Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

History doesn't bode well for Delanie Walker

This will be the 8th year in the NFL for the Titans new tight end Delanie Walker. But so far in the league he has never had more than 30 receptions in a single season. Historically speaking tight ends that are receiving tight ends usually are doing so by their 3rd season in the league.

If Delanie Walker has over 40 receptions in 2013 he will be the very first tight end in NFL history to do so in their 8th season of the league without having eclipsed that mark earlier in their career.

He is predicting that he will have 70 receptions. If history has any relevance then he will be extremely unlikely to even reach 40.

Something else to consider is that in 2012 he dropped 24% of passes thrown his direction. Highest drop rate in the league.

http://www.totaltitans.com/2013-arti...breakouts.html

vCash
    He's obviously gonna help with his run blocking and versatility, but yikes...that makes me a little uneasy.

vCash
    When you look at it

Craig Stevens Best Season (2012)
    23-275-1

Delanie Walker Best Season (2010)
    29-331-0

Craig Stevens is an amazing run blocker. If Delanie Walker isn't gonna be any improvement as a blocker or receiver then why even bring him onto the team? Especially at 4-year $17.5 million....

vCash
    It is interesting, but seeing as he spent his entire career behind Vernon Davis, I'm not buying too much into it. Hard to breakout when you're a backup for a team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    When you look at it

Craig Stevens Best Season (2012)
    23-275-1

Delanie Walker Best Season (2010)
    29-331-0

Craig Stevens is an amazing run blocker. If Delanie Walker isn't gonna be any improvement as a blocker or receiver then why even bring him onto the team? Especially at 4-year $17.5 million....
    I really hope that they use a lot of two tight end sets. Those two with the improved offensive line should be, SHOULD be nasty.

At the same time I'm afraid we are gonna be paying significant money to two blocking Tight Ends. I'm not counting Walker out by any means. I'm just gonna be cautiously/realisticly optimistic. Cub fan, can't help it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myestro4life View Post
    It is interesting, but seeing as he spent his entire career behind Vernon Davis, I'm not buying too much into it. Hard to breakout when you're a backup for a team.
    This.

I guarantee Walker will top 40 catches unless he's hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myestro4life View Post
    He played 63% of their snaps over the last 3 years. Thats more than any of the Titans tight ends have played in that same time period.

He played in over 100 more snaps last year than Jared Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by KnocOnYoBloc View Post
    This.

I guarantee Walker will top 40 catches unless he's hurt.
    I hope you are right. But I will believe it when I see it. He has had a terrible catch-to-target rate going all the way back to college. He has only caught something like 55% of the passes thrown his direction while in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    I really hope that they use a lot of two tight end sets. Those two with the improved offensive line should be, SHOULD be nasty.

At the same time I'm afraid we are gonna be paying significant money to two blocking Tight Ends. I'm not counting Walker out by any means. I'm just gonna be cautiously/realisticly optimistic. Cub fan, can't help it.
    That is something I worry about as well. The Titans having too much money and draft picks spread around on offense on guys that aren't even gonna be out there for half the plays.

Chris Johnson
    Shonn Greene
    Nate Washington
    Kenny Britt
    Kendall Wright
    Damian Williams
    Justin Hunter
    Craig Stevens
    Delanie Walker
    Quinn Johnson/Colin Mooney/Whoever they go with at Fullback

You want Kenny Britt on the field.

Nate Washington is making +$4 million you want him on the field.

Kendall Wright was a 1st rounder and supposedly the best wideout in camp you want him on the field.

Damian Williams was statically their 2nd best receiving option in 2012.

They just used an early 2nd round pick on Justin Hunter.

Chris Johnson is making big money and will be in there 80% of the time.

Shonn Greene is making +$3 million a year you would think he is gonna get some snaps aside from just short yardage.

Delanie Walker in my opinion makes Craig Stevens seem almost pointless on this roster. Especially when he is making $3 million a year.

Then they have said they are gonna keep a fullback. How many formations are they gonna run with a fullback? If they plan on running that many then why even bother having 2 blocking tight ends?

I just don't know some times and thought the same last year. At times it seems to me that this coaching regime is more worried about having all these different types of players to run all these different types of schemes. Instead of just going out and getting every down football players.

vCash
    Stevens will be cut next summer. This is Britt's last season as a Titan. Wright & Hunter are the guys going forward. Could be Nate's last Titans season also. Poor D-Will doesn't have much of a chance to contribute this coming season, but he always seems to find a way.

vCash

History doesn't bode well for Delanie Walker

Maybe we will run on 70% of all plays lol

vCash
    Delanie Walker on the PUP with knee issues they are hopeful he gets in near the end of camp and gets into some preseason games.