Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Braun Suspended for the Remainder of the Year - Will Kemp get his MVP Award?

Ryan Braun has agreed to accept a suspension for the remainder of the year due to his involvement with the BioGenesis Lab in South Florida and will now miss 65 games without pay?

This sounds fishy to me, am I the only one?

He fought his previous suspension tooth and nail and was able to win an appeal on a technicality, why would he all of a sudden decide to take his medicine and also do it way in advance of anyone else? MLB already stated that they wouldn't suspend anyone related to BioGenesis until the off season...so why the eagerness to fall on his sword?

Here's my deduction.

The Brewers are done this season, that much is clear and he's not blind to that so taking the suspension that he knows is coming now during a lost season gets him out of having to go through the motions with his team for the remainder of the year making the timing perfect. I don't believe it was the main reason though...here it goes.

MLB has stated that they are negotiating with the players involved individually to determine their level of discipline, if the players are defensive and fight their suspensions then they'll get an undetermined amount of games suspension in the event they're proven to have used PED's, but if they admit to using PED's then in exchange they'll receive a lower suspension. I'm willing to bet that in exchange for accepting the suspension now and agreeing to a longer suspension then he would normally be subject to, 65 games instead of 50, that he will get to keep his MVP Award even if it's shown that he was juicing during his MVP season. Kemp deserved the award and should get it, but he's going to get screwed again and it makes me want to puke. ESPN is saying what a courageous act on Braun's behalf and a bunch of BS, he's taking the easy way out by foregoing a lost season and keeping his MVP even though he didn't deserve it.

It's a little deep, but it's not out of the realm of possibility and I bet it's closer to the truth than anything we hear from this point.

vCash
    Meh, whatever. WE know that Kemp is the deserved MVP winner, his teammates know it and now he definitely knows it.

I just hope he gets healthy.

Move Kemp to RF permanently

Puig needs to be in center, more range and Kemp has gotten brittle :cry: my favorite player can't even stay on the field!

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Kemp wont get the MVP award unless Braun willingly gives it to him. There is no rule that gives the comishioners office the unilateral power to retroactivly take away or hand out awards. Also, i don't think Kemp would want that kind of attention either.

vCash
    Baseball has gotten political enough over all the PED crap. As much I believe that players should be stripped of records or awards for juicing...the last thing baseball needs having awards go to others as a perverse way to "correct" the game.

vCash
    This is what I posted in the Brewer forum.

Most Valuable Piece of ****. He trashed the guy that carried the dirty sample, lied over and over. MLB commends him for taking responsibility for his past actions. At this point did he have any choice. MLB's right, whatta guy. He lied until they caught him with the needle in his ***. The MVP award now has the same significance as a grammy. And here's Milli Vanilli Braun with his biggest hit, "MLB you know it's true."

vCash
    I think kemp healthy is more important than a MVP award

Ps Braun

vCash
    Just saw a quote from Skip on ESPN, he called Braun a liar, said one strike and you out, ridiculous it's still going on and Braun should give the mvp trophy to Kemp. It won't happen but go get'em Skippy. There was more to the quote and Skip sounded totally pissed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    This is what I posted in the Brewer forum.

Most Valuable Piece of ****. He trashed the guy that carried the dirty sample, lied over and over. MLB commends him for taking responsibility for his past actions. At this point did he have any choice. MLB's right, whatta guy. He lied until they caught him with the needle in his ***. The MVP award now has the same significance as a grammy. And here's Milli Vanilli Braun with his biggest hit, "MLB you know it's true."
    You must be very proud.

Does it feel good to trash people who don't even know that you exist?

vCash
    It doesn't work like that. Just add kemp to the long list of people Braun screwed over, though Kemp should have won it over Braun in the first place. Someone said his new name is Lyin Braun, fits well.

10. 07-23-2013, 01:33 AM
    Reason
    insults and baiting

vCash
    ^ Seriously, PSD sucks. Does anybody know of any forums where men can post? Uh oh, I might get a timeout.

vCash
    Does anybody know of any forums where men can post?
    I'm fairly confident that men aren't forbidden from posting here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mOrphosis View Post
    Baseball has gotten political enough over all the PED crap. As much I believe that players should be stripped of records or awards for juicing...the last thing baseball needs having awards go to others as a perverse way to "correct" the game.
    I don't think it's perverse at all, it's what the olympics does and several other sporting bodies, it's what should happen. Now doing it right now will just cause a fight, however come the next contract negotiation they need to make a deal with the union to be able to void all statistics of a players season when they are caught cheating, so the 4 war melky put up is no longer recognized, niether is his all-star game birth, and any awards he may have won that year are taken from him, so if he won a gold glove, gone, mvp gone, silver slugger gone. etc etc etc.

Doing it retroactivly won't solve anything and just create a big mess, you do it from 2016 or w/e going further. The biggest motivating factor for these things is the money to be made on the contracts unfortunately Mekly was caught before he could sign a 5y/$75m contract extention with the giants and screw their abilty to resign guys like pence and panda.
    However since the money from the game is only going to get bigger, there will always be motivation to cheat in any sport really, you just have to make the penalties out weigh the reward.

vCash
    No he won't get it.

Braun is still a slimy piece of **** though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Kemp wont get the MVP award unless Braun willingly gives it to him. There is no rule that gives the commissioners office the unilateral power to retroactively take away or hand out awards. Also, i don't think Kemp would want that kind of attention either.
    Ciaban, is there a place where the unilateral rules of baseball are posted? Can you post a link, I'd like to check them out for this situation and also to see if there is something in there that allows MLB in certain instances to make a suspension longer than 50 games for a first time offense.

The MVP Award may not mean a lot to us as fans, but I bet it means a lot to Kemp since he earned it AND he probably would have gotten some type of incentive contractually for winning it I would imagine.

vCash
    ^ Seriously, PSD sucks. Does anybody know of any forums where men can post? Uh oh, I might get a timeout.
    I can agree with this. I didn't see what you posted but you should be able to call guys out and talk trash..I posted something in the MLB forum that I wish I could call certain individuals a dick face and not get in trouble for it..It didnt get much support..haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast