade Team (2000's)

Back-Ups:
    HB: George McAfee; Hall of Fame, 40's Decade Team, Nicknamed "1-Play McAfee" for big play ability
    DE: Fred Dryer; 1x Pro-Bowl, 103 career sacks
    LB: Mike Stratton; AFL All-Time Team, 6x AFL All-Star, Bills Wa

K: Jan Stenerud; Hall of Fame, NFL 75th Anniversary Team, 4x Pro-Bowl, 7x All-Pro, 3x All-AFL
    P: Jim Thorpe; Hall of Fame, considered one of the best punters of his era
    KOS: Jan Stenerud; Hall of Fame
    KR: Allen Rossum; 2nd Career Kick Return Yards, 8th Career Kick Return Touchdowns, 1x Pro-Bowl
    PR: George McAfee; Hall of Fame, 12.8 Yards/Punt Return (5th All-Time)
    Steelers have home field advantage.

vCash
    This is crazy close. I need some time to think about this one. I'm back-and-forth between these two teams.

vCash
    I think Thorpe at Slot is a terrible idea...just saying.

I'm voting GMs bc I can't pick and don't want to be swayed later and change my original thinking.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    I finally decided on the All-Stars. It's REALLY, REALLY close. Both teams have phenomenal OLs. The offenses are quite similar, although I do like Peyton much more than Namath, who I think is pretty overrated. That being said, I liked the DL and the CBs for the All-Stars better than I did for the Steelers. I think that pushed me over the top (plus Barry is better than Sayers), but both teams are really very good.

vCash
    I truly don't know ill check in and see if someone convinced me one way or the other.

vCash
    Man hard choice

vCash
    I love the All Americans and know this would be a brutal match-up. My only real hang-up is that all of those weapons would be fairly impotent with Namath at QB. He simply wouldn't be capable of utilizing them to their fullest. Otherwise awesome team Ramon I'd pay to watch this game.....

BloodHawk is Da Man!

Steelers All Time Team

vCash
    Damn 6-6

vCash
    Draw. You both lose.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Homie what's decision?

vCash
    I'm going to give it to All-Stars based on the fact that one of the voters for the Steelers is a Steelers fan that has zero posts on PSD.

vCash
    Not really my fault
    But Ramon also got the majority of the very few GMs that posted as well. Great team Ramon

BloodHawk is Da Man!

Steelers All Time Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain View Post
    Not really my fault
    But Ramon also got the majority of the very few GMs that posted as well. Great team Ramon
    I beat SC (Kinda)

And you too, as always. Only reason my team is worth anything is because of you schooling me (and others) in this game all those years.

I also didn't realize this was even up until right now

Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I think Thorpe at Slot is a terrible idea...just saying.

I'm voting GMs bc I can't pick and don't want to be swayed later and change my original thinking.
    Why?
    Last edited by Ramon Nivar; 07-28-2013 at 09:39 PM.

vCash
    Because there's no evidence he was a good route runner or receiver?

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Well that logic can be used for pretty much everything Thorpe did. Although it is a safe bet he wasn't a good route runner considering his era. It is also a safe bet that he could learn considering he is often considered such an amazing athlete.

He could pass and catch passes with the best, punt long distances and kick field goals either by dropkick or placekick.
    HoF Page. Good enough for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast