Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,466
    vCash
    1500

    Jets place Santonio Holmes and 4 others on the PUP list

    http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/santon...other-players/

    We saw this coming and it's just scaring me. We are going to be working with a depleted WR corps going into camp. I don't like Holmes but he is the best we got and it's not good. Spadola, Hazelton, I don't care who someone has to step up in TC.


    Worried about Rontez Miles too because we need competition at the safety position at the as well. I wish them a quick recovery.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    14,945
    vCash
    1500
    I worry some with Holmes, but I also look at it as an opportunity like you say for guys like Spadola, Hazelton, and people like that to step up and make plays.

    The one that worries me more than Holmes is Stephen Hill. We need that guy to step up big time and show why he was a 2nd round draft choice
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,466
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I worry some with Holmes, but I also look at it as an opportunity like you say for guys like Spadola, Hazelton, and people like that to step up and make plays.

    The one that worries me more than Holmes is Stephen Hill. We need that guy to step up big time and show why he was a 2nd round draft choice
    The only thing I don't like about SHill is his damn hands and you need to have hands to play the WR position in the NFL. It's a skill that you have or don't have you can't improve it, I just hope he can prove me otherwise.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,592
    vCash
    1400
    just got an update from team stream... Holmes may not play this season?!?!? "I have to do what the foot says" what da fuq
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

    NYK
    #3ToTheHead


    NYY

    27

    Get Up!!!

    http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,474
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ - NYY View Post
    just got an update from team stream... Holmes may not play this season?!?!? "I have to do what the foot says" what da fuq
    Honestly, I'd take with a grain of salt. He hates the media and enjoys ****ing with them.

    Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    Posts
    54,870
    vCash
    1500
    There are multiple free agents (Moore, Winston before yesterday, Bradshaw before he signed or McGahee sharing carries with Ivory, Lloyd, Abraham in a 4 man front with Mo moving inside, Parker in the same situation, Rhodes, and Leach are the obvious ones) who can probably start for this team and probably wouldn't command an insane amount of money. The Jets priority this year isn't winning as many games as possible.

    And that's fine. You need to balance your present against your future. But if the Jets weren't ready to win this year, and they knew Holmes' foot might be a problem, they should have cut him instead of reworking his deal. Even if he starts on the PUP and is activated week 6, that isn't worth keeping. They could have cut Holmes before June 1st. They had the cap room to take the hit, since they weren't planning on signing anyone big anyway. And then, they would have been done with him. They could have signed his replacement next offseason and been in a better position moving forward. If he's not ready to play week 1, then this was a big misstep.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,466
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    There are multiple free agents (Moore, Winston before yesterday, Bradshaw before he signed or McGahee sharing carries with Ivory, Lloyd, Abraham in a 4 man front with Mo moving inside, Parker in the same situation, Rhodes, and Leach are the obvious ones) who can probably start for this team and probably wouldn't command an insane amount of money. The Jets priority this year isn't winning as many games as possible.

    And that's fine. You need to balance your present against your future. But if the Jets weren't ready to win this year, and they knew Holmes' foot might be a problem, they should have cut him instead of reworking his deal. Even if he starts on the PUP and is activated week 6, that isn't worth keeping. They could have cut Holmes before June 1st. They had the cap room to take the hit, since they weren't planning on signing anyone big anyway. And then, they would have been done with him. They could have signed his replacement next offseason and been in a better position moving forward. If he's not ready to play week 1, then this was a big misstep.
    I'd love Kerry Rhodes... But I doubt he comes back... With Berry down and 2 young safeties excluding Landry he would be a big boost and he was a good jet.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,466
    vCash
    1500
    It's also cool that you brought up Kerry Rhodes... He would be an instant impact for our safety corps and with Dawan Landry that is 2 plausible safeties... Rex didn't like Kerry though which is why I don't see it happening unfortunately but it would improve our defense right away and Kerry is still in his prime at 30.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    7,539
    vCash
    1500
    I get the feeling that Holmes will not play until the las few games, it we are bad.
    He will be back around the middle if we are on the hump.
    He will get better quickly if we are good.

    I can't stand him. I can't wait till he's gone from this team.

    What's wrong with Miles?



    This little piggie went wee-wee-wee all over himself.

    But how? How does it wee?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    The only thing I don't like about SHill is his damn hands and you need to have hands to play the WR position in the NFL. It's a skill that you have or don't have you can't improve it, I just hope he can prove me otherwise.
    How is catching a skill you have or don't have?

    I think catching is one of the sills a WR can improve on.

    First they can learn focus on the football and not take a peak at what lies ahead. A lot of drops can be attributed to a WR seeing the safety ready to take them down, or the WR trying to figure out where he is going to run. If they build good chemistry with the QB, some of this alleviated because they already know what is going to happen

    Second, nerves play a role. Hill being a HR guy probably gets a lot of time with ball in the air. To him, it may feel like an eternity before the ball gets to him. Sometimes that quick slant where the ball is in your chest right when you whip your head around is easier to catch than that deep post or fly pattern. More and more game action can help that. Lets not forget, Hill in college wasn't thrown to too much, he doesn't have a lot of experience. Lets not fool ourselves, we know this and that is why he was a 2nd rounder.

    Third, catching style can be adjusted. Does he catch with his body like Keyshawn or does he not use his hands correctly. These are adjustments the coaches have him work on, along with using his body to create separation from the defender. I would imagine catching a football without a hand in your face is easier.

    Lastly, just keep practicing. Constantly working on football jug will only help.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    There are multiple free agents (Moore, Winston before yesterday, Bradshaw before he signed or McGahee sharing carries with Ivory, Lloyd, Abraham in a 4 man front with Mo moving inside, Parker in the same situation, Rhodes, and Leach are the obvious ones) who can probably start for this team and probably wouldn't command an insane amount of money. The Jets priority this year isn't winning as many games as possible.

    And that's fine. You need to balance your present against your future. But if the Jets weren't ready to win this year, and they knew Holmes' foot might be a problem, they should have cut him instead of reworking his deal. Even if he starts on the PUP and is activated week 6, that isn't worth keeping. They could have cut Holmes before June 1st. They had the cap room to take the hit, since they weren't planning on signing anyone big anyway. And then, they would have been done with him. They could have signed his replacement next offseason and been in a better position moving forward. If he's not ready to play week 1, then this was a big misstep.
    I don't see how that makes the Jets not willing to win this year. At least they have to potential to bring him out and contribute. Your plan offers no hope of that yet you claim they don't want to win. Your plan lessens that chance. Keep in mind that Holmes still has incentive to play for that next contract.

    I also don't agree that the Jets categorically have given up on this season because of their unwillingness to sign the aforementioned drifters you list. But that's your opinion. I don't see how Abraham would fit on this team. Coples is the rush guy with Barnes likely playing the strong side. Leach? Why? Does he catch the ball? No. Rhodes? Again, why? He didn't want to do the dirty necessary work when he was here. I don't particularly like your options as being savior-like moves to show the Jets are "serious" about winning. But that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 07-31-2013 at 07:35 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,000
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ - NYY View Post
    just got an update from team stream... Holmes may not play this season?!?!? "I have to do what the foot says" what da fuq
    Link?


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ - NYY View Post
    just got an update from team stream... Holmes may not play this season?!?!? "I have to do what the foot says" what da fuq
    Say WHAT?!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    7,539
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    Say WHAT?!
    I said it earlier.
    If we get off to a good start, he will play within the first 3 or 4 games and trash any chemistry we have.
    If we start slow, he will play the last few games just to show he's healed and can still play.

    I think the Jets should be preemptive and just keep him on the pup list no matter what. If he wants to play this game, don't let him. I'm sure he would ***** and moan that the jets want to keep him off the field but who cares at this point. He's a horrible teammate.



    This little piggie went wee-wee-wee all over himself.

    But how? How does it wee?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Suffern, NY
    Posts
    131
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I said it earlier.
    If we get off to a good start, he will play within the first 3 or 4 games and trash any chemistry we have.
    If we start slow, he will play the last few games just to show he's healed and can still play.

    I think the Jets should be preemptive and just keep him on the pup list no matter what. If he wants to play this game, don't let him. I'm sure he would ***** and moan that the jets want to keep him off the field but who cares at this point. He's a horrible teammate.
    Honestly I know the guy has a bad wrap from his previous actions, but I think a lot of Jets fans hate towards Santonio is driven by the media. I think the media spins everything this guy does in a negative lite. The media is the real demon for the Jets. It seems the Front Office thrives on any attention they get from the media good or bad.

    With tone playing in games we are a better team period, and don't believe pretty much anything the media says anymore... They are essentially tabloids now. This has nothing to do with football but just and example would be Stephen A Smith spouting rumors about melo to LA and now Lebron to NY. Just root for the Green and White and pray that whatever the Coaching Staff decides to do with Tone is the right move to make.

    "Let's be clear. Coples is not only the most physically gifted defensive lineman in the 2012 draft he's also the most talented senior prospect, regardless of position. "CBS Sports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •