Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

NBC To Broadcast NASCAR Starting in 2015

According to this report, NBC has beat ESPN and TNT to broadcast the second half of the Sprint Cup Series in 2015. Wonder how their coverage will be?

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/7/23/45...up-espn-turner
    Last edited by Utd7; 07-23-2013 at 03:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Utd7 View Post
    According to this report, NBC has beat Fox and TNT to broadcast the second half of the Sprint Cup Series in 2015. Wonder how their coverage will be?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NBC, give us a good broadcast team. No Adam Alexander. No Kyle Petty. Wally Dallenbach isn't too bad, but you can do better. Ricky Craven would be awesome on color. Maybe get Bob Jenkins out of retirement.
    "Life is great. Football is better". -Steve Sabol

vCash
    NBC beat ESPN not FOX btw. Should be interesting to see how it goes. Don't really care who airs the race as long as its on tv I'm happy. If they really want to win the fans over them they should show less commercials!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    NBC beat ESPN not FOX btw. Should be interesting to see how it goes. Don't really care who airs the race as long as its on tv I'm happy. If they really want to win the fans over them they should show less commercials!!!!!!
    NBC didn't beat anyone out. ESPN declined to renew their expiring contract with Nascar. TNT's contract with Nascar also expires after 2014 so we may be looking at just Fox and NBC coverage in 2015.
    [CENTER[IMG]http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/scanners/moonrise-kingdom-wes-andersons-miniatures/mkwhatbird-thumb-510x275-49306.jpg[/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Utd7 View Post
    According to this report, NBC has beat ESPN and TNT to broadcast the second half of the Sprint Cup Series in 2015. Wonder how their coverage will be?

Besides more commercials it will be pretty similar to 2001-2006
    [CENTER[IMG]http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/scanners/moonrise-kingdom-wes-andersons-miniatures/mkwhatbird-thumb-510x275-49306.jpg[/CENTER]

vCash
    Give us Bob Jenkins!

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Knights #11 View Post
    NBC didn't beat anyone out. ESPN declined to renew their expiring contract with Nascar. TNT's contract with Nascar also expires after 2014 so we may be looking at just Fox and NBC coverage in 2015.
    I only said that cause Utd said NBC beat out FOX and TNT. But he corrected it

vCash
    My thoughts on NBC's impending booth crew are simple. No one from TNT is allowed. Ricky Craven would be a great start. Michael Waltrip is also a intriguing option as well. Perhaps Benny Parson's ghost will be the 3rd, I don't know.

vCash
    I think Allen Bestwick is a lock to be the NBC Sports play-by-play announcer

vCash

vCash
    Iduno, really don't forsee them bringing in anyone new, just plucking from espn and tnt

vCash

FOX Sports extends and expands NASCAR agreement UPDATE

FOX Sports and NASCAR solidified their future together last October when they announced a multi-platform, multi-series media rights agreement through 2022. Today, less than 10 months later, the two organizations announced they have extended that agreement, which begins in 2015 and runs through 2024. In addition, FOX Sports has added exclusive rights to three additional NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events and the first 14 NASCAR Nationwide Series events of each season. FOX Sports secured exclusive rights to the entire NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season through 2022 last fall and that part of the agreement also has been extended through 2024. Financial terms of the extended agreement were not disclosed.
    NASCAR's media rights package for 2015 and beyond is now complete with FOX Sports holding rights to the first 16 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races, first 14 NASCAR Nationwide Series races and entire NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season. NBC, which last broadcast NASCAR events in 2006, will televise the final 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races, final 19 NASCAR Nationwide Series races and the NASCAR K&N Pro Series and NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour events beginning in 2015.
    In total, NASCAR will have the same number of NASCAR Sprint Cup races on network television  16  as it does in the current television package. FOX Sports will broadcast nine races and NBC will show seven.
    Summary of FOX Sports' Exclusive Rights (2015-2024):
    First 16 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series points races of each season, including the Daytona 500
    Nine on FOX Sports and seven on FOX Sports 1
    First 14 NASCAR Nationwide Series points races of each season
    Fourteen races on FOX Sports 1
    NASCAR Sprint Unlimited, Budweiser Duel and NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race
    All NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races
    (NASCAR)(8-1-2014)
    UPDATE: As expected, Fox Sports and its new Fox Sports 1 network announced Thursday they would broadcast three additional NASCAR Sprint Cup and 14 Nationwide Series races annually beginning in 2015. What was a surprise was Fox  which had already agreed to a contract extension through 2022 last fall  extended its newly expanded deal an additional two years through 2024. Industry sources told the Observer the total cost of the now 10-year Fox deal is $3.8 billion, slightly less than the 10-year, $4.4 billion deal announced last week by NBC, which will broadcast the second half of each season in Cup and Nationwide. Both networks' contracts will now expire at the same time. Beginning in 2015, NASCAR will reap an average of $820 million a year from its TV partners. By comparison, the NFL's current deal among four networks, which expires after this season, averages $3.085 billion a year.

vCash
    NBC Sports went to commercial with 5 laps to go in the Indycar race today... just for future reference

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    lol wow commercials rule the world. Personally i find commercials ****ing stupid. I rarely buy **** because i saw it on a commercial.

vCash
    Most of the commercials I see make me NOT want to buy the product.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner