Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Denver Nuggets sign Nate Robinson to 2 year 4 million

Benjamin Hochman ‏@nuggetsnews 5h
    Nate Robinson to sign with the #Nuggets, league source told me. Story at denverpost dot com: http://bit.ly/17yV4or
    benjamin hochman

vCash
    Yeah buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now Nuggets have my 1st and 2nd favorite players. Now you guys are stuck with me!!!

vCash
    It's been said on other threads but this can only mean one of two things, (i) Erick Green wont make the roster or, the more likely, (ii) Andre Miller's days as a Nugget are soon to be over.

vCash
    Things I like about this move:

1. Most likely means Andre Miller is gone
    2. More likely that the 2 pg lineup is gone
    3. More shooting added to the guards
    4. More athleticism and instant offense added to bench
    5. Only a 4mil over 2 years contract..... talk about a deal
    6. Maybe theres a small chance the nuggets have their own dunk contest Nate, Faried, McGee going at it in an unofficial dunk contest would be sweeeeeet

vCash
    One of the coolest pictures I have seen is Nate and Gallo going to a NY Rangers game. They used to do things off the court. They were like the odd couple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Yeah buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now Nuggets have my 1st and 2nd favorite players. Now you guys are stuck with me!!!
    Lol knew ud come
    Rainbow City Redemption

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFreshNsoClean View Post
    Lol knew ud come
    I have rocked Nate's avatar since around 2008 so I had to come!

vCash
    Sly I've read your posts before here and in the Knicks forum, you are always welcome in my book. Glad to have you, glad to have Nate... Bulls are my second team as my dads from Chicago, and I really enjoyed watching Nate last year. Not only is he a better fit for our fast paced style than Miller, but I think Nate figured out how to rein in his street ball style for more of a controlled athletic NBA style. He's a playmaker and a guy who when on can carry a team. But Sly you might be able to say more about him, since he's one of your favorites... thats just my perception from the games I had seen before and what I saw last year.

Say it ain't so Von say it ain't so!!!

vCash
    For the contract alone, this is a huge bargain. Another player who shots 40% from behind the arc.

Also for those saying we must be trading Miller, don't be so sure. Vic Lombardi was saying his NBA sources told him Nugs not looking to move him.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    For the contract alone, this is a huge bargain. Another player who shots 40% from behind the arc.

Also for those saying we must be trading Miller, don't be so sure. Vic Lombardi was saying his NBA sources told him Nugs not looking to move him.
    Ya I heard Tim Connelly in response to being asked what this move meant for Miller said "Nothing, Andre is going to be here".... something along those lines

but still, its hard to imagine, cause I cant imagine Nate signing here to ride the bench, and I cant imagine just sitting Miller on the bench, especially since it would cost green his roster spot, and theres no way you can give all 3 of those guys enough minutes when none of them can play any position but PG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katspinal1313 View Post
    Sly I've read your posts before here and in the Knicks forum, you are always welcome in my book. Glad to have you, glad to have Nate... Bulls are my second team as my dads from Chicago, and I really enjoyed watching Nate last year. Not only is he a better fit for our fast paced style than Miller, but I think Nate figured out how to rein in his street ball style for more of a controlled athletic NBA style. He's a playmaker and a guy who when on can carry a team. But Sly you might be able to say more about him, since he's one of your favorites... thats just my perception from the games I had seen before and what I saw last year.
    Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate those kind words. I was here a lot last season as well but once Gallo got injured it was not the same for me personally. I will try not to annoy you guys.

As far as Nate goes he can be a steal at this salary. Nate can really be great, When he is really on he can play with almost anyone but people should not expect him to be consistently great. Nate has awesome enthusiasm. I think Nate may have ADHD or something like that. That is just my guess not an actual medical diagnosis. Sometimes his mind wanders. He will do a goofy thing here and there but I do think he is maturing overall. He has the heart of a lion even if he is only around 5-6. If there was ever a player that is almost the opposite of Andre Miller Nate might be it. I just hope Nate doesn't steal the ball from Andre while he walks it up the court. (joke). I just really hope Gallo comes back healthy. I think this team had a legit shot to beat the Spurs last season if Gallo, TY and Farried were all healthy in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    Ya I heard Tim Connelly in response to being asked what this move meant for Miller said "Nothing, Andre is going to be here".... something along those lines

but still, its hard to imagine, cause I cant imagine Nate signing here to ride the bench, and I cant imagine just sitting Miller on the bench, especially since it would cost green his roster spot, and theres no way you can give all 3 of those guys enough minutes when none of them can play any position but PG
    Yeah, because the Nuggets never play two PG's at the same time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by setman2000 View Post
    Yeah, because the Nuggets never play two PG's at the same time.
    The coach controls that and the coach that did that is gone.
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    An even fuller season of Sly in the Nuggs forum?? Can't find a single thing wrong with that. Welcome abroad. Knick Nugget

vCash
    Easily the best move the Nuggs FO made this off-season. Nab an explosive player that can boost the production of the bench by himself for 2 years and 4 mil total?? Yesh..that's incredible. Can't find a single thing wrong with that.

Again, his midgetness will cost us on defense (no matter how anti Dre he is in effort) and his chucking ability might get a little worse due to the "lack of stars" this team has....but it's a productive signing imo. He'll be a interesting little bugger that's for sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast