Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!

Thumbs down Aaron Rodgers, who ‘put my salary on’ Ryan Braun being clean, probably regrets that

Aaron Rodgers was so sure his buddy on the Milwaukee Brewers, Ryan Braun, didn't use performance-enhancing drugs, that he told a skeptical Twitter follower last February that he would put his money where his mouth was.

Todd Sutton @toddsutton

@AaronRodgers12 you really believe he didn't you PED's???? #delusional
    Aaron Rodgers ✔ @AaronRodgers12

@toddsutton ya I'd put my salary next year on it. #ponyup #exonerated
    2:47 PM - 23 Feb 2012

Well, Braun has been suspended by Major League Baseball for the rest of the season after dropping an appeal, and somewhere Todd Sutton is wondering how he can collect the Green Bay Packers quarterback's $4.5 million base salary for this year.

When Braun had a positive test for PEDs overturned on appeal, Rodgers publicly defended him then as well.

Aaron Rodgers ✔ @AaronRodgers12

MLB and cable sports tried to sully the reputation of an innocent man. Picked the wrong guy to mess with. Truth will set u free #exonerated
    2:30 PM - 23 Feb 2012

Might be a bit awkward the next time the two Wisconsin sports stars talk.

Rodgers probably should be regretting being so defensive of Braun, now that Braun has dropped his appeal and said he made "some mistakes" and is willing to accept the consequences. Rodgers once backed out of a jersey bet with the R&B group Boyz II Men, and we really don't figure he will "pony up" on his Braun bet either.
    Link

Will he back out of another bet? The suspense is killing me.

What do you guys think? I'm guessing a decent charitable donation.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Psh... He isnt wearing a 49ers hat or giving up his cash... PASS

#delusional
    #exonerated

seriously though, you talk down to the fans and then you turn out to be the one who's completely wrong. good stuff.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 07-23-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    #delusional
    #exonerated

seriously though, you talk down to the fans and then you turn out to be the one who's completely wrong. good stuff.
    I didn't really follow it. But did he talk down to fans? I thought he addressed the MLB and the media?

Rodgers believed a very good friend and is now in a tough place. He shouldn't have written it though

Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    I didn't really follow it. But did he talk down to fans? I thought he addressed the MLB and the media?

Rodgers believed a very good friend and is now in a tough place. He shouldn't have written it though
    he called people who were saying braun only got off on a technicality "idiots"

point is, he could have supported braun without being so arrogant and snobby about it. now he is the one (as he would say) "eating crow"

I don't blame him for supporting braun at thetime. I think any friend would do the same for their good friend. just the way he did it was wrong IMO, by taunting MLB/ESPN/anyone who thought braun was guilty.

#exonerated
    #howsthecrowmlb
    #shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 07-23-2013 at 07:36 AM.

he called people who were saying braun only got off on a technicality "idiots"

point is, he could have supported braun without being so arrogant and snobby about it. now he is the one (as he would say) "eating crow"

I don't blame him for supporting braun at thetime. I think any friend would do the same for their good friend. just the way he did it was wrong IMO, by taunting MLB/ESPN/anyone who thought braun was guilty.

#exonerated
    #howsthecrowmlb
    #shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, that was too much. Most of the time I like his cockiness and dry sense of humor like the time he called out the media because of the voluntary offseason workouts during the lockout. But that wasn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    Yeah, that was too much. Most of the time I like his cockiness and dry sense of humor like the time he called out the media because of the voluntary offseason workouts during the lockout. But that wasn't necessary.
    yeah he made a mistake, not the end of the world. im sure he realizes it now. stil the best qb in the nfl.

I realize emotion can take over when it's a close friend though. Like I said, i'd probably do the same if it was my close friend.

yeah he made a mistake, not the end of the world. im sure he realizes it now. stil the best qb in the nfl.

I realize emotion can take over when it's a close friend though. Like I said, i'd probably do the same if it was my close friend.
    Me too. I'm interested in how he will respond now. If I'm not mistaken, Braun did test positive again. The MLB convicted him because of the testimony of PED producer.

Im sure he will do nothing at all but it would be nice if he had a charitable donation of some amount, obviously not his whole or even most of his salary, in the fans name towards a good cause.

However it will probably just be brushed under the rug as a comment that was made in the heat of the moment and that will be the end of it.
    New York Jets
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

"Crow doesn't taste too bad." said Rodgers..

obviously ridiculous to expect him to give up his whole salary....having said that stop making bets you have no intention on following through with.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    obviously ridiculous to expect him to give up his whole salary....having said that stop making bets you have no intention on following through with.
    It's not really a bet. It's just rhetoric.

He should donate some $$$ to a charity, just for his name's sake.

A rodg is a d bag

Lol Rodgers is a moron.

He should give up his damn salary lol.

Everyone knew Braun was taking PEDs and that he just found a loophole in the system.

Rodgers is a great Qb, not such a smart person apparently.

Talking down to a fan and being wrong...and then looking like a total D-bag. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast