Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Raiders breakdown; Offensive line

Overall outlook: The Raiders offensive line could be vastly improved this year. New coordinator Greg Olson has reverted the Raiders back to a power-blocking scheme, which fits the talent of this unit. While scheme change was vital, the addition of position coach Tony Sparano is equally important. Hes well respected as a line coach and a running-game coordinator, and should help maximize his talent. Veldheer and Wisniewski will again lead the line. Bergstrom must perform in his first season as a starter and the right side needs to shore up during camp to operate at its highest level.

Camp competition: The battle at right tackle is one to keep an eye on during camp. Incumbent starter Barnes will be challenged by Watson. The second-round pick is an intriguing prospect with tremendous athleticism and a massive frame and should play if he can master the scheme during camp. He only started one year and Florida State and got into football late in life, so hes less experienced than most rookies despite being 24. Brisiel and Nix will compete to be the starting right guard. Brisiel was imported last year to be a zone blocker, and is a poor fit for the new scheme. That gives the 317-pound Nix a chance to win the job with a strong camp.

This could be a great year for our running game if the offensive line can play half as good as predicted ,and if Run-dmc can stay healthy the skies the limit.

Feel the wrath of the darkside.

vCash
    It's going to be interesting to see how the right side of the O-line materializes. I'm looking forward to see what Sporano can do with these guys. I foresee a punishing running game, with or without McFadden.
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderJunkee View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how the right side of the O-line materializes. I'm looking forward to see what Sporano can do with these guys. I foresee a punishing running game, with or without McFadden.
    Agreed.

vCash
    x2 and with little Wiz at center calling the protections and assingments we should be able to run the sh** out of the ball... If DMAC goes down then its next man up!

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    So Berg is going to play LG? Hopefully that works out because we need that left side to be dominant like it was 2 years ago. If Berg doesn't pan out there they should move Wiz back to LG because when him and Veld are side by side we could run on anybody.

I'm excited about our Oline for years to come. Need to shore up the right side buy I'm hearing high praise for the rook Watson. If our Oline is dominant we have the speed on the outside to have an explosive offense.

Next up - shore up the Dline and work our way out from the lines. I've been pleading for the approach of building up the lines and working out for 12 years! Stop bringing in skill positions when we don't have lines to allow them to be productive! Can't wait for Thursday when camp starts!!!

Go Raiders!!!
    [SIGPIC]

vCash
    looking foward to this year

vCash
    Watson will start over Barnes this year is my guess. If all else is equal, Watson gets the start because he is being looked at as a starter for years to come. He IS Barnes's replacement. There's not much future in Barnes. His job this year is to hold the fort until a suitable replacement is found, and it seems as if Reggie and Dennis Allen believe Watson is that guy. While this year is not a throw-away year, Reggie knows our post-season playoff future is still a couple of years away.

I don't think Reggie drafts a guy that high to let him sit. He'll play him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by L@ker4Life View Post
    So Berg is going to play LG? Hopefully that works out because we need that left side to be dominant like it was 2 years ago. If Berg doesn't pan out there they should move Wiz back to LG because when him and Veld are side by side we could run on anybody.

I'm excited about our Oline for years to come. Need to shore up the right side buy I'm hearing high praise for the rook Watson. If our Oline is dominant we have the speed on the outside to have an explosive offense.

Next up - shore up the Dline and work our way out from the lines. I've been pleading for the approach of building up the lines and working out for 12 years! Stop bringing in skill positions when we don't have lines to allow them to be productive! Can't wait for Thursday when camp starts!!!

Go Raiders!!!
    I really feel our D-line will be a lot better then some may think. Schemes makes fights on defense putting players in positions that best fits their talents can bring out the best in the worse of players. Plus Allen is a defensive coach his expertise in that area will have to payoff some time after all he hand picked the current roster if they buy into his philosophy like they should anything can happen let's hope that turns out to be the case.

vCash
    I think an OL of Veld, Berg, Wiz, Nix, and Watson could be pretty good.......
    The Leonard Williams crew. Who's with me???

N. Cog Neato, krsonekth

vCash
    About halfway through the year, people will start talking about our OL and how it stacks up as one of the best in the league.

The OL will be one of our bright spots, and that shoudl help a lack luster RB and QB core to succeed more then they should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    About halfway through the year, people will start talking about our OL and how it stacks up as one of the best in the league.

The OL will be one of our bright spots, and that shoudl help a lack luster RB and QB core to succeed more then they should.
    This right here is what I believe.

With Veldeer/Berg/Wiz/Nix/Watson we will have a young hungry group of lineman to defend our QB and open lanes for our RB for years to come.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    If Barnes lose the rt spot do you guys think he could play better as a guard ?

vCash
    Tony Saprano will get the running game going no doubt. He had an old Ricky Williams and overrated Ronnie Brown playing as a solid tandem.

You dont adjust. You just dominate.
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoneydavison25 View Post
    If Barnes lose the rt spot do you guys think he could play better as a guard ?
    Yes, Barnes has a great push. His problem is dealing with quickness from the DE. He might be an excellent OG actually. His run blocking has always been good. I'm telling you, if Watson pans out as a starting RT, our OL just got real good real fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    Tony Saprano will get the running game going no doubt. He had an old Ricky Williams and overrated Ronnie Brown playing as a solid tandem.
    That was the best hire of the offseason

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast