Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rams Offered Steven Jackson to Packers Last Year

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, the Rams offered Steven Jackson to the Packers last year in exchange for a seventh-round pick.
    We'd have a harder time buying this if the Journal-Sentinel wasn't the most reputable, reliable NFL newspaper in the nation. Per the report, Green Bay GM Ted Thompson turned down St. Louis' offer because he "didn't want to assume (Jackson's) contract." Instead, the Packers closed out the season with DuJuan Harris in the lead running back role and were bounced by San Francisco in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. Never seriously pursued by the Rams, Jackson signed a three-year, $12 million deal with Atlanta in free agency.

Interesting tid bit. I wonder how this would have changed the outcome of our season last year had we done it.

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

vCash
    That's interesting. Ted always sitting on his hands. At the end of the day, I doubt we win the SB with the defense anyways.

And we look to be better for the future this wa.y.
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

vCash
    Should've done it 4 years ago. Should've done it last year. Should've traded for Lynch.

I hope to god Lacy or Frankin are really good because I can't stomach anymore god awful running backs.

vCash
    The running back wasn't the reason why we lost to the 49ers last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    Exactly.

Lynch wasn't the no brainer move it seems like now either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    While maybe so we can't really say how it would have changed things. There's a huge difference between Game Planning against Green Bay with Dujuan Harris and Game Planning against Green Bay with Steven Jackson.

It's one of those what if scenarios that is fun to discuss but really we'll never know the outcome.

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGB View Post
    While maybe so we can't really say how it would have changed things. There's a huge difference between Game Planning against Green Bay with Dujuan Harris and Game Planning against Green Bay with Steven Jackson.

It's one of those what if scenarios that is fun to discuss but really we'll never know the outcome.
    Sure, but the offense wasn't problem. They couldn't stop Kaepernick and Jackson would have not changed this

vCash
    Its whatever at this point. We went out and signed Benson last year as a temporary fix and that wound up being...well very temporary. I wish TT would've addressed the RB situation earlier, but I'm actually excited about what our backfield has for potential for the first time since MM and TT have been in charge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGB View Post

That's pretty much how I look at it.

Having a really good RB isn't even really about having a great rush attack for us. It's about opening even more things up for Rodgers.

Jackson could have changed things drastically for us last year, and even if he didn't, it was a 7th round pick to give up. That's a no brainer move when all you have is Alex Green tripping over his own feet, IMO.

In hindsight, I'm pretty happy with how things worked out for us considering we got 2 running backs out of the draft this year. But if during the season last year we would've known that Thompson turned down giving up a 7th for Jackson, this forum would've exploded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    That's pretty much how I look at it.

Having a really good RB isn't even really about having a great rush attack for us. It's about opening even more things up for Rodgers.

Jackson could have changed things drastically for us last year, and even if he didn't, it was a 7th round pick to give up. That's a no brainer move when all you have is Alex Green tripping over his own feet, IMO.

In hindsight, I'm pretty happy with how things worked out for us considering we got 2 running backs out of the draft this year. But if during the season last year we would've known that Thompson turned down giving up a 7th for Jackson, this forum would've exploded.
    The issue becomes not being able to lock someone up for the future for a running back, who is a stop gap, like Benson. Just a lot better one who should last longer. But who knows?

I still have my doubts on the validity of this.

I thought it was kind of funny how DuJuan Harris was brought up. I know they just mean that he was our lead back at the end but during the trade deadline I don't think he was even on the roster...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Exactly.

Lynch wasn't the no brainer move it seems like now either.
    Yes it was.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Yes it was.
    No it wasn't. He was coming off a pretty terrible season and beginning to one.

His average for the last few hundred carries was similar to Alex ****ing Green's.

He wasn't far off of being suspended by Goodell for a few games either.

He lost his starting job to Fred Jackson.

He hadn't had 100 yards in 20 or more games.

So you can say "yes it was" all you want, with zero behind to defend yourself. But I remember the reality.

vCash
    lynch wasnt a no brianer, but it was still a move that should have been made
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    lynch wasnt a no brianer, but it was still a move that should have been made
    Certainly in hindsight. So was Randy Moss, Tony G. Etc.

Ted did make the move.......I thought they agreed then BUF screwed them over by taking SEA's same deal but higher in the rounds.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast