Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,831
    vCash
    1500

    Minor League Thread 07/23/2013

    GCL Mets(6-21) lost 4-3.

    Smith 1-2, R, 2b, 2 BB, K, SB
    Becerra 2-4, R, K
    Urena 2-4, R, 2 K
    Wilson 0-4, 2 K
    Lupo 1-4, 2 RBI, 2 K

    http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...g_box&sid=milb

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,831
    vCash
    1500
    St. Lucie(54-41) won their 1st game of a DH 5-3.

    Boyd 0-3, R, BB
    Lawley 0-2, RBI, BB
    Vaughn 1-3, R, 3b, RBI
    Plawecki 1-3, R, RBI, SB

    Lara 5.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K

    http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...g_box&sid=milb

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,831
    vCash
    1500
    Tapia with another horrible outing walked 4 in just .2 IP. Now am starting to worry a bit because his command has be real bad of late. When is that bad is more than just him throwing his secondaries. I dunno if he is injured or what, but am a little concern.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,831
    vCash
    1500
    Robert Whalen who has been fantastic for Kingsport is at it again with 9 k's through 7 innings.

    I have mot read much on him, but earlier in the season I read he was around 88-90 mph.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,519
    vCash
    1500
    That game on ESPN in ST Tapia looked horrible. I think he's a reliever for sure where he can focus on his fastball and change-up command. Either that or they can raise his arm angle so a breaking ball becomes easier to throw.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,831
    vCash
    1500
    I would not label him yet, but when a guy starts to lose command like has it worries me a bit.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,519
    vCash
    1500
    His command was never really that good, he was just dominating Low-A hitters with his beast fastball.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Juan, PR.
    Posts
    3,642
    vCash
    1500
    Whalen and Flexen have been great. Gant and Gsellman too the pitching keeps coming for the Mets.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    His command was never really that good, he was just dominating Low-A hitters with his beast fastball.
    No, his command has always been good as his BB/9 innings has been 1.91, 2.88 and 2.65 in the minors when he has pitched significant innings. This is the first time aside from a SSS of 11 IP in 2010 when his BB/9 innings has been high.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,831
    vCash
    1500
    Flores is back and playing 1st base for Vegas.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,519
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    No, his command has always been good as his BB/9 innings has been 1.91, 2.88 and 2.65 in the minors when he has pitched significant innings. This is the first time aside from a SSS of 11 IP in 2010 when his BB/9 innings has been high.
    BB/9 is not = to command. That's control.

    More experienced hitters are laying off his balls out of the strike zone.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,519
    vCash
    1500
    Familia had a 2.3 BB/9 and 3.1 BB/9 before pitching in the FSL where his BB/9 ballooned to 5.5. And he was only 20. I sense a similar path for Tapia, except he's not striking out as many hitters.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    BB/9 is not = to command. That's control.

    More experienced hitters are laying off his balls out of the strike zone.
    It is relative because he was able to command his fastball low in the strike zone, it was not like he was throwing it out of the zone and guys fishing for it.

    Command and Control are relative to one another.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    55,519
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    It is relative because he was able to command his fastball low in the strike zone, it was not like he was throwing it out of the zone and guys fishing for it.

    Command and Control are relative to one another.
    How many starts have you seen to know that? I heard he threw a 4 seam up in the strike zone as well in Savannah. I think Tapia is a 2-pitch pitcher. Fastball/sinker and change-up. His slider is garbage.

    He and Germen throw from a similar arm angle, which is probably why neither can throw an effective breaking ball.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,831
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Familia had a 2.3 BB/9 and 3.1 BB/9 before pitching in the FSL where his BB/9 ballooned to 5.5. And he was only 20. I sense a similar path for Tapia, except he's not striking out as many hitters.
    Familia's command and control were question well before that year, while Tapia's control and command have not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •