Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Mavericks Hire Gersson Rosas As GM

The Dallas Mavericks have agreed in principle with Houston Rockets VP of basketball operations Gersson Rosas to become the franchise's general manager, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

For Mavs owner Mark Cuban and president Donnie Nelson, the hiring of Rosas is a coup for an organization that has been committed to finding a way to strengthen its basketball operations. Rosas will be given significant latitude to shape the direction of the franchise's pro and college personnel departments, free agency and scouting.
    As an integral part of rebuilding the Rockets' roster with Houston general manager Daryl Morey, Rosas, 35, is considered one of the NBA's best young executives.
    Over nine years with the Rockets, Rosas advanced steadily through the organization, beginning as a video coordinator and scout, and rising to executive vice president of basketball operations. With Rosas as general manager of Houston's D-League affiliate, the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, the team won two championships and reached a third league finals.
    Rosas is a native of Bogota, Columbia, and has a coaching history at the University of Houston and with the Venezuelan national team.
    The Rockets' front office has become fertile ground for rival franchises to hire executives. Rosas is the second member of the Rockets' front office to leave for a GM promotion this year. Sam Hinkie became the Philadelphia 76ers' general manager in May.
    Donnie Nelson will be only the team president for now
    I posted it in the off-season thread ,but I think this deserves its own thread

NATALIA SIWIEC

vCash

Mavericks Hire Gersson Rosas As GM

I don't know much about him, but I like the fact we have a fresh face in the FO.

vCash
    Great sign a GM when gee idk, more than half of the offseason is already over (Trade Talks). I think you are suppose to sign the GM to then make an educated decision on who to sign as a free agent.
    "Its never gonna be the same....."

GIFSoup

DMF's insight in regards to advance stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Who pays attention to all of that? Those stats mean nothing. They are made up by someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    if bulls win the series ill leave this site forever
    Bulls won the series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElChinoLatino View Post
    Great sign a GM when gee idk, more than half of the offseason is already over (Trade Talks). I think you are suppose to sign the GM to then make an educated decision on who to sign as a free agent.
    We failed this off-season ,this is probably the third consecutive off-season we under perform ,while we accumulated some nice pieces this isn't what we actually expected when we started the plan powder
    Donnie has failed miserably in the draft,since his father left the organization Barea is probably the only serviceable prospect he got
    Donnie was good GM when Dirk was on prime and we were over the luxury trading expiring contract for assets ,but time is changing and I think this is sort of Cuban way of firing him after he felt Donnie under performed this summer,it seems landing D12 was a make or break for him ,Cuban technically made him only team president ,sort of promoting but he is actually firing him from being a GM ,which is a nice gesture considering what Donnie gave to the organization for a long time

NATALIA SIWIEC