Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Matt Harvey's Draft Class

I was watching the Mets v Phillies on Sunday.. Gary asked a great question about the 2010 draft.

If you are a GM and could re-do the draft.. Who do you take #1 .. Harper, Machado, or Harvey?
    .. Darling stated he'd take Harvey over Harper, and probably Machado over Harvey.

How do you guys feel?

If the Mets had a choice at any of the three which would you choose now? Knowing the current roster has a ton of pitching depth, does that change your pick?
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Right now, considering the pitching depth the Mets have, I'd choose Machado.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Right now, considering the pitching depth the Mets have, I'd choose Machado.
    So then why aren't the Mets trying to trade Harvey for Machado straight up?.. I understand that it won't happen now as Harvey is the new face of NY and he's seen in every media outlet in the city..

But the Orioles have no Ace, and we need more Offense.. Not saying I'd do this trade.. but this would be one of the most fair straight up trades ever
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Harvey, guys that pitch like Harvey are rare.
    And pitchers like Harvey make winning in the playoffs that much easier.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I'd take Harvey over those guys to be honest. I'd actually probably take Chris Sale over Bryce Harper at this point. He's been dominant and a bonafide ace also... While Harper hasn't been shown to stay healthy all year.

I'd go:

1. Matt Harvey
    2. Manny Machado
    3. Chris Sale
    4. Bryce Harper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    So then why aren't the Mets trying to trade Harvey for Machado straight up?.. I understand that it won't happen now as Harvey is the new face of NY and he's seen in every media outlet in the city..

But the Orioles have no Ace, and we need more Offense.. Not saying I'd do this trade.. but this would be one of the most fair straight up trades ever
    I think it's because both of those players are far too valuable to their respective teams. But yeah, I'd take Machado if I could choose right now. There's still more risk of injury for Harvey than there is for Machado, and hitters tend to age better than pitchers. Plus Machado just turned 21 this month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I would probably take Harper given the choice. I like everything about that kid- his age, position, defense, speed, potential. I think the sky's the limit for him. I'd take Harvey as a close #2. Great post though- what an excellent draft class when you add Sale in the mix

vCash

Matt Harvey's Draft Class

Machado he is SS and guys like that are impossible to find

vCash
    ^The injury of Harper this year makes me a bit weary about him. He's also a bit streaky which I find problematic also. Machado is amazing but has only done it for one year. And there is risk in his size and build also going forward. His defense may not be great if he keeps getting bigger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    I was watching the Mets v Phillies on Sunday.. Gary asked a great question about the 2010 draft.

If you are a GM and could re-do the draft.. Who do you take #1 .. Harper, Machado, or Harvey?
    .. Darling stated he'd take Harvey over Harper, and probably Machado over Harvey.

How do you guys feel?

If the Mets had a choice at any of the three which would you choose now? Knowing the current roster has a ton of pitching depth, does that change your pick?
    Great question. What about Sale too?

Machado
    Harvey
    Harper
    Sale
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Really interesting question. If I had to pick right now, I would give Harper the slight edge over Machado. Harper obviously has 40-HR potential (he could feasibly hit 40 HR next season if he stays healthy) and is easily a better offensive player than Machado. Granted, Machado is an elite defender at a premium position and hasn't had the injury problems that Harper has had.

I would almost always pick the position player over the pitcher. Less volatile, less prone to injuries typically.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Great question. What about Sale too?

Machado
    Harvey
    Harper
    Sale
    IMO Sale isn't really in the conversation. He's obviously a great pitcher, but he seems like an injury waiting to happen. I've never seen someone that frail in a Major League uniform. And that's not an exaggeration. Pair that with his violent windup, and you get...Timmy Lincecum?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    IMO Sale isn't really in the conversation. He's obviously a great pitcher, but he seems like an injury waiting to happen. I've never seen someone that frail in a Major League uniform. And that's not an exaggeration. Pair that with his violent windup, and you get...Timmy Lincecum?
    As in the Timmy Lincecum that won two world series, two cy youngs and just through a no hitter two weeks ago?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Machado he is SS and guys like that are impossible to find
    While he's an incredible hitter, he doesn't walk much and because of that his obp is very pedestrian.

Have a Happy Harvey Day for 300 Alex.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    As in the Timmy Lincecum that won two world series, two cy youngs and just through a no hitter two weeks ago?
    As in the Timmy Lincecum who began to completely break down at age 27. Sorry, thought that was obvious.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast