Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Derrick Rose: "I'm the best in the NBA"

CHICAGO -- It has taken Derrick Rose more than a year to recover from the physical effects of a torn ACL in his knee, but his mentality appears to be in midseason form.

When asked by CNN's Pedro Pinto in an interview who the best player in the NBA is right now, the former MVP did not hesitate with his answer.

"Derrick Rose," the 24-year-old answered confidently.

The fact that Rose answered that way won't surprise those close to him. Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau and general manager Gar Forman both said recently that the star point guard is feeling great and is ready to start the season.

"There will be an adjustment period, but I'm not anticipating there being any problems," Thibodeau told ESPNChicago.com last week during the Las Vegas Summer League of getting Rose back into the swing of things during the preseason. "His overall strength is terrific. He's put a lot of work into his body. I know he's anxious to get out there and play. He's played some pickup but not a lot, but he feels great, and that's the most important thing."

Thibodeau also noted that Rose likely would play the regular starters' minutes during the preseason.

"We'll see once we get to training camp, and we're going to have an opportunity to get some work done in the fall, but we have to keep in mind he's been out an extended amount of time," Thibodeau said. "So the preseason -- and we look at training camp as the entire month, not just a week -- we'll move him along accordingly. We'll see what he can handle. I think there's going to be some rust initially, but I fully expect him to get back to [being] the player we all know that he is."

There's obviously no doubt in Rose's mind that he can return to being that player. Rose did acknowledge in the CNN interview that the toughest person to guard in the league is four-time MVP and two-time NBA champion LeBron James.

"I would have to say LeBron," Rose said. "A 6-foot-8 guy that's 250 [pounds]. What do you think?"
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...est-player-nba
    A message to Lebron haters

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24
    I wasted too much of my time rooting against other superstars, and started the LeBron era hating him too. I'm glad I got over this, because I think he is unlike anything the game has ever seen...and to be robbed of enjoying that because I hate his greatness would be awful.

vCash
    See I have nothing wrong with a player saying they are the best... but that's usually when there isn't a number 1 overall consensus and that's lebron James... I would
    have acknowledged my competition.. Admitted he is the best currently but stated that I'm gunning for him. This just makes him sound delusional..

You're coming off a year on the bench after a certain someone has went back to back with 2 finals MVPs and regular season MVPs?? LOL this just made me laugh

vCash
    This thread wont end well..

vCash
    Truth.

vCash
    No... No he isnt. Its not even an opinion but fact... He is not close to James or Durant even when healthy... Now he sits out for 28 years after an injury and thinks he is the best? Silly.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    I don't disagree with Rose at all. He is the best. Nobody keeps the bench as warm and toasty as Derrick Rose. We're talking about the best bench warmer right?

vCash
    Hope he comes back looking the way he did before so we can have Lebron show him again who the best is.

vCash
    I guess its good to have confidence, but hes kind of trending a line between confident and delusional. .Bron is coming off a 2 year stretch only comparable to MJ..4 MVPS last 5 years, 2 back to back Finals MVPS, a case could even be made he deserved the MVP 2011 but we wont go there..LBJ PER has been historic. W/E we will see what happens and who is smiling in June

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carlthack View Post
    I don't disagree with Rose at all. He is the best. Nobody keeps the bench as warm and toasty as Derrick Rose. We're talking about the best bench warmer right?
    A message to Lebron haters

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24
    I wasted too much of my time rooting against other superstars, and started the LeBron era hating him too. I'm glad I got over this, because I think he is unlike anything the game has ever seen...and to be robbed of enjoying that because I hate his greatness would be awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carlthack View Post
    I bet that sounded funny in your head right?

vCash
    If so why did he get shut down by Lebron James in the Eastern Conference finals? Guy is delusional.

vCash
    I always laugh when people make these threads about a player they dislike calling themselves the best. These guys are professional athletes of course they think they are. For people on a sports forum you think there would be some common sense here but next month there will be another one of these threads bashing a player for calling himself the best.

vCash
    Rose isn't even a top 10 player anymore. It's funny how the Bulls were a better team without Rose.

vCash
    Too wild, relies on his athleticism to make plays, doesn't let the game come to him.

LeBron is athletic, but he's intelligent, he's patient and not frantic like Rose.

vCash
    DRose can be the MVP again if he comes back 101% because you know LBJ and Durant will be 100%

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast